Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

I also got the scholarship. :)  An employee of local embassy just now called me and said that I got the scholarship and I was accepted to the Chinese university.

I'm not mentioned in that "EU Window" Scholarship (First Group) list. So I should be in another program.

Tomorrow I will go to the embassy to check which university I was accepted and also to get the details.

amb62

Will you need to study one or two extra years of Chinese language before begin study your master degree? If so, where they send you to study? I have a friend who applied through embassy and was accepted by Fudan, but first need go to Nanjing Daxue to study one year of Chinese..

shinigami

To study Chinese History your Chinese level (reading) need to be better than common Chinese people. 汉语水平考试6级 is far not enough, because that test content is to daily life, not specific at all. I get 汉语水平考试6级, but when I read 高中 teaching materials of Chinese history I almost don't understand anything, often need to see Chinese dictionary..

1) What is your native country? Latvia

2) Where did you apply? Call for Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship

(EU Window)

3) When did you apply?  March 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 30 st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Jes. I was studying one year of Chinese language in Beijing University of Chemical Technology

6) What program did you apply for? Master of science in civil engineeringin, in  english

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. WUHAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY. 2. Liaoning University of Technology. 3. NORTHWESTERN PLOY-TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No. This is my first time

9) What agency number did you use? Agency No 00006

10) Where did you get your physical done? Public Hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my Diploma translated in English and notarized. 

Result (Updating):

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified? EU Window list

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July2014

16) What school and program were you accepted to? WUHAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Master of science in civil engineeringin, in  english ,3 years.

Someone going to Wuhan? lets be friends, contact me here or e mail sarma.karkle@gmail.com  :)

@lily60 and anyone else who may know

I also got the EU Window scholarship and I e-mailed today Mr. Chen Gong but he still hasn't replied back to me. Did he reply back to you the same day? Should I wait for him to reply? Moreover, please guys if you have a list with everyone's exact specialties and universities that he/she got admitted, share it with us !! I would really appreciate that! :D:help

I want to book my air tickets as soon as possible and I need to know in which city is the university I got admitted! Thanks in advance for your help and reply!! :D

@ Song Hu

I also have the list. I would share it with pleasure, but I have no idea how through the forum... If you want to know, send me an e-mail with your name and I'll copy-paste all the info there is. My e-mail address is agathakarczewska@gmail.com. I've sent a message to Mr Chen earlier today and he replied almost instantly, must have been my lucky day :D

• Like 2

OMG guys :D it changed to "application currently checking"!! I know it doesn't matter but I applied through the embassy and I thought my application never made it to the csc, everyone kept talking about theirs always on checking and mine just stayed on "submitted" until this morning? So that's something new, I know it doesn't guarantee a scholarship but I feel on par with others now

@Lin You Le

No I don't because i already have a bachelor degree in Chinese and English Languages which i had in my country, So I'm going straight to Fudan this semester, Have you ever been to China or studied Chinese language ?

Congratulations ladyferoz, I know this feeling. Last year my status changed quite late, but when it did I was so relieved. This year I was more tranquil because it changed quickly. I am really looking forward to meeting you in Beijing soon. So 加油!

amb62

I already living in China, but I applied for one extra year of Chinese because I still need to have time to improve my 普通話 and learn 文言文, I hope they give me it, otherwise will be impossible to begin my researches in September..

Did you applied just for Fudan? Have you meet some Fudan`s professor beforehand?

Sorry, I don't understand, will your masters be in Chinese or English? .-.

@Lin You Le

I Hope you get it so we can meet in there, I applied for Fudan as my first choice then Zhejiang University and the third is Zhejiang Normal University, but i got accepted in the first choice, no i haven't met or know anyone from Fudan before, I attached two recommendation letters one from a professor from Liaochang University In Shandong and another one from a professor from Huazhong Shifan Daxue in Wuhan. my masters degree will be in Chinese .

1) What is your native country? Philippines

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in the Philippines (but you will need to submit your application to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED); they are the ones who screen the applicants and announces the scholarship call; they also interviewed the all of us who applied)

3) When did you apply?  April 11

4) When was the deadline? April 11

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, it was my first time

6) What program did you apply for? One-year Chinese language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Dalian University of Technology 2. Harbin Institute of Technology. 3. Xi'an Jiaotong University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No.

9) What agency number did you use? 6081 (Embassy of P.R. China in the Philippines)

10) Where did you get your physical done? in my university's small hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? in my university also 

Results: 

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? OH YES!! THANK YOU, LORD!!  :) 

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified? By a cellphone call today, July 15, 2014

15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 30, 2014 (as written on my admission notice)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Dalian University of Technology!! 

Thank you, Lord. I was on my way to school, riding a bus when they called. It is a full scholarship!! 

Actually, I was a little bit shocked because I am expecting the results next week or even in August but it arrived earlier! I love you, Lord!

Who's going to DUT? :D