Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@dcase479: I also heard something about that. I believe 15th June was the deadline last year, but since some policies concerning the scholarships have changed, it may be different this year...

anyway, I do hope universities will stick to this date as they did last year and they'll contact all the people who had been granted the scholarships, while all the people whose applications were rejected, will get redirected to some other university chosen by Hanban... 
But it's just what I'm guessing... what sounds logical to me. 

@zhongguoren93: I also got 授予奖学金 status two weeks ago and haven't got any messages from the university since then. But I'm going to wait till the end of this week due to that rumours (to me, plausible rumours) about 15h June being the deadline, and then - if I still don't get any e-mail from them - I'm gonna e-mail my university on Monday 20th.

@dcase479 hey i got

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取

(意见:秘鲁学生占我校留学生比例甚少,综合考虑奖学金分布情况,我校同意录取)

接收院校:北京语言大学

like three days ago, so I guess we're in the same waiting boat xD Has it been that long since you got that 预录取 status? do you think BLCU has already accepted us and now we just have to wait for Hanban? I'll let you know if I'm told anything btw, and if I'm not mistaken, we're supposed to start on the second week of September.

@Ray_m I got that status like three days ago so I guess they're still taking in, or at least they're still going through all the documents and that, so worry not!

@adamr13: Could you please tell us where on the application form you found mention of this date? Nothing on mine.

I also checked the cis website but again no mention of a date.

4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive s election. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.

5. After confirming with the successful applicants, host institutions are required to post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China" (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to the recommending institutions within 15 working days.

15th June was the deadline before they announced that recruitment was now open all year round on a trial basis. No more deadlines was respected after that from my own experience.

@crisgee. Do you know when Hanban will officialize the scholarship this year?

It is now the 15th and no change of status so far.

• Like 1

@pho

Not on the application form, on the notice/document containing the information about the various CIS types and application process etc. (it was on my CI website) And the same is on the site of the ELTE Confucius Institute (Hungary) itself. I could link the site but it is in Hungarian :P

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who were awarded with the scholarship! Just be patient and wait for those admission notices and jw201 or jw202 forms to arrive in the mail. It will take time. There are thousands of you. Please be patient. They will arrive either at your mailing address or your CI. Here in the Philippines, there have been instances when the a student was accepted in the middle of July. The student received his mail in the middle of August. 

If the university doesn't immediately contact you, that's okay. Maybe they are planning to e-mail all the accepted applicants at the same time? Maybe the office that handles admissions for scholarship students also handles admissions for ALL incoming foreign students? In some cases, universities don't even contact the successful applicants through email. They just send the admission package directly and wait for them to show up in China. 

Very grateful to ChenJiaZe for this. I agree with your points. Also I advice everyone to back read from around April to see if your questions have been answered.

Although I am also new to this, I hope I can provide some input.

- If the university you are applying for is partnered with you CI, usually your application will be processed faster and apparently prioritised, which is why your CI will  recommend you apply at their partner university. However, if the university you are applying isn't, then naturally it will take longer to process, depending on the uni. However there is still plenty of time. I can understand the anxiousness of awaiting for an answer but I am sure it will come soon! Try and be patient!

- If you are rejected by your 1st or 2nd uni, due to quota limit or their decision to reject (不予录取), if you ticked to accept Hanban's suggestion of institution, Hanban should definitely help you find another uni for you. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgot about you. Just be prepared to accept whatever they suggest.

- Your CI is very useful and can provide much valuable information and answers to some problems you have encountered in the application process. Ask them by visiting them or through email if they can help.

- @Astrid97 Make sure your education background has been filled out fully. You might have missed something. Then check everything in the application is completed with all the necessary supporting documents, then resubmit.

- If you have been accepted, then just hang tight. My CI has told to wait to receive the scholarship certificate from HanBan before contacting my university. They will send the admissions paper and everything else, either to your home address or your CI (more likely). Just wait a little longer, the hardest part is already over  :)

Hope that helps. @crisgee, can you please double check that I haven't said anything wrong or misleading haha. This is my first time and the information comes mainly from my discussion with my CI.

Anyone going to 上海交通大学? I will see you there  :)

@pho: Didn't you already get the scholarship? What do you mean by officialize?

Regarding the June 15 date:

I'm not aware if there is anything that's going to happen today. The CIS website is pretty clear that there is no deadline, and that announcements will be made 45 days after the applicant has been recommended (ideally). CIs may set their own application deadlines for the sake of their own convenience or due other internal arrangements. Even universities may set their own dates to announce their CI scholarship awardees, but it's up to them. I still have applicants on my system whose statuses are at 院校审核 or 预录取。I wasn't informed if there will be changes today.

• Like 3

Also I advice everyone to back read from around April to see if your questions have been answered.

Yes, please, take some time to read everything that was posted this year, most of the recent statuses and questions were already answered. At least please prove that you've done some research before asking.

• Like 2

@ crisgee. Yes I got the scolarship. I have the following status 申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金
(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部决定授予一学期奖学金。请大学与学生确认是否能如期入学。)
接收院校:华东师范大学

and you kindly confirmed it a week ago.

However, having red on the site about CIS in 2014 and 2015 I was under the impression that the uni would accept you - my current status- and then Hanban would officially give you the scolarship around the 15th of June. It seems this year it is completely different and there won't be any change in my status after what I got a week ago. Is that correct?

If so I will just wait patiently for the admission notice and visa application.

Any idea what 请大学与学生确认是否能如期入学  means?

@Tiri Thanks for the reply! It has been 28 days since my materials were "accepted" or changed to 已确认 so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens! Fingers crossed for us all :)

@pho

Your status is the final one, the end of the road, the top of the mountain. :lol: You officially got the scholarship, and the status will no longer change.

请大学与学生确认是否能如期入学 --- "Requesting the university to please confirm with the student if he/she can enroll as scheduled."

Again, the university will contact you. 

@pho If so I will just wait patiently for the admission notice and visa application.

I have also accepted to lay back and wait, they will contact us sooner or later :)

I don't know if this happening on June 15th was just BLCU's preference or what, but my status was updated when I woke up this morning.

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 

(意见:孔子学院总部同意授予一学年奖学金,请学校与学生确认是否按时入学。)
接收院校:北京语言大学

Super excited and thankful.  #Praises

@Tiri A friend who works in our CI told me that basically when you want to communicate with the folks in China, just call them. Email seems to get overlooked. Of course, calling China isn't easy (logistically or linguistically), but... yeah. For what that's worth.