Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Sayuri - You should ask your university when's the earliest time they will accommodate new students.  Some universities will accommodate you 2-3 weeks before registration or classes.  Others will only allow you to come one week before class.  So it is important to know when you're allowed to move into the dorm.  You will not be able to choose your room.  Masters students 'usually' get their own room.  Bachelor students have to share but it's usually just 2 people in one room. Some smaller universities that don't have a lot of foreign students will give some Bachelor students their own room if they ask for it.

• Like 1

@MVB Oh my, once I saw your reply, I just went to my post and what did I find .. my admission package!! Thank you so much!

@Song Hu It includes the Admission Notice which you need to apply for your visa and take to your university to register. It also contains the JW201 form and a Guide for CGS recipients. I expected some additional documents, but I didn't get anything besides these and a friend of mine admitted to Zhejiang Uni. got the same, so I assume that's what we're going to recieve.

P.W. Apparently, the JW201 is the form for CGS recipients, while JW202 is for everybody else. I have both at the moment and the only difference I see is that on JW201 it includes my CGS number

• Like 2

@MvB That just made my day! <3

@Nadia Seems to be the same for everyone.

@everyone The living allowance hasn't increased as some people were expecting. It's still the same : 1,400 for Undergrad; 1,700 for Masters; 2,000 for PhD.

@ BanZhiYun

Thank you very much for the information!! :D  Hopefully, I will get my package too tomorrow and I will let you know if anything else is included.

@ justforget

Why are you so disappointed? :shock:  What happened? Did you receive any news that you got rejected for the scholarship? Please share more info with us and we may can help you! :)

@ rashid 1587

Thanx for rply...

I called the consular office nd it is came to know that there is no need to attest the degree...bt i dont wana take any risk nd ill try to attest my degree from foreign affairs so police certificate and physical examination.

Have u got the scholarship.., ???

Shixun - Yes, some on the bi-lateral scholarship seemed to already have their result. I think most will receive the documents in the next week or so. I haven't received my documents yet.

@ Song Hu

Thanks I will try and remember that :) No I applied for MA in Translation studies since I already have my BA.

@ TyO

Her email is: buhuanfang@sino-education.org

I'll also include telephone number too just in case: 202-243-1165

卜焕芳 is her name in 汉字

@zaino,

Yes i noted this thing, the embassy people do not see attestation but you can go for attestation for your final degree, medical certificate and character certificate, for avoiding any kind of inconvenience.

Yes I got scholarship.

@ Song Hu Actually I sent my application directly to 6 University with some hope to study in China...But I did not get any confirmation email from any Universities till today... I used to think China has some good culture and Chinese are friendly and I applied as one of my Chinese friend suggest to apply in China but recently, I am only getting trouble and tension from this idea...Because spending more than 4 month for csc result is very long time and not getting that scholarship disappointed me a lot...

Hi everyone, i just received my documents from CSC, and it is written there that i have to registrat at University from 15.09.2014 till 18.09.2014, doesn't master studies usually start at 1 of September?Got me confused.? 

I received an email from my embassy today telling me that they will send the documents to my MOE in 1 and a half weeks from today.  So that is around the last day of July.  So for those of you still waiting for the results of your bi-lateral scholarship application, don't despair.  Perhaps some embassies have to sort a few things out before they hand the documents to the MOE.

I'm a little heartbroken today because there is a high chance I will have to decline the scholarship (again) due to certain personal issues.  I wish all of you the best of luck in getting the scholarship and if I do go to China, I'll be more than happy to help anyone with their application process next year to ensure that they are taking the necessary steps to give them the best shot they have in obtaining the scholarship.

Justforget - If you do not get the scholarship for this year, please try again next year.  There are so many scholarships available in China (the CSC, CI, and all the municipal and provincial scholarships as well as scholarships for prospective students, etc.). Remember that the application for scholarship is separate from the application to the university course that you want.