Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@kcb A friend of mine had an exchange with BeiDa about altering the commencement date and was told that he had to contact the CSC. He did so by email and was then instructed to discuss that with the dispatching authority who then approved. Nothing else re: formal approval. We've also had trouble contacting the Education Office in Canberra as of late...the number doesn't seem to connect anymore. From last year's thread and from people I know who have been previous recipients, results come out around mid-July so I hope we'll be told very soon. Where are you from in Australia?

@David Ma

I got the same email.  For me, I'm not sure what it means.  I was on the waitlist before -- she said I was the first name on the list.  But this email sounds more like it's meant for someone who was already notified before about the scholarship, so it's a bit weird.  I sent her an email asking to confirm whether I got the scholarship.  Guess I'll find out Monday

@David Ma

I got the same email.  For me, I'm not sure what it means.  I was on the waitlist before -- she said I was the first name on the list.  But this email sounds more like it's meant for someone who was already notified before about the scholarship, so it's a bit weird.  I sent her an email asking to confirm whether I got the scholarship.  Guess I'll find out Monday

Hello,

I have been accepted into Capital University of Economics and Business and the CSC has awarded me a scholarship for a year there. However, I have also been accepted into FUDAN university but somehow, I have been told that I am not able to use the scholarship there. Needless to say I would prefer to go to FUDAN on a scholarship, what is a possible remedy for me in this situation?

thanks for you help in advance

@JackTheCrow

Yes, it is going to be a second list because as you saw it says inside a parenthesis "First Group". However, since this year's places are 160 and 158 are alredy filled by the first group, the second group most possibly will contain only 2 names.!! So, he still can be admitted!

Anyway, I wish good luck and all the best to your friend and CONGRATULATIONS to you and the rest of us that got accepted! :D

@ladyferoz

Yesterday the embassy called me and told me that i got accepted into Fudan University and the documents are on the way, however my status in Laihua is currently checking, so i guess it'll never change so quit checking in your status and contact your dispatching authorities ASAP. Wish everyone good luck !

Dear Friends, Please help me!

Is there anyone who has received the admission package (hard copies) of csc scholarship from Huazhong university of science and technology (HUST)?

International student office has mentioned that CSC winners can see the DHL Tracking Number through http://202.114.18.216:8080/scholarship/index.php/check  but the DHL tracking number has not entered in my profile.

Can you check your account via the mentioned link and let me know that could you see the DHL Tracking Number in your profile?

Your help is appreciated so much!

@ Salmonslap

I was accepted last year as well and result were published on 10 july 2013. Unfortunately because of some problems I could't go last year. Now all sorted so very excited to go. Hopefully, the message from Wuhan university regarding my acceptance is true.

Hello,

I see my name on the list, but I have not yet received any kind of e-mail or letter confirming this. Does that mean I have been accepted 100% or should I wait for some kind of information (I understand that I cannot apply for a visa without an acceptance letter, right?)? Please let me know what the next step is :)

jobm, of course you have restrictions! You can`t 随便 enter and exit China. Shuoshuo`s situation and yours is not the same either, at that time he was already in China so was easier to his mother come to visit him, but if you don't have any relation here is not that easier. You first need to choose which kind of visa more suitable for you, but take care if you have a student visa e want to have a work, I had some classmates who was deported because of it (it`s illegal in China). I also know a Brazilian girl (from my country) who was sent to the jail in China because of it, she had a student visa and work as a model in Guangzhou and Beijing. Many people said don't have any problem, but you need to take care of it, Chinese police are getting better and better~

amb62

When you applied for Fudan, have you submitted a pre-admission letter or something like this? When I ask them for it, they said since last year they can`t provide a pre-admission letter without apply as a common student (need to have interviews etc)..

I applied through embassy to master degree in Fudan~

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? Directly to the university

3) When did you apply? April 6th

4) When was the deadline? Late April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese lang. + 3 years Master Degree of Psychology

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tianjin Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Tianjin Normal University

10) Where did you get your physical done? One of the hospitals in Tianjin

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes  

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 22nd

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tianjin Normal University for 1 year language program and 3 year master program

@jobm under the current laws started in mid summer of 2013, a person that has a x type visa can not work outside the school(the only allowed jobs are a on campus school appointed job). It is strictly a student visa not a work visa. If you are caught you will forfeit the scholarship and be kicked out of china. However you can do an internship off campus if the school agrees to petition the local public security bureau on your behalf.

Moreover, work visa is not that easy to obtain, it`s why many people apply for a student visa. 

Usually you can get a work visa if you have some exceptional skills (e.g translator of 小语, research something very specific that usually don't have in China/is not that developed in China).