Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Isaac L

Okay, I'm glad we're in the same position then. I was a bit worried because I emailed Jiangyi Liu (the one who sent out the award letter to me, and I assume everyone else) and got an auto response saying his tenure in DC has ended.  :shock:

Greetings @Pavidevi, @HSK1, and @Dipen;

It seems we're all in similar circumstances.  Like @Pavidevi and @HSK1, I applied directly to Zhejiang, was nominated by a professor and accepted, and recommended for a Chinese Government Scholarship. I'm awaiting confirmation that I have received the scholarship, and hopeful Zhejiang might post a list of awardees anytime...but I don't really know where to look for it. I've searched the ZJU website for links but think @nptaidht did the best job scouting out posted notices when he came up with these:

- List of Chinese Government Scholarship Awardees 2011/2012: http://iczu.zju.edu....6726646000.html

- Announcement of Awardees List of Chinese Government Scholarship 2012/2013, Zhejiang University:http://iczu.zju.edu....76189014783.xls

- Announcement of Awardees List of Chinese Government Scholarship 2013/2014, Zhejiang University

http://www.study-in-...4443911882.htm�

It seems the notices are posted on different sites in different years. Maybe I'll write Li Tang and ask him where the notice will be posted. @nptaidht, are you definitely going to Xiamen University or are you still considering Zhejiang? Congratulations which ever it is, and good luck to everyone else.

@shroq: well, it's lucky that I already got confirmation from BUAA about scholarship some days ago. They posted on website that candidate in formal list will take CSC admission documents from BUAA office from 16/6 and I'm in formal list :D. Since I cant go to their office so I'm waiting for them to send by mailing. Will see you in China this September ;) Let's keep in touch!

• Like 1

@HSK1 @wpskinner @Dipen

I have sent all the documents except TOEFL/GRE score. Regarding that i asked Mr.Ll from admissions office that i had English Medium Education from my childhood.Then he said ok no need so i didnt send. Is it a disadvantage? Can anyone clarify this doubt

@pavidevi  I think you have applied for doctoral degree n most of the subjects for Phd level is english medium.It depends upon the subject and requirement is Ielts for english medium subject.If you had TOEFL or Ielts score it is a plus point for you.It is generally for the students whose native language is not English.Anyway,If your other documents are strong enough anbd they ask for Ielts score you can reply them that you will submit it later...Thanks for the response...if i get any info i will inform you soon.

Best of luck

Any NEWS from Shandong University.....Waiting for final approval from CSC as already i am recommended to CSC by university....

Those students who accepted by university and recommended to CSC how many Chances for getting scholarship......???

Reply plxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1) What is your native country? United Kingdom 

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in London (applied through my university who forwarded the documents)

3) When did you apply? End of March 

4) When was the deadline? 26th March 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 1 year

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Xiamen University 

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No (I applied after I was notified by the embassy that I had the scholarship)

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in London  

10) Where did you get your physical done? University GP

11) Did you get your documents notarized? My university stamped my grades, My GP stamped and singed all of my health documents.

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified? Email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Late April (I think I found out so early because I applied through my university)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Xiamen University for 1 year language program. 

• Like 1

@Katty, @Shai

I guess we're in the same boat. I got my pre-admission letter from BLCU and my documents are probably at the CSC. It's so frustrating that BLCU won't really answear my emails properly. They write like a one sentence in response to my hundred questions, all I get is "please wait for the letter from the CSC".

Btw, have you already thought about the accommodation there? I've heard that the free scholarship dorm is a bit shady, with roaches and stuff. :<

@Jagna

Yes i guess we are on the same boat...just wait wait wait and hopefully it will be over soon hahaaaa

Jagna, where are you from? Have you also applied via EU window in Bruxelles? I have also heard about the accomodation at BLCU for scholarship students as being a little bit poor but I will think about it when I will know the results :D

Hi @Jagna

How did you apply? 

It is quite frustrating they would not answer any questions, especially when other unis have already started posting results on their website... but I guess that's just policy, nothing we can do about it. CSC has until mid July to let us know, earlier than that would just be a bonus. If you do hear anything, be sure to keep us posted! :)

As for dorms, well I must say I havn't really thought about it yet. Where did you get your info from? Generally speaking I think it would be a waste to move out of the dorms as you will not be able to recieve that accommodation fee. However, I assume it would be possible to upgrade to a higher standard with extra cash of course.

DARNNNnnnnnnnnnnn

Were sorry to say that after the final evaluation by CSC, you cant be granted the scholarship to study at Shandong university. The main reason is that you have applied for other universities and been accepted by another university in advance.

Anyway, thanks for your application.

With regards,