Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Being American and still not having not received the package from the embassy is so nerve wracking!

I got a pre admission letter from a school that wasn't one of my original 3 choices (I changed my mind over time)...do you guys think this will affect my placement? D:

Haha, Geometry @ 'being American'...just the way you said it.  :mrgreen:

Yes, it might affect your placement unless the university who gave you the pre-admissions letter later decided to reject you, to give you a better shot at getting one of the 3 universities you chose. If the letter was from a top university or one with a large number of applicants, there is a chance they will reject you.

@ pavidevi

I am sorry but I didn't understand what you meant about booking the slot!! :-?  What slot do you mean? :P  Moreover, when you say about the online application form, do you mean the visa application form available in the website of your country's Chinese Embassy? In any case, they will ask you to fill a visa application form with your personal details, reason for applying for a visa etc.

About the number of entries, I, personally, chose 1 entry since I will study in China for more than 6 months and I will convert my visa into a residence permit once I enter China. With the residence permit you can enter China as many times as you like, so no need to pay more money to get a multiple entries visa. However, be careful: you get a residence permit ONLY if you study for more than 6 months!!

Tomorrow I will also go to my country's Chinese Embassy to apply for a visa, so I will let you know what happened. :)  Shuoshuo, since you have been to China, can you please tell us more information about the matter? Thanks! :)

@ Shuoshuo

Sorry I don't know anyone who did that but in most countries they allow such thing to scholarship recipients. Moreover, it is stated that if someone cannot register in the uni at the time it is stated in the Admission Notice, he/she has to contact the uni. Lastly, in the Chinese Government Scholarship Handbook that they sent me in my documents package along with the rest of my admission documents, it is stated that if someone wants to pause his/her studies for maximum 1 year, he/she can apply to the uni, then return to his/her country and return back to continue his/her studies and the scholarship will start again. So, I guess the postpone may apply for China as well, but I may be completely wrong. :-?

@ geometry:

Did the embassy contact you? If they did I don't think you should worry. They contacted me last week to ask about my address, after I confirmed they sent it out. My parents just said they received the package and will send it over with a friend that is coming to Harbin this week but I probably wont see him until next week.

Song Hu - I am also uncertain. There was a case here on the forum last year of someone who asked to postpone for a few months to complete a course back home and he ended up having to re-apply this year.  When I was in China, it was acceptable to miss the first 2 weeks after the start of the semester as long as the school was notified (the first 2 weeks is the time when students can change or drop their elective courses). So it is acceptable to miss the registration date. That said, I don't see them 'pausing' the scholarship for a reason such as 'I got another scholarship'. But I guess there is no harm in him trying to ask them.

For the visa application, I also normally put 1 entry. But our visa guys here in my country issue long term students the same type of visa, they take it all very lightly they don't even bother checking the information.  So where visa is concerned, I'm probably not the right person to ask.

For some countries, the embassy will waiver the visa fee if you are a scholarship student.  So please make sure you ask them about this, in case it applies to your country.

• Like 1

@Song Hu   Ya i started filling the Visa Application Form. I will also choose Single entry for entering the china as u have mentioned. My query is that we cannot go directly to meet the chinese embassy personnels and we have to book the day before meeting them is it not so?

In the U.S. I must send it to a agency that actually went to the consulate for me. I could not mail or go to the consulate myself. I sent off my passport, 1 visa application form, the original letters from the University (admission letter and jw201 Form). I also sent my foreign medical exam even though they said only people applying through the embassy in Washington DC need to do that. I also paid the full amount that cost Americans 140usd. In total with mailing it and paying the agency and everything it cost about 260usd. I also rushed it because I am going to china early so it cost 30usd extra that is why it cost 260usd. I got my passport and visa back in 5 businesses day's. Only 8 days until I am in China.

Guys, I called my embassy and asked about my and my friend's name in bilateral scholarship list. The list is already in my embassy and we received positive news! I still don't know if I received full or partial scholarship but it doesn't matter. Thank you Shuoshuo for advice and I hope you'll receive your positive answer soon. Good luck!

I wish you a safe journey Tianlongprc, take care of yourself there, and have fun! :)

Shinigami - I do sometimes wonder if someone's study plan carries a lot of weight in their application. Your study plan should be an essay, and it would help if it's as personal as possible to get the reader to consider your strengths, ambition, and perhaps even your hardships or struggles (not your weaknesses though!). A friend and I applied together, he wrote a "winning" study plan; I read it and I thought 'wow' that made my plan look like a 5 year old's bedtime story. Somehow he didn't get the scholarship.

Hey guys, I need help...

I have just gotten my admittance package, but the letter is very unclear. I've applied for a year-long Chinese course prior to my studies, but the letter says I've been accepted for a year-long MA course... in English :/ I really, really wanted those Chinese classes and that's mainly what I applied for.

What can I do? I'm in the middle of writing e-mails to my uni and to Mr Chen Gong, but is there anything else I can do about that?

Hi All;

Received an envelope by mail from the CSC with a JW201 form for a student visa. No further information or instructions were included in the package. Can anybody tell me what I'm supposed to do with this?  Do I apply for a student visa before leaving, or can I obtain one on arrival in China? I'll be studying at Zhejiang University for two years. Any info you can share is much appreciated.

• New Members

Hello, grettings from Colombia,

1) What is your native country? Colombia
2) Where did you apply? A government institution called ICETEX
3) When did you apply? March 12th
4) When was the deadline? March 27th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Master in Interntational Business 
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? UIBE. CUEB
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No 
9) What agency number did you use? 
10) Where did you get your physical done? Doctor’s office at home
11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized at the Minister of Foreing affair

Updating....
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I’m still waiting to hear from the CSC!!!!!!!!
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? I received an approval  for my documents from UIBE but in my online application says you have to get an ACEPTANCE, I asked them about the addmision result and this was they answer me: "Hello. Our university has prepared the admission documents and sent to CSC, but the final scholarship result will be decided by CSC. Since you applied the

scholarship through your embassy, you need to get the final answer from CSC or your embassy. Regards"

14) How were you notified? (e.g. by e-mail, mail, etc.) Nothing yet  :(
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Nothing yet
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Noooothing yet.

The ICETEX (is the goverment instituition in charge of this procces in colombia) has a online application and I still "Preselected",  I dont now what to think, they havent told by anyway Im rejected but also ACCEPTANCE, so I know is a little late but I still have hope.   Regards.