Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

Thanks Ramek and Awais..

Your right we have to wait but this wait really killing...

i have checked Ximen university website and 2 others universities(forgot their names)they have announced their CSC scholarship result.

• Like 1

I'm really excited from long-waiting time story as same as other guys here.

Now, it's my turn to answer topic questions, because I got all answers already.

++++++++++++++++++++++

1) What is your native country? Thailand

2) Where did you apply? Send directly to each universities who announced CSC 2011

3) When did you apply? Jan

4) When was the deadline? Depend on each universities (Feb - Mar)

5) Have you applied for the Scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? MA. and 1 year Chinese language course before attend class on 2012

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai Jiaotong university 2. Sichuan university 3. SCUT

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? universities no.

10) Where did you get your physical done? a public hospital in Bangkok

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I sent photocopies only (not notarized T-T)

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I just received JW201 and admission notice by EMS

14) How were you notified? By EMS documents

15) When were you accepted/rejected? yesterday ! (Jun 4)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Shanghai Jiaotong university

++++++

Believe in yourself, we will pass this important time together.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi, ramek, Dr.Haseeb Sattar

Thank you so much for your best wishes ^^ I'm so happy now.

it's very surprising good news because they didn't send any email about their progress before.

Don't too worry. Wish you all get CSC scholarship too!

@ Marietta

Thank you. I thinks you just only waits their document which will sent via EMS.

if you find an EMS envelope which has "Liu Xiang"(The brand ambassador of EMS in China) arrive at your home, that's it!

Does anyone know if CSC will mail/EMS to your permanent address or current address?

(For me, my permanent address is United States. I put as my current address the one in China, but I will be moving to another city in China soon)

good morning!!

congrs to those who have been awarded scholarship. And I have guessed that positive result is rooling on this forum.

I applied at kunming university, university has accepted my application and have sent my documents to CSC office for review again.

Can anyone tell me please that csc will accept my application. What percents chances are there to be accepted by CSC??

waiting sucks! .. Congratulations to all the people who got selected .. wish you all the best for your life ahead :) .. do pray for others too :)) .. Im happy about good responses on the forums, so far, I've seen just one guy from our forum got rejected (for a mistake that was made by his country's education department I guess) ..

btw one question I'd like to ask : If one gets rejected, would he still be notified about that? or just be ignored?

@Haseeb : lol, same here mate .. same here..

oh and guys.. I've also heard from a friend in China, that CSC only offers Bachelors/Masters in Chinese, and if your Chinese skills are not as Good as they should be .. they're going to get you into some Chinese learning course before and then they allow you to get along with your Bachelors/Masters in Chinese language? is that it? I mean I surely don't want to spend a year or two learning Chinese and then continue with my Bachelors.. please clear my mind?

@ Awais according to CSC website those courses which are thought in English don't need any chines Language..i am pasting here 2 points which are mentioned in CSC website.

1. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are required to take the college preparatory courses for one to two years before pursuring major studies. And only by passing the examinations of the college preparatory courses, could they start their university studies.

2. Certain Chinese HEIs could conduct some postgraduate program and non-degree courses for general and senior scholars in English. Please check Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program or visit the Website of CSC for details.

@Haseeb:

but this clearly states that Undergraduates will have to learn Chinese before continuing their study?? .. and I've applied as an Undergraduate :(((((