Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Man, I'm getting sick of waiting on this "预录取" business. But of course it could be worse. Anybody get accepted by BLCU yet? That's my first choice.

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取

(意见:学生材料齐全,HSK和HSKK成绩优秀,日后有意愿攻读汉语硕士,按总部择优录取意见,拟录取该生。 )

接收院校:北京语言大学

Can you tell me your scores? BLCU is my second choice and I'm afraid the quota is filled and I cant get the scolarship

Hiii guys !

I was rejected by first choice and my secound choice , now my system is :

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 调剂院校

(意见:转其它学校 )

接收院校:北京师范大学

And beijing shifan is my secound choice , please any one explain

Before this notice it was :

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校

(意见:北京师范大学一学年奖学金名额有限,请转其它学校审核

接收院校:北京师范大学

Hi!

According to my status on the CIS website I've been awarded a one-year scholarship at Beijing Foreign Studies University.

This is the status:

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金

(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部决定授予一学年奖学金。请大学与学生确认是否能如期入学。)

My CI told me that I should now be contacted by the university and I should receive the application materials from BFSU by the end of June. However, I haven't received any email yet, and I got that status two weeks ago.

I also emailed BFSU to inform them that I got the scholarship and to ask more information, but it seems they didn't understand. Their answer to my email was:

" Dear student,

If you are get enrolled, CIS will send you the admission notice and registration materials, Please wait for your results. "

I answered them saying that I already got the results, and to let them understand I copied in the email my current status on the CIS website, but they didn't reply anymore.

Should I be worry about it? Any suggestion?

Thanks!

@Ray_m

First off, how do I actually reply to a post? Like you did to my post from a couple days ago, with my original post above the new comment? Can't figure it out....

Anyway, my scores were 227 for the HSK4 and 81 for the HSKK basic.

Guys, @baihua

Please, HELP

My story goes like this: The first time I sent my application my options were 1.Nanjing 2.Tianjin. I got accepted by Nanjing, but Hanban told me it has already filled it's quota so I had to re-upload and re-send my application to my second option, Tianjin. When I did it, my application returned to Nanjing and bow my status goes like this:

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回

(意见:请填写完整的教育背景信息。)

接收院校:南京大学

This thing is driving me crazy. I have so many questions. First: Is it posible that Nanjing can accept more students if they have already told me that they filled tje quota?

Second: What they need me to upload, if my education background is complete

Third: Now that my application is again open, can I change my options without problem? Becuase I am thinking un sending it to Xiamen University. Do you know if it's hard toget in there or if they are a more students at this time?

Please, help. Please, please :)

@dcase479

Just click the post and there is "quote" button :) Thank you!

And guys, seems like i'll be rejected by my 1st uni, does someone know if BLCU still accepting students? I anxiuos cause 15th of June might be deadline :(

Anyone been accepted to Fudan Uni yet? I have been on 已确认 for nearly a month!! Getting very worried now that I have missed out because quotas have been filled  :(

@maryellis: I got accepted by my 1st choice university, but when I was talking to the director of my CI and asked him about a situation in which you're rejected by both universities, he said that last year there were two or three situations when someone was rejected by the 1st and the 2nd choice universities, but there was no problem with being assigned to another university.
In our CI, you just have to contact the Institute immediately after being rejected bu both universities and make sure they (your CI) will help you find another university.  

So I think it is the best to ask someone from your Institute what they think about it... 

@skypirate: already did but unfortunately my CI is very very unprepared regarding the CI Scholarships and I'm very dissapointed.

The director of my CI said that in her opinion I have to wait and they will assing me to another uni. It's already mid of June and I'm very nervous.

Thank you for the reply anyway! So there is still hope  :D

@Astrid79

I assume that you've contacted your CI and they couldn't answer your questions. My CI is like this also, they dont know anything. You should contact Tianjin Uni directly and ask them. If anyone knows anything, it's them.

@Hannahknolan

I've been told that the better the university, the longer you wait for the response, and Fudan is second in the country if I'm correct(?). There is no way they forgot about you. Just wait ;)

Hi guys. Final exams coming up, been very busy!! I really cannot wait until next Monday when all my exams are over.

Although I am also new to this, I hope I can provide some input.

- If the university you are applying for is partnered with you CI, usually your application will be processed faster and apparently prioritised, which is why your CI will  recommend you apply at their partner university. However, if the university you are applying isn't, then naturally it will take longer to process, depending on the uni. However there is still plenty of time. I can understand the anxiousness of awaiting for an answer but I am sure it will come soon! Try and be patient!

- If you are rejected by your 1st or 2nd uni, due to quota limit or their decision to reject (不予录取), if you ticked to accept Hanban's suggestion of institution, Hanban should definitely help you find another uni for you. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgot about you. Just be prepared to accept whatever they suggest.

- Your CI is very useful and can provide much valuable information and answers to some problems you have encountered in the application process. Ask them by visiting them or through email if they can help.

- @Astrid97 Make sure your education background has been filled out fully. You might have missed something. Then check everything in the application is completed with all the necessary supporting documents, then resubmit.

- If you have been accepted, then just hang tight. My CI has told to wait to receive the scholarship certificate from HanBan before contacting my university. They will send the admissions paper and everything else, either to your home address or your CI (more likely). Just wait a little longer, the hardest part is already over :)

Hope that helps. @crisgee, can you please double check that I haven't said anything wrong or misleading haha. This is my first time and the information comes mainly from my discussion with my CI.

Anyone going to 上海交通大学? I will see you there :)

• Like 2

@maryellis: I keep my fingers crossed for you! And I think it should be ok to wait till Friday and then contact hanban on Monday if you aren't assigned to a different university yet.

@ChenJiaZe: I'm gonna study at SJTD, too! :D 

So I heard through the Chinese grapevine (from a teacher at our CI who heard it from someone at their partner university) that the 15th is when stuff is going to go down. Anybody hear anything about this? I'm trying to figure out if that's a signifcant date for Hanban or just for that particular university (BLCU)....

zhongguoren93

Posted 8 minutes ago

I also got BLCU scholarship (4 weeks). Have they sent you any e-mail with information needed for Visa, dates, etc?

So you mean you got the final "Hanban has funded this" status on cis.chinese.cn? I'm still on the "预录取" status, so I haven't heard anything from anybody there about visas or arrival dates or semester start dates or whatever. I'm applying for the one-year thing.

Have you heard what the semester start date will be?