Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@hoshinoumi thanks for responding to me :) There are unis just for foreigners? (also, why would these be bad?) - I got into Renmin University which was my second priority after Beida. I just read someone on an old thread (2013 ish) complaining about the language courses - but I'm happy to hear it's probably just rumours, if anything :) 

@Astaa

I have been to Renmin Uni twice and found it good! And Renmins location is really good too! I think they have about 6 levels of Chinese classes and the lower ones may not be as good, but if you take a higher level and actually try to learn, then you will! I don't think you can believe all the stories, everyone has their own experiences!

@Hannahknolan 

That's awesome, thanks! I probably won't try too high a level of classes, since I do have trouble with grammar - so I really want to focus on that and work on building a good foundation for further studies back home :)

And I am probably that geek who'll be really into the classes, rather than just using it as an opportunity to roam around Beijing for free :P (I'm a nerd, I know...)

@Tantara I was thinking about it, too...I sent them an e-mail, but they didn't answet. I attached these documents that you mentioned but I wanted to be sure.

And there is another question that I have..

They told me to choose the way I will take my admission notice.. via post or to pick it up on my own from the university and I chose the second option. Is it ok? I mean, it's ok if I don't have it until I get there?

@iabarbu. With the admission notice the university usually sends the student visa application form so I suppose how am I going to get a visa is what you need to think about before choosing one of the two options. Seems easier to have the student visa before going to China and so get the admission notice sent home.

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone is going to 上海交通, and has already received a message from the university.

I received the following status more than 5 weeks ago, but still haven't heard anything. I tried to contact them two weeks back but haven't gotten any response.

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 

(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部授予一学年奖学金。请大学与学生确认。)

The waiting is driving me insane;)

@Helan: Shanghai Jiao Tong Daxue have sent the e-mail to me today in the morning with the information about the accomodation and the list of the students... You probably have checked your spam folder, but are you sure you wrote your e-mail address correctly in the application?

Edit: since I cannot send you a private message, I'll write it here -  if you send me your name via WeChat (my account is on my profile), I can check if you're on the list of students they've sent today... maybe they just misspelled your e-mail address...I have no idea, but I hope it's just some mistake and all will turn out well for you ;) Just let me know and I'll try to help.

Hello,

I got this status around 2 weeks ago: 申请进度:“接收院校审核中” (意见:因名额有限,不予录取。) 

and today it changes to  : 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取 (意见:申请人HSK五级288分,HSKK中级75分,成绩优秀,符合录取条件,建议录取!) 接收院校:复旦大学

am i accepted by fudan? what will happen next?

thanks

Hello All,

I applied CIS Scholarship on early May and went out some several steps,
My current state is this : 

• 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 未录取
    (意见:学校未录取)

I failed to get my 1st and 2nd options.

When I apply for the Scholarship, I said "yes" to the question that 'I will be accepted recommendation suggested by Hanban.'
But Since 2 weeks ago, My state is still like this. 
Do you think that I can get chance to go third University? (I mean, Hanban will recommand other university to me?)
I wrote letter to Hanban, But I have no Idea they Checked mine or not.
How do you think? Thank you for your help in advance.

@Skypirate

I can't view your profile since I haven't made enough posts yet :-? I checked my spam folder and there's no email from Shanghai Jiaotong.

I think I emailed the right address since they replied once when I was in pre-admission. But maybe I did make an error in my emailaddress during my application, which address have you received mail from yesterday?

@Chanii It looks like they have accepted your application, maybe another student dropped out? Now you must wait for Hanban to approve the scholarship, which only took one day for me! Congrats! I am also going to Fudan in September :)

• Like 1