Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

One thing I do not like about this process is that since I applied through the embassy I have to wait longer! However the whole application process for Chinese universities is very late. If you do not get accepted it is too late to apply somewhere else leaving the person to waste at minimum a half of a year before they could reapply in china or elsewhere. In addition giving me a little more than a month to purchase a ticket and move halfway across the world seems irresponsible on their behalf.

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply?  In China

3) When did you apply? Mid March

4) When was the deadline? End of March

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? MA in Psychology

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. HUST 2. Nanjing Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes I did

9) What agency number did you use? 10028

10) Where did you get your physical done? Quantine Office in China

11) Did you get your documents notarized? NO

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? YES!! It was posted online

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, one from Huazhong University of Science and Technology

14) How were you notified?  Online

15) When were you accepted/rejected? June 23th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? HUST, Master's program

• Like 1

@Dr david, Unfortunately, it's not easy to change your school once you've applied.  Here's what former mod Brian US said:

You are normally not allowed to change universities, but it is possible. By possible I mean nearly impossible. A fellow Canadian classmate was only allowed to switch schools after getting a recommendation from 大山 himself. If you don't know who 大山 is, then look at it this way...have your country's ambassador talk to the head of the CSC on your behalf.

If you'd like more info, I'd recommend searching the forums as a few people have had the question before.  All the best to you!

• Like 1

Update:

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Early February 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 2 years.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tianjin University 2. Liaoning University 3. Dalian University of Foreign Languages

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No (but I applied to the schools separately after I submitted my CSC application)

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in DC 

10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized at my bank.  

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?  I did not receive the scholarship as I was not nominated by my embassy!  :-/

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? I was accepted to Tianjin University in March.

14) How were you notified? I called my embassy for an update and also confirmed the results by email.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? rejected mid June 2014

16) What school and program were you accepted to? N/A

The following may be useful to US applicants who have applied through the DC embassy:

I called the embassy to check on the status of my application and was informed that Mr. Liu had departed (as mentioned previously on this thread).  I was redirected to Ms. Bu who informed me that all nomination/award letters had been mailed in May and that I did not receive the scholarship for this year.  I followed up by email and confirmed the same information.

If you are the same type of applicant (US/Embassy), you can verify your status by calling 202-243-1165.  Best wishes to the rest of you!

• Like 1

bobur_92, I think that for your bachelor application you should put your agency number as your country's chinese embassy code (Bilateral Scholarship), not the HUST agency code, because from the website info, HUST may be merely authorized by CSC to process only Master and Doctorate applicants by itself under University Postgraduate Program (Non-Bilateral Scholarship) in my opinion.....Anyway, good luck to you, please update your status in this thread whenever you get feedback from china.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to recieve the visa packets? I put that I could pick up the packet but I had to leave China before I could so I emailed that they should send it to me but did not recieve a confirmation of email recieved? Also I already have a working visa, how hard is it to change visas from working visa to a student visa?

@Haoyu

Thanks for the update. I probably would've waited anxiously until end of July to know what was going on. I gave the number a call and they did mention that award letters had been mailed out in May. Really wish they would've emailed/mailed rejection letters as well.

I was told that my name was on the waiting list and if anyone turns down their scholarship, I might possibly be awarded then. She said it can happen as late as end of July. I have my fingers crossed. Good luck to the rest of you all!

DM

@Tianlongprc, Thank you!  I'm definitely thinking of re-applying next year.

@David Ma, Interesting to hear.  It sounds like you still have a small chance.  I inquired if there was any possibility that I could still get it and was told "no", but that I could reapply next year.  Hope everything works out for you!

@Haoyu

@David Ma

I talked to the embassy ... they also said that I am on the waiting list ... not sure what to do now ... I think if I don't receive the scholarship, maybe I will just do private lessons instead ...

• New Members

@haoyu,

Thank you for information,I tried to find out about this topic on other thread but couldn't find any one who want to change school. If anyone who has done this before can you explain me the procedure to do so.or does anyone know with whom I can detail about the procedure to change school.