Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua University Fall/Autumn 2010

bunny87

Hey @nazreal. Me and my friends found a flat despite the fact that we rushed into it. PM me if you're still finding it difficult with the flat-finding situation.

With the beddings problem, went to Lotus Center along Chengfu Road, somewhere in front of Hua Qing Jia Yuan. Their second floor has bedding stuff, me and my friends bought pillows, pillowcases, bedsheets and comforters there. I suggest you not to buy for example - hangers there. It's more expensive. We bought our things at a store near the South Gate of the university.

Hope you find what you need. :)

Hey I just checked into building 21 as well at the dorms. I'm still trying to get situated and figure out where stuff is. For those that want to meet up you should PM me and we can figure out a time/place. I pretty much have nothing to do at this point besides run some errands/get food/get a socket converter. I PMd some of you already but let me know! I'll be around.

Hi guys,

I'm from Singapore and new here!:) I hope to apply to Tsinghua to study Chinese/Economics (or both).

1. Does anyone know the acceptance rate for foreigners at Tsinghua?

2. I scored 38 points in the IB programme. What do they look for in an applicant and what are some of the other requirements?

3. When does applications re-open?

Sorry for so many questions and a HUGGGGGGGGGGEEE thanks in advance!

Hey I'm in my dorm room on campus now...would anyone like to go explore the city a bit sometime this week? I haven't left campus yet...I think there's a subway station nearby on Caijing Donglu (street on east side of campus) though, so that's good. I don't have a cell phone yet but hopefully I'll get one in the next few days.

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you has already applied for the residence permit, and how long they were told it would take to issue it. I need to leave china for a few days on the 24th, and i am freaking out, thinking i wont be able to get back into the country!!!

See you around,

e

Depends entirely on how efficient your school and the PSB are, and bear in mind this is a busy time for both of them. I suspect two weeks might be pushing it a bit, but ask the school. It should be possible for you to take your passport and documents to the PSB directly rather than handing them to the school, and ask the PSB for a quick turnaround.

hi all, i'm new to the forum but i was just wondering if anybody is still looking for housing. a friend and i just moved into a 2 bedroom in wencheng jiezuo. We're studying at tsinghua this semester and have been searching for apartments for the last couple of days. The apartments there are really spacious and our living room is really large. we were looking for a third to rent out part of our living room which is sectioned off. the apartment itself comes with a flat screen, a nice bathroom and brand new furniture. give me a call if you're interested at 13241144548. we're looking for 1300 rmb a month which is far cheaper than you'll find for a single and this place is absolutely gorgeous.

@soteria - just joined the CSC programme doing Chinese lit at Tsinghua. keen to meet other CSCs and all foreigners whilst there. PM me or buzz me on 13683246583 as i'm not staying in the dorm, arrived late and know NOT A SOUL IN BEIJING. would be good to find some stuff to do, especially in the alternative arts scene...

Hi Wesley - intertested in the apartment but would love to know where Wencheng Jiezuo is exactly. Currently staying in Yonghe at a friends place but know that i need to move out soon. have a room at the dorm but want to live outside in the real world, if you get me. Kind of keen to stay in Dongcheng but would be happy to move out west (if that's where it is) if the room is sweet. give me a buzz on 13683246583. Cenn

@Nen - I'm a scholar too and received no information regarding my course. Sucks. Still have no idea what I am doing and it's the weekend before classes start - I don't know where they are or anything like that. Fancy helping one another out? ps my number is 13683246583. cenn from the UK

Hey alfie - name's cenn from London. Not staying at the dorm but in centre of town. doing Chinese lit at Tsinghua and am completely lost. Praps a beer or something? number is 13683246583

Hi guys,

I'm from Singapore and new here! I hope to apply to Tsinghua to study Chinese/Economics (or both).

1. Does anyone know the acceptance rate for foreigners at Tsinghua?

2. I scored 38 points in the IB programme. What do they look for in an applicant and what are some of the other requirements?

3. When does applications re-open?

Sorry for so many questions and a HUGGGGGGGGGGEEE thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Since some of you already have followed the Chinese Language Program at Tsinghua University, I was wondering what your experience was like. How do you feel about the classes? Did the environment force you to speak Mandarin or could you easily fall back to English? How were the classes organized? How many studentes were there in one class?

I am curious, since I am considering of joining them this Spring 2011.

Thanks in advance!

• 11 months later...

you posted in a pretty old thread. however, edelweis created an excellent thread. if you are considering going abroad for a few months, i suggest you spend a few minutes reading the couple of pages on "so how was your first day of classes?". quite a few from different universities explain (and complain) about arriving, setting up, getting into classes, difficulty of classes, teacher quality, books used, costs, pros and cons... all that good stuff :)

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/34883-so-how-was-your-first-day-of-classes/

• 9 years later...