Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

@Awais on Friday i called to china pak culture center..They confirmed me that embassy has received application from HEC,Ministry of education and By Post..and uptill now no news from CSC.

• Like 1

@Hasee : ahan, thanks man for confirmation .. I was already confused if my application made to Beijing from the Ministry of Education .. well thank you very much man for getting this confirmed :) .. I hope all of us get the Chance to visit and live in China :) ..

@ crisgee

I see, so didn't you do anything else other than studying Mandarin?

I mean didn't you study any major? were you just on a 2 year Chinese study? :) ..

Oh and pardon me, would you explain me what is the difference between Mandarin and Chinese? I've this word from many people going to China? ..

@Awais

I also worked for a bit, made lots of friends, traveled, partied. China has many languages and Mandarin is the most widely spoken. Usually people just call it "Chinese" in order to match the name of the country with the language, but they're talking about Mandarin basically. It's like i would probably say, you speak "Pakistani", but actually what i wanted to say is you speak Urdu. Anyway, let's not piss off Brian and keep this topic for the CSC scholarship.

can anyone (Who has already received the scholarship in the previous years) tell me which University am I probably to be enrolled in ..

I have just selected two universities in my preferences "Shangai Jiao Tong" and "Nanchang University" ..

at that time I didn't know if Undergraduates were not allowed to study in English medium ..

Now the Questions are

1 : Which University am I probably to be selected for the 2 years Language program? (as I did not chose any University for language program in my Preferences)

2 : after those 2 years of Chinese learning, will I have the option to change my major or University preferences?

or I'll have to study 2 years of Chinese first and then the major in the assigned University that I was assigned at the time of being accepted for the scholarship?

@Awais...Be happy yar..On CSC website i read that those universities which offering Undergraduate degree in english the applicant dont need to study Chines language..

● scholarships for undergraduate studies degree students are Chinese medium of instruction; some schools part of the graduate courses and refresher courses provide students taught in English. (For details, please visit http:// www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/ Search "to accept the Chinese Government Scholarship Students Higher Education description").

and the link is here..

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.csc.edu.cn/%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DZk7%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com.pk&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/16552265c7d14cd4a916aa3534c9200c.shtml&usg=ALkJrhjEIKHHOFcO9rEHb9j_uJCYNv4X0g

Basically this link is in chines but Google translated it..

Cheer up. B) B) ;) ;)

• Like 1

If you didn't apply through your embassy such as in your home country, it's very hard to be selected by directly applying to the school except for PHD or if you're from the US. Some school if you don't have any Chinese certificate such as Tongji and other big named universities, they will not take any one with no Chinese skill, that is my experience after 8 years in China.

• Like 1

Dr. Haseeb :

you're getting it wrong buddy, what it actually means is .. that they teach Chinese in Chinese language, but if anyone wants can study Chinese in English language.. Getting it? :(