Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hi guys

Please help me to understand this

Thank you all!!!

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 

(意见:南京大学一学年奖学金名额有限,本周国别平衡,其余转第二志愿学校审核。天津大学请学生上传在校成绩单。 2.请上传最高学历证明的翻译件(中文或英文),谢谢!)

接收院校:天津大学

@ Celester. According to Crisgee this status shows you got the scholarship. Of course we all wonder what the sentence in brackets means. I emailed the Uni about it and no reply so far.

hoshinoumi did it too.

@hoshinoumi. Any reply to the email you sent to your Uni about the cryptic sentence in brackets?

@crisgee. Before the new "no deadline" rule, Hanban was supposed to annonce the final decisions about the scolarships on June 15th with official lists of successful applicants published. Do you think this deadline will be respected?

Ah well, just as I was sending this post, I got a reply from ECNU saying 学校将根据汉办公布名单发放录取通知书,请耐心等待。meaning:

The school will publish a list of the admission notice issued in accordance with Hanban, please be patient.

I suppose they refer to the list I was just asking Crisgee about!

Maybe you just need to post here and then you automatically receive a reply from China :mrgreen: !

@pho well yeah, thats what one of my teachers told me, but to start sorting out the visa documents we need the papers we gonna get from our respective universities, so i guess we have to wait til june 15th , also i think theres a medical?

and the flight thing, isnt that provided by hanban? well at least for the 1 year scholarship...

@pho 

The school will publish a list of the admission notice issued in accordance with Hanban, please be patient.

Thanks for posting your answer! I still have no reply but I guess it will be something like that.

@celester: flight provided by Hanban for 1-year-scholarship?? Where did you read that?

@hoshinoumi well at least for my country application guidelines (peru), the plane tickets were included for the scholarship along w the usual monthly "allowance",

i guess its only for third world countries :lol:, my friend from ecuador also got free plane tickets so yup

hi guys ! i have question,申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 

(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部授予一学年奖学金。请大学与学生确认。) what means?  :-?

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校 

(意见:综合平衡第一、第二志愿学校学生国别,拟调剂其它学校再审核)

接收院校:哈尔滨工程大学

Can someone please help me with that? 

@ampw10. I had the same thought than Systemmz.

On your CIS application you can tick an option to be sent everywhere in case you don't get accepted at your first and second choice. If you ticked it and if you have already seen the name of your first and second choice on your status, then it is likely that Hanban is trying to find you a place somewhere.

Check with your CI to be sure.

• Like 1

@Astrid 79 This means that you were not accepted to Nanjing University because of there being limited spots open. Your application was went to Tianjin University. However, for some reason, I'm pretty sure Tianjin need you to resubmit your transcripts and proof of the highest degree you've earned, like a copy of your hs or college diploma (whichever you have). The documents have to be either in English or Chinese. That's what this part means: 天津大学请学生上传在校成绩单。 2.请上传最高学历证明的翻译件(中文或英文),谢谢!)

@ampw I'm pretty sure this means that both the schools you chose are full. I think they have the option of suggesting you to a completely different university of their choosing. It says that your application is being re-examined to be sent to another school, so this is probably what happened.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have the same situation as @Astrid 79. I applied to Zhejiang University and Tianjin University, but despite of high results of HSK, Zhejiang University refuse my application. Then my second choise university (Tianjin) write in status, that I need to submit my transcript. But I don't understand why they need my transcript, because I already submit translated version of my diploma. Who know why they recuire my transcript if I go for 1 year scholarship? It's nonsense.