Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Shai

Thank you Shai.

No award before, only a pre admission letter from the BLCU.

And I received a mail from the french Embassy, where it is written that after a strict selection they are happy to tell me that I am a laureat of the scholarship, and that i already can go and pick up all the documents at the Embassy...

Good luck, good luck for everyone.

@Katty. No, I gave my application at the Embassy, but I did it also on line. The application, paper form, was at the EMbassy. And t he Embassy sent me an email.

Thanks a lot for your congrats....

And good luck !!!

Guys does this mean I have got the scholarship?

'Hey Katarina,
Hope this  mail finds you well!
I have got your mail from my colleague, actually with the pre-admission letter(the invitation letter) i have sent to you and Head office of Confucius Institutes, should be no problem, but we havent got the final official letter from them. i can ask for you if you need urgently.

And i will be flying to Serbia on Aug 7, i will bring you the original documents, just in case you need them for your visa applying.

If there is anything you need from China, please do let me know.
Best wishes!
Julie'

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? Direct to Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing by courier

3) When did you apply? End of March

4) When was the deadline? March 31, 2014

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master's Program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. CUFE, Beijing 2. SISU, Shanghai

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No, I didn't.

9) What agency number did you use? University's Agency Number.

10) Where did you get your physical done? One of Recognized Private Hospitals.

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, by the university where I graduated.

Finally, it's all worth the wait:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.

14) How were you notified?  By e-mail from the International Department

15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 29, 2014. CSC documents arrived on June 27, 2014.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? International Finance

• Like 1

I am trying not to freak out. I applied through the embassy and received notice from the embassy that I was awarded the csc scholarship. I then applied to Peking university and was awarded the pre-admission letter. I just checked the Peking university website and they announced the csc scholarship awardees and I was not on the list. When I applied I requested one year of language study. Because I am not on that list does that mean I am not accepted? Or because I have applied through the embassy it will come later? I never received an email saying I was not accepted. I think I am going to be sick.i would welcome any advice.

• Like 1

yep i received the confirmation email from ZJU few hours ago :)

Dear all,

We are pleased to inform you that, after being approved by China Scholarship Council, you have been granted a full Chinese Government Scholarship to study at Zhejiang University as a doctoral/master’s degree student in Fall 2014.  And the registration date for 2014 Fall of ZJU is September 15 -16, 2014.
      Now we are going to sent you the admission documents,  please provide us your detail mailing address and phone as enclosed file required by 1 July. If you are  in Hangzhou right now, you are also welcome to visit us and pick up the documents.
     Thanks and looking forward to seeing you at ZJU in september!

Calm down, Chinese Government Scholarship by Beijing University and by Chinese Embassy are not the same one, don't need to freak out..

Each university have its on enrollment process, but in the end you can just receive one scholarship. If you didn't applied Chinese Gov. Scholarship directly from university don't need to worry.

I suggest you all read the first post of this topic, the Embassy will just announce results on late July, they wont send you email. Who already knows the results is because applied directly from university, not from Embassy.

@lin you le thank you for your understanding and kind advice. I have a lot riding on this so it is easy for me to freak out. This process is not very clear and I do not like the just wait and see game. However I understand that I must be patient. I am just afraid I was over confident.

I'm already living in China and I really dont want to go back to my country (I study History of Ancient Chinese Medicine), my father don't want to give my money because he don't want I study this major, and I need to wait until late July to know to which university I go to study or if I need to keep paying everything by my own. I think most of you think too much about it, I don't know your current situation, but I believe is not that bad..

@Tianlongprc

For what it's worth, there are a bunch of us here, who applied via embassy (with award letter and pre-admission letter) and are still waiting on the results. I myself know of a couple other people outside of this forum who are in the very same position. So for now it seems most people getting results are the ones who applied via university and the rare embassy applicants here and there, who applied via specific embassies which have been, for some unknown reason, prioritized in getting results early.

Though my chinese teacher told me nothing guarantees anything when it comes to China and Chinese officials making decisions, I think the award letter is a safe bet, since it is your country quota that is being used and not a Chinese one, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I guess the Chinese way of doing procedures may be confusing and perhaps I am too reckless in believing that everything is going to be alright, but when I got the pre-admission letter from the uni in early April, they said that I should just wait for the answer from CSC. So, more you wait, longer it takes, the Chinese government works in mysterious ways, etc.

• Like 1