Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@ All, I read Nadia's post about the monthly stipend and decided to mail my University to find out if there would be any increases. I got this reply from them.

" The scholarship would be increased but I still don't know the exact amount"

Not to raise any of our hopes about increment but to sensitize us on the possibility of an increment.

Also, I asked if I can resume say early, (say first week of august), I got this reply Early August is a bit early because we are in vacation so not too many officers and students can help you arrange the room or pick up service. I would suggest you to come at the end of August. It's also limited by your visa. You need to notice that you should apply residence permission within 30 days after you enter China.  Like I said no officer can process that thing. Hope you understand."

This basically apply to many schools. You can mail your school to find out if you can come in Early.

About the welcome/pick up service, I got this from my university "Once you booked the ticket pls let us know. Also if you can kindly remind us before you come it will be appreciated."

@Shushuo, I have been looking forward to meet you in person and really need to have tea with you, so you have got  to accept the offer and come to CHINA.

@All, anyone coming to Shandong Province? I will be studying at UJN, Jinan, we could meet up someday and have tea while in CHINA.

@ Roddy, is it possible we could have a name list or some sort of data base for the present year CGS scholar's where we could all get to know ourselves or who is in the same province with us? #just thinking.

Peace!!!

Mazi

• Like 1

@ BanZhiYun

I received my documents package as well today and no additional documents, other than those that you mentioned, are included! So, this year we need to suffice with them! :P  I'll try to ask my uni for more info! :)

@ justforget

The fact that you haven't received any news yet doesn't mean that you got rejected!! The results will continue to be published until July 31st! Have you tried to contact the universities and ask them if you got accepted?

@ shuoshuo

You don't need to give up the scholarship!! :shock:  if you can't go to China by any means this year, just contact CSC and the uni you got accepted, explain your situation to them and how difficult it is for you and ask them to reserve your position for next year!! Everywhere in the world you can do that if for one year you can't leave your country for personal reasons and they just let you enroll next year!! :D  Please try everything before you decline it since such opportunities are very rare to just kick them away!! :D  I strongly believe that you will be able to be given a postpone of your scholarship!! :D

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what are the documents i have make it ready for the visa Application?What is the price for the visa? All the information pls provide me guys. i will be happy if someone give me the full details for visa application.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone from india are in this forum? If so please message me.

1) What is your native country? Serbia
2) Where did you apply? Beijing Institute of Technology
3) When did you apply? End of March 
4) When was the deadline? End of April
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Two years Master's program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Institute of Technology 2. University of Chinese Academy of Sciences 3. China University of Mining and Technology
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 10007 (Beijing Institute of Technology)
10) Where did you get your physical done? At local health care center
11) How did you get your documents notarized? At public notary 

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2014
14) How were you notified? I was e-mailed by the Beijing University of Technology
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted in mid July
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beijing Institute of Technology, Two years Master's program conducted in English (Control Science and Engineering)

@Shushuo, do you know how winners checked out their results? I don't actually know where can I check it... I check my mail, laihua account and universities sites everyday but there is nothing.. I'm just starting to get worried.. 

@ pavidevi

You will surely need both the original and a photocopy of the following :

1) Your valid ordinary passport (if you don't have one, first you need to get one and then apply for the visa)

2) Admission Letter / Notice from your university

3) The Visa Application Form (JW201)

4) Foreigner Physical Examination Form + the blood test reports you did in order for your doctor to fill this form

For any possible additional material and the cost of the visa, you can only call the Chinese Embassy of your country (or the country you live now) and ask them or visit their website. Unfortunately, every Chinese Embassy may ask different additional materials than the others and the cost may vary too.

Hope this helped you and good luck to your studies! :)

• Like 1

@Shixun,

It's quite possible that they haven't been announced yet. I know it's already freaking late, but you and others, including me, haven't received any results, just e-mails or replies that they will inform us until the end of July. So, as @shuoshuo wrote before, next week could be it.  :roll:

I am so happy, I thought I will receive 1400 per month since I am a Chinese language student but I was classified as a general scholar and will receive 1700 per month! :D

Only 5 of us who applied through the embassy got the scholarship. Woah.

Shixun - Did you apply through the embassy, MOE or directly to the university?

If you applied through the embassy or MOE, I don't think you should worry much just yet. It is normal for bi-lateral scholarship applicants to receive their results some time around late July. They do not publish bi-lateral scholarship winners on their website.

If you applied directly to the university, I believe the results are out.  If you were given a pre-admissions notice from a university, you can ask them if your name is on the CSC list. I'm sure they have it by now.

1) What is your native country? Australia 
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Canberra
3) When did you apply? 31st March 
4) When was the deadline? 31st March 
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Nope
6) What program did you apply for? One year language program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Beijing University, Tsinghua, BLCU
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Nope
9) What agency number did you use? Code for the embassy in canberra
10) Where did you get your physical done? Local doctor
11) How did you get your documents notarised? Didn't notarise my documents (handed in a hardcopy of my uni transcript and just a photocopy of my high school transcript)

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yep
14) How were you notified? I emailed the embassy 
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Received a reply this morning (19th July)
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Wasn't specified

UPDATE

Got an official call today (22/07) and went in to collect my documents. Caught a glimpse of the name list for Australian students so I assume others may have received the same call (either just in Canberra or Australian students in general, I'm not sure). Congratulations to those who received it! My friend and I were accepted to the same program (just a one year language program) at Peking University but he's starting in March next year. Good luck to those who have yet to hear from their relevant authorities!

Hi  :)

congratulations to all who got the scholarship  :)

I have just received my admission package and was wondering if anybody is going to BLCU? If so, let me know because I am in  :)

I was also about to buy my flight ticket but actually I do not when it is the best time to leave..In my admission package it is written from 8th September-31 July but I thought the second semester would finished around 15 July...

Thank you and see you in Beijing  :)

@scooby, so... let's wait patiently (gosh why is it so hard? @_@)

@shuoshuo, I applied through embassy so I'm wondering where and when exactly my response will be. It is already 19th so I hope the results will be out soon. If I won't find the results on website where can I expect it? And will I get the results even if the answer will be negative? 

Anyone here can help me? For those who already got the JW201 etc, it is said that we also need to submit "Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood test report". What does it mean with blood test report? Is that already included in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form?

Thanks a lot :)

@katty im also accepted by BLCU ...:) I ve heard from my friend that the best options is to take flexible ticket so u can change the date..because for example she has finished her exams in June, and went home on 30th June, and some of her friends, are still there, so there is no rule for that.. :) chinese people ..always been unpredictable :)