Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@valdez81 Once you have gotten the scholarship (as you say you have) it seems very risky to mee. I heard of people who rejected a scholarship after they were granted it and they got in some sort of black list, basically Hanban doesn't bother with your applications anymore.

• Like 1

• New Members

@hoshinoumi I heard the same thing last year after I had to reject the scholarship. But this year I didn't have any problems and everything turned out alright. It might have helped that I got my Confucius Institute to contact Hanban to let them know that I was withdrawing.

@Ray_m Yes, that is very possible. If the school received more applications than positions they have available, they choose the best candidates to fill the spots and refer the rest to their second choice universities. 

@--/Mary/-- Thank you very much for your answer, I hope I still have a chance.

@hoshinoumi Hi! My second choice is Xi An International Studies University, do you know if they're still taking in any students?

@valdez81

I think it would be best to accept your scholarship. You would be putting your CI and the university that accepted you in a very awkward position. They have made their decision, so better stick with it. Here in our CI we have encountered applicants rejecting their scholarship, and we have been told by Hanban not to recommend them anymore if they apply again in the future. 

@annuschka I'm guessing you had serious reasons to reject it, you told your CI and they agreed it was serious reasons to cancel it, that's why maybe Hanban had no problems this year to grant it to you? (Congrats, by the way!!  :wink: )

@Ana_18 No idea, sorry, I'm just another student, but best of luck!! Give it at least a couple of weeks after your status gets to 已确认

@ray_m It means your Confucius Intitute is reviewing you application; but the important thing is what is says after that. Also, check the topic named "Confucius institute Scholarship Application Status"

• Like 1

@Loh Kae

I received "决定授予一学年奖学金" and the university has already been in touch. I had to go through an arduous 7 week wait which included some testing feedback.

I hope its plain sailing from here on in....

hai all!!

my friend's got this status today.

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校
(意见:贵校一学年录取名额已满,请将此批学生转第二志愿。)

What does this mean?

Thank you!

@ stellave. It probably means the uni where your friend applied has filled its quota of students and that your friend's application is now been transfered to her second choice uni for review. But better to wait for Crisgee to confirm this interpretation though.

• Like 1