Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@daeiram 89

Hi dear any information when zju is going to upload the list of awardess or will they email scholarship winners individually? if u have any information plz share it with me. This waiting period is nerve wrecking

@NOK Did Mr. Chen tell you that the results would be out sometime this week or was it someone else? I am asking only because I sent an inquiry to him this morning as well and the response I got is that "once the results reach me, I will announce it on our website immediately."

He also added: "Just be patient." Well, that's one thing what I was trying to learn while I lived in China...patience is a must there while dealing with bureaucratic stuff, so I guess I will have to remember that. I wouldn't mind that but dealing with visas and etc takes time, so if they announce the results in late July or so, it would be really difficult.

Good luck!

Would anybody know if there's still a chance for those who has chosen a university that's not applicable to the csc scholarship?cause for my first choice I chose Harbin institute of Technology and for my second heilongjiang university. My third choice is BLCU.

From my experience the status doesn't change if you do or do not get the scholarship. My documents show approval for the scholarship on May 15th, 2013 and my status never changed from "is currently checking".

@Shikeqi Mr Gong told me that it would be released this mid week. However I dont believe him because I rang the CSC council here in Beijing to confirm if I have been given the scholarship because Im going away and wont be able to get in touch for a while. They were able to tell me I had got the scholarship and furthermore that they havent sent the documents to Mr Gong and he wont be receiving them for another 2 weeks. So basically early to mid July is when you will know for sure.

However if you're really impatient and need to know now for some reason and are able to ring China, this is the man from the EU stream of CSC candidates. He can tell you if you got it or not. This is the number: 00861066093977. However, hes not very forthcoming haha. Theres also a woman who's more helpful:00861066093925

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

@NOK

Are these numbers only for EU candidates or can any CSC applicant give them a ring?

I went to my school's office today and they told me they didn't even start checking applications till late May and the deadline was in March. The lady in the office said they started this process so late because they were still collecting applications from different universities and embassies. She did assure me that since I applied directly to the school my application is almost certain to be given the scholarship. She broke my heart by telling me the results will be out in early July now, but I don't mind so much anymore.

i am applicant to hunan university . please ,any one have got information from hunan university ?

However i applied to two universities hunan and harbin institute of technology please provide me any details if you got thing

@NOK thanks for the info and all the numbers that you have provided. I think I will just wait because even if they say something over the phone I don't think I would take it for granted, so I'd better wait for an official list of people...

@imrannotts

i didn't heard anything from ZJU yet, but i was expecting it by the end of June as the soonest, if no news then i shall wait til'15th of July. I think they will email directly the scholarship winners then list will be posted after at their website. I agree with you the waiting is very nerve wracking:)

@NOK

You are correct, he is not very forthcoming. He told me they do not comment on individual applications! When I rang the other number the same guy answered and said "didn't you just call?"....*cringe*. So I think you got lucky!

Good luck all

Come on people, just stop calling or emailing them for now.

We just have to be patient until they announce the results. EU folks will most likely get their results before July, and the rest of us will have to wait until July. Imagine how many people are calling these institutions to ask for the same thing (especially it being thousands who have applied). So you can imagine how frustrated the staff might be at this point.

• Like 1

Aslam o alikum

Hopefully everyone is fine and counting days for hearing good news about results.......

Is there anyone who applied at Zhejiang University and Shanghai University? I got confirmation email from both universities even today my supervisor from Zhejiang University take my interview on skype.