Chinese-Forums

Forums Software Upgrade

roddy

I've shifted all the 'converted' fields into the main section also.

Thanks! Was able to tidy my profile up a bit.

hm ok thanks Roddy.

The yellow status box is still here and still does nothing. FYI I also see a yellow status line on other people's profiles, including "tester". Yours says: "roddy Delighted to see Mr Swanson's first blog entry. "

The blue one appears to work though.

I guess I'll just ignore the yellow box as you say.

hi edelweis,

i just clicked on your profile and only saw the blue status. i'm using a mac computer with safari. what kind of computer, operating system and internet browser are you using? i'm wondering if that might be related to the problem.

Dean: I think it's probably not related to the client, as I see that yellow status both on Linux+Firefox and WinXP+IE. And I see it not only in my own profile, but also in other people's profiles. Yours says "Dean A. Swanson is putting off mopping the floors. " Perhaps it's a relic of the status prior to forum software update or something.

Yours says "Dean A. Swanson is putting off mopping the floors. "

Gosh, I know I'm slow when it comes to doing chores . . . but I finished a couple of days ago. Although, it looks like they'll need to be mopped again soon. :D

Weirdness. Have you tried creating a test profile to see if it continues happening?

I figured it was like the Facebook setup where the yellow area shows the current status and the blue area is for entering a new one. That is, they serve two different functions. So the yellow area will stay the same until you put something else into the blue area, then it'll change and stay the same until you do that again. Does that look like what's going on?

Which means that those of you with blogs to post to already should be able to publish directly, without waiting for me to approve your post. If I remembered to change that setting, it was some hours ago now.

This is not the case for me. Or do I have less right?

You shouldn't. I can see the post - is there a red publish buttom when you edit it (on the right hand side, rather than at the bottom - not a very sensible placement). I'll have a look at your permissions meanwhile.

there is a publish box with a "Publish immediately (change)" link and a "Save Draft" button. some date/time options appear when I click on the link but there is no way to just publish it. The "Save Draft" button remains.

Hmmm, could be because you're an editor on that blog, but I'm the owner. Will try and take a look tomorrow, but it's time for bed now. And you should go to sleep too, it's late. Will publish it for you, can't keep people waiting any longer.

By the way, we have a working quote button now, is that intentional? I share the annoyance with overly long quoted posts, so I don't mind it one bit that we didn't have a quote button on here.

Have killed it - the reply button will no longer automatically quote the relevant post. Too many posts like this pointlessly repeating what has just been said literally centimeters away. Apologies to anyone who found it useful, but it wasn't being used properly and there's a million things I'd rather do than police it.

I've left the reply button in place next to every post to perhaps reduce scrolling time though.

• 3 weeks later...