Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@scooby and everyone else who applied via embassy with award letter and pre-admission letter:

As more people who applied via universities are starting to get results, anxiety levels are arriving at new extremes amongst those of us who applied via embassies. I will try to break down what I have learned from this forum and from discussions with people at the same situation. 

@scooby - that is exactly correct and what the most of us who are still waiting have probably been told. The universities have very little to do with applicants coming through embassies and so applicant - university communication seems to end upon recieving the pre-admission letter. Make no mistake about it: they want you IN, since they are after all a profitable organization, but if you applied through a different agency - be it embassy or what not, final answer should come through that agency and that includes actual registration documents for whichever uni you were accepted to. As for ETA, I have been hearing mid to late July, though note that some applicants may recieve theire notice before others, as there appears to be some regional disribution system. Just like some uni's have posted results before others - such is the case when it comes to embassies. Mid July does sound legit, as this leaves sufficient time to get registration, visa and whatever else in check. I advise all of you however, to get in touch with your embassies on July 1st. I did this about 2 weeks ago and got a very brief "don't worry, wait for my instructions" response, but it can't hurt to ask again. If you don't knock on the door no one is going to open it :) 

Another issue to keep in mind is that although the embassy award letter practically guarantees the scholarship (especially if you also sent a pre admission letter from the uni), it does not by any means guarantee your first choice. It is very well possible that for whatever reason CSC decide to pick your second choice or even one of their own and that's that. This however, is not very common and after going over old threads I can say this is close to non existent. But it happens. Just another point to why the uni will not tell you if you got in or not.

To conclude, most of who applied via embassy with reward letter and pre-admisson letter have yet to recieve results. This is chiefly due to CSC not rolling out results and NOT due to scholarship denial. ETA is mid to late July and quite possibly before that. I advise you all to go ahead and mail your embassy and remind them you exist. Please come back here and post whatever new info you have.

Good luck to all! 

• Like 3

@Mnadil,, congrats. Anyway I applied too in ZJU, but no get email like u got. Then I've just emailed Mr. Tang Li that the result has been not published yet. Could you please forward the email to me. Please check your mail box. Thank you,

1) What is your native country? Malaysia

2) Where did you apply? Directly mail to HUST HuaZhong University of Science and Technology

3) When did you apply?  31st March 2014

4) When was the deadline? March 31st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? Energy Engineering student

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. HUST, 2. Zhejiang University, 3. Jiangsu University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? HUST Agency number

10) Where did you get your physical done? didnt do it, in the required docs listed by HUST never mention about sending physical exam form for their admission consideration, so I didnt do exam. Perhaps the physical shall be done after admission confirmation and before having visa at embassy, dont you guys think so?

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by commissioner for oath in malaysia.

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? HUST published first batch of formal list on 26 June 2014, and it is YES !

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? no

14) How were you notified?  by HUST ISO website

15) When were you accepted/rejected? nominated by HUST ISO on May 15, approval by CSC was confirmed from HUST ISO on June 26

16) What school and program were you accepted to? CEICARE Renewable Energy Double Master Engineering

• Like 1

Shai - Thank you for explaining all that. I also want to add the following to Chinese embassy applicants: some universities who have given you a pre-admissions notice prior to your application may REJECT your application through CSC if you didn't put them as your first choice university.

For example, if you were given a pre-admissions notice from e.g. Fudan (this is just an example!) and you didn't get a pre-admissions notice from Tongji. But when you filled in your application, you decided to put Tongji as your first choice and Fudan as your second, thinking that you will use the pre-admissions notice as a safety net.

Well, universities reserve the right to refuse you later. I don't know why some universities take into account your first-choice, in other countries applicant rejections are considered when they are ranking the universities. I don't know if they use the same system here. But it's also known that it is unlikely for people to cancel their scholarship if the one they got was their first choice university.

In addition, I know that my country officially announces the scholarship winners on late July. This has been the case every single year. But most embassies will already have the results late June and early July (not late July). The announcement follows a certain protocol, that the place you applied to is the place who will deliver the news to you...so the names published on the websites are highly unlikely those who have applied through embassies.

Just some more patience is required. After next week, most of us will start hearing from the embassies. Let us brace ourselves!

• Like 3

Good input shuoshuo. I can only assume most people obtained a pre admission letter from their first choice university (this only makes sense). As for myself, I did get letters from 2 unis but ended up submitting just 1 (first choice) to the embassy, according to their instructions. I guess that once CSC get more than 1 pre admission letter with a given application, things might turn up a bit on the random side. To be honest at this point I would take either one :3

• Like 2

Hello everyone! ! ! My name is Bobur. from Uzbekistan. I'm new here, so I would like to ask the Chinese government scholarship. I applied for Chinese Government Scholarship undergraduate degree in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Now I have the admission notice , that is to say, Acceptance Letter given me by University  ...But i am worrying, Can u give some advise ? I can get scholarship or not ..

@wpskinner  @mnadil   Firstly my Hearty Congratulations for both of u for getting the mail from CSC confirming your scholarship.

Have u both applied through embassy or directly to the university? I got a doubt Bec i have applied directly to the CSC  and i didnt get any confirmation mail from them . Presently i am working in an MNC company as a Software Engineer and i have to plan my things in the company priorly according to the scholarship. What are the chances for me to get the scholarship? I ll continue my job happily if i didnt get the scholarship or ll go to china if i get the scholarship. :wink: 

1) What is your native country? Uzbekistan

2) Where did you apply?  ( HUST ) Huazhong University of Science and Technology

3) When did you apply?  14th March 2014

4) When was the deadline? March 31st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese Language Program + 4 Years Bachelor in International Trade

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? only HUST

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand?  Yes, as a chinese language student I only applied directly to the school

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese embassy in Uzbekistan

10) Where did you get your physical done? ENTRY-EXIT INSPECTION AND QUARANTINE THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

CERTIFICATE OF VERIFICATION ( FOR PHYSICAL EXAMINATION RECORD FOR FOREIGNER OR OVERSEAS CHINESE )

11) Did you get your documents notarized? THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA Wuhan star notary office

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, from HUST, Huazhong University of Science and Technology

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? the university accepted me

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Huazhong University of Science and Technology China Studies Bachelor Degree in Chinese

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Canada 

2) Where did you apply? Consulate-General of P.R.China in Vancouver 

3) When did you apply? Mid February

4) When was the deadline? Feb 28th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelor program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai Jiaotong 2. Nankai 3. Dalian University of foreign languages

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 1242

10) Where did you get your physical done? N/A

11) Did you get your documents notarized? No

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? N/A

14) How were you notified? email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Mid May

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Don't know yet :(

Nervous! Still haven't heard anything since my acceptance email.

• Like 1

bobur——92,what exactly were you applying? Master or Bachelor? Please clarify your intention as stated in your contradictory reply in #6 and #16?

If it is Bachelor you should send your HUST acceptance letter along with all other document again to Chinese embassy in your country in order to apply for CSC Chinese Government Scholarship under Bilateral Scheme, provided that your government has bilateral educational treaty with Chinese Government. Getting HUST acceptance letter alone does not grant you CSC Bilateral Scholarship for Bachelor Study.

If it is Master Study and you did send your application document to HUST, did you get your nominated status published on HUST ISO at May 15th 2014 which falls in the category of CSC CGS under Non-Bilateral Scheme? If you did get nominated as shown in that list, you may need to wait until July 20th to check your status on HUST ISO website. Otherwise you may get wrong application steps from the very beginning. Check this out: http://iso.hust.edu.cn/index.php/ScholarShips/ChineseGovernmentScholarshipBilateralPrograms

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese Language Program + 4 Years Masters in International Trade

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Huazhong University of Science and Technology China Studies Bachelor Degree in Chinese