Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

1) What is your native country? France

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Paris, France

3) When did you apply? End of March

4) When was the deadline? Beginning of April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 1 year

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.BLCU 2. Beijing Normal University 3. SISU in Shanghai

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes I did

9) What agency number did you use? French Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, by the Ministere des Affaires Etrangères in Paris.  

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I have received an email yesterday, and it is YES !

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? I had 2 pre admissions letters

14) How were you notified?  by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? June, the 23rd

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Chinese training program
  • Like 2

@Katty

Award letter and pre-admission notice were two different things, at least in my case. The award letter came from the embassy in early April, it said I was awarded the scholarship and I should obtain a pre-admission letter from my university of choice. Afterwards I wrote to BLCU and got a pre-admission letter saying they "intend to accept [my name and passport number] as a student of Chinese Language program". So the first one is from the embassy and is about the scholarship in general (nothing about the university) and the other one is from the uni and is about accepting you as their student (nothing about the scholarship).

Thank you for the explication!! Actually, I did not have an award letter since my embassy is in Belgium (it is common for all European citizens) - EU WINDOW!! I know the CSC have sent my application to BLCU because they've already received my application but told me I need to wait for the final decision - I only sent a pre-admission letter with my application...hope it will be fine :)

@Katty

Well, not for *all* European citizens, we were handled by our embassy. But yeah, I know what you mean. The award letter is just something for you to know you were accepted, no need to attach it to the application, don't worry. As long as your documents were forwarded to the CSC it's fine.

When I wanted to apply to my first choice university they told me they would need to receive my award letter from the embassy. I asked them if the award letter is for them and they said "no. CSC will need the original document of the award letter. If you can get an award letter from your embassy or consulate, we will then forward your application to CSC. Alternatively, you can tell your embassy to forward the award letter directly to CSC".

It is the third time that I am replying. I don't know why my replies have not been posted!!

Because you are a new user and so all your posts go in to a moderation queue and need to be approved by a moderator before they appear.  This is done to prevent Spam.

You should see a note mentioning this every time you make a post.

• Like 1

@ geometry:

Jiangyi Liu. It says best way to send it to them is via fax.

Heres the infot hey put down in the email:

Jiangyi Liu (Mr.)
First Secretary
Education Office
Chinese Embassy
3505 International Place, NW
Washington DC 20008
Tel: 202-243-1164
Fax: 202-243-1167

@vanessa2

Congratulations! I am still waiting on my embassy to contact me :(

I will now bombard you with some questions since I am trying to find out as much as possible about how this works...

Did you recieve an award letter before?

Did the embassy mail you or blcu?  What exactly did it say?

@ Guys,

I bring forth good news.

With Special thanks to God Almighty, it is my pleasure to announce to you that I have been awarded the Chinese government scholarship to study at University of JInan, Shandong Province starting this september 2014.

I got the final approval from CSC this monday 23/06/2014. 

I will be seeing many of you guys in China.

One Quick question for the seniors:

When we apply for VISA, are we given 3 months visa that will be converted to resident permit later on in China? or we will be given a 30 day visa?

Also, do we need Police report/clearance certificate to apply for VISA?

Thanks

Mazi

1) What is your native country? Serbia

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia

3) When did you apply? End of March

4) When was the deadline? Beginning of April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Undergraduate program with one year Chinese preparatory

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.Nankai University  2. Tianjin foreign studies  University 3. Beijing international studies University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes I did

9) What agency number did you use? Serbian Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home

11) Did you get your documents notarized? yes

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I am accepted one year at BLCU, and then i will do my BA degree at Nankai Uni

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes

14) How were you notified?  mail, telephone

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 29th June

16) What school and program were you accepted to? BLCU one year learning Chinese, and BA degree at Nankai University

Edited by Kat

Congrats Mazi! You will need to change your visa to a residence permit within 30 days from the day you enter. Most schools will help guide you through this. I'm not sure what you mean by a police report...

I guess @mazi means if it is necessary to get a certificate/report that says that he/she has a clear criminal record, in other words, that he or she hasn't committed any crime. Well, to my knowledge, it is not necessary, you can apply for a visa without such report.

Oh that, I don't know. It probably depends on your country's embassy or consulate. I know that normally they expect everyone to have a clear record (this is mentioned somewhere in the scholarship and university handbook). But in my country, they never seem to check, unless I'm unaware of it. But nobody I know has ever had to produce such a certificate with their application.

As for the residence permit (which is what you will apply for in China), you won't need such a certificate.

Don't forget to prepare LOTS of passport-sized photos!