Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Hi all, this forum has been so helpful and has been calming my nerves regarding the scholarship results. The waiting is just nerve racking.. I also applied through the Chinese embassy in the country and they are yet to receive any documents from CSC and the staff are so unhelpful.

So my embassy still have no documents for me... but I was loosing patience so I emailed the uni, here is what they wrote:

We checked your information, and found that we have already prepared the admission letter and visa application letter for you and gave the documents to CSC headquarter. Normally, those documents will be transferred to the Chinese embassy in your country , and then to you.

But please notice that, it does not mean you will get the scholarship definitely. The CSC headquarter reserves the right for the final list.

Despite that last line, would it be safe to assume that if the uni sent the documents to CSC it means I made it and should only wait for docs to arrive?

Shai - Have you tried contacting your embassy? Perhaps they will be able to provide you with a more definitive answer.  I believe the universities are given a list of the winners (and surely they already have it by now).  You were probably talking to the wrong person.

Hello everyone!! :D 

Congratulations to all of you who have received the news about your acceptance and for those who are still waiting I wish you good luck and all the best!!! :D

About the EU Window Scholarship recipients: for those of you who still don't know in which university you got admitted, the list of universities for the first group of accepted applicants is now available at the website of the Mission of P.R. China to EU. Please click the link below :

http://www.chinamission.be/chn/zogx/jyjl/zgzfjxjxm/t1175101.htm

Moreover, I asked Mr. Chen Gong via e-mail about when we are going to receive our document packages from Brussels and he replied to me that they should most possibly arrive today or tomorrow!! :D  So take a look at your mailbox these days!!

@Song Hu, that's great news! And don't worry too much about BLCU, it's pretty good at chinese related majors + the atmosphere there is great! It could possibly be the most shanghainese atmosphere you could get in Beijing!

@ BanZhiYun

Thank you very much for your cordial post!! :D :D  Yes, as I have already said in my posts above, now I am very happy that I will finally go to BLCU and maybe it was the best choice for me from the very beginning but couldn't see it !!! It was just the initial shock that blurred my mind because I thought I would go to Shanghai but now I an even happier that I will go to Beijing! :D

Wish you too all the best in your studies in China and hopefully we will meet in person there!!! :lol:  In which university did you get accepted?

@ Song Hu, no problem, I can totally understand but I am sure you will love it in BLCU! (: And you're gonna have plenty of time to visit Shanghai as well! :D The breaks are quite long, if you would want to stay longer in Shanghai or go anywhere else!

Thanks for your wishes and I wish you the same! We are actually gonna be pretty close (in distance at least), cus the area around BLCU and Wudakou is pretty much where most of the unis are located. I would say it's even overcrowded! I am going to PKU this fall. Wish you a nice vacation and smooth preparation going to China! :)

@ Song Hu

I'm glad you're finally feeling happy about the new school. If it makes you feel better I've read nothing but bad things on SISU's Translation degree program, but then again this was for masters. Good luck! Keep us updated how your experience goes. :)

I just wanted to add something new for the US applicants:

It seems that Jiangyi Liu is no longer in charge of responding to candidates? Or maybe they just hired a new person for the next stage but I was just recently contacted by a Ms Huanfang Bu Second Secretary of the Education Section. She said that they're just waiting for the documents to arrive from China and will then forward them over to candidates. In my email I had another persons email so its safe to say they also got the scholarship too.

@ BanZhiYun

Thank you very much for everything and wish you the same!! :D  I would love to meet you in person in Beijing!!! :D

@ grawrt

Thank you very much for your information and post!! :D  Wish you all the best too!! Of course I will share my news with you and I hope you will do the same as well !!

I have also read the same forum about SISU and indeed things were not so good , so finally lucky me!! hahaha :P

In which university are you going? :lol:

@zaino,

I am from Pakistan, you can ask me anything you need of regarding your Foreign Office attestation and Visa requirements.

Yes Dear it is compulsory to get attested your degrees + Physical Examination Form + Police Character certificate from Foreign office for applying visa.

@ Song Hu

I still have no clue. No ones told me yet so its really just a mystery to me. I'm not even sure myself if I got the scholarship but then again I'm a pessimist :P

But I look forward to reading your posts too because I'm interested in pursuing a degree in translation studies even though my chinese isn't yet up to par. I'm starting to doubt myself that a year of extra language study wont be enough. How are you feeling about it?

@songhu Thank you too!! :D also, congratulations!!  :D and also to everyone who has received and yet to receive the scholarship  :)

@tomas tomas you're going to dalian too? GREAT!!! I hope we could meet (and maybe we could become classmates~)

@ grawrt

You shouldn't be pessimist!! If you are positive, then you attract good things in your life!! :D  Just a little bit more patience and I wholeheartedly wish you to receive good news about your acceptance!! :D

As for your preparation period, I feel you will be ok with one year and if you still feel weak in Chinese after a year, you can ask your university about whether they can help you to apply for one year extension of the preparatory courses. Have you also applied for a Bachelor's Degree in Translation? In which universities have you applied? :lol:

As for me, I feel great for receiving the CGS, since Translation was always my lifetime dream and finally I got the means to realize it!! :lol:

@ jobm

Thank you too very much!! :D  Good luck with your studies in China and enjoy your life there!! :lol:

@ MvB

Where are you from? :D  And what does the package include? Does it include detailed information about registration or about the amount of money provided by the scholarship? I am from Greece and I still haven't received anything. Most possibly tomorrow!! :lol:

I think in this life I am not going to get csc scholarship....I am totally lost... I wasted my time and money to study Chinese...I believe I will not going to spend my more time to study Chinese....

Seniors,

How do you think what is the best time to arrive China? My aim is not to do sightseeing before the semester, but to take a good room in dormitory in time. I ve heard due to the shortage of dormitory's room the Uni can accommodate masters in 4 person's bachelor rooms which is not a preferable variant for me.

So how early before the study should I come? 1 week? 10 days?