Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@JDF

Mine has said "currently checking" for months now. I have been told that this status may never change, even if you get accepted. BIT informed us they will inform students by the end of June if they have been accepted or not!

• Like 1

@shinigami , bu ke qi (you're welcome) i'm glad you can understand my bad translation :P

***Da jia hao! Happy 1000 posts! And congrats to everyone who already got the result***

i know the rest of us have questions about results and everything, but, remember that thing we used to do every year? the thing where we say our university, how we applied, and our red stamps? does anyone want to start this tradition together again with me right now? it's a nice way to know each other better, don't you think?

Students in the faraway future who apply to these universities can look back to this thread and understand we had the same application struggles they did. After all, aren't we here to be a resource and help them "demistify" the process of this scholarship? Also, it's a good way to speed up that waiting game that is trapping most of us. :D

here's my example:

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? Nanjing university, aka Nan-Da (and Washington DC embassy)
3) When did you apply? March 11 (and April 11)
4) When was the deadline? March 15 (and April 15)
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this is my first time
6) What program did you apply for? Masters of International relations at Nan-Da in Chinese with one year language training
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1) Nan-Da 2) Zhejiang University 3) Shandong University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes
9) What agency number did you use? 10284 for Nan-Da ( 8401 for US embassy)
10) Where did you get your physical done? Family clinic
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Couldn't notarize anything, no room on the transcript 
12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Couldn't find those.........so i used official Chinese clear stamps!

And for those who got results (maybe not most of us):

EDIT 7/31/2015 ***********************

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? i got accepted to the scholarship!
14) How were you notified? http://hwxy.nju.edu.cn/cn/View.aspx?m=home&t=sy-ggtz&ID=550
15) When were you accepted/rejected? 19 June
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing Daxue one year language, then three year international relation (Chinese)

good luck fellow China fans of the future! 祝大家好运~

• Like 1

• New Members

1) What is your native country? France
2) Where did you apply? Shanghai Normal University (and Chinese Ambassy in Paris)
3) When did you apply? March 29
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
6) What program did you apply for? Exchange program between my university and SHNU (I'm a master student)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? only SHNU
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes
9) What agency number did you use? I'm sorry I don't remember
10) Where did you get your physical done? doctors
11) How did you get your documents notarized? by a translator
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I received an award email from my University and SHNU but this was not confirmed by the Ambassy (they said we should wait until late June).
14) How were you notified? email
15) When were you accepted/rejected? 25th May
16) What school and program were you accepted to? SHNU Business and Finance

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? South Africa

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Ambassy in Durban
3) When did you apply? April 5th
4) When was the deadline? April 10th
6) What program did you apply for? Software Engineering
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Beihang University, Beijing Institute of Technology
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 7101

10) Where did you get your physical done? doctors
11) How did you get your documents notarised? Didn't need to
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Waiting for an answer from the embassy
14) How were you notified? n/a
15) When were you accepted/rejected? n/a
16) What school and program were you accepted to? n/a

• Like 1

@ai_feixing and JDF,

They do not provide air fares however, when graduating some universities give an outbound air ticket sponsored by CSC. I have seen this at a number of universities e.g Hohai university, USTB etc

• Like 1

@Aleksei

If every thing goes smooth and you get the scholarship, probably you'll arrive in Shanghai in the first or second week of September. 

The scholarship has not been confirmed yet, as they have sent our documents to CSC for their approval. Applicants who got nominated for Doctoral Programs Type A1(CSC) scholarship, if due to some reason, CSC do not award them scholarship, they'll be reccommended by the university for Shanghai Government Scholarship. 

Best of Luck!  :-)

• Like 1

@bientai

I wouldn't worry. If they needed it you would be contacted. I didn't send a physical either since it wasn't required for their special scholarship, but we both still got nominated. Don't worry about it.

@bientai 

Fudan didn't release results on their website until the first few days of July last year, so expect to wait awhile for the results to be posted. They might contact people before then, but who knows...

Other people can probably confirm that getting nominated by a school usually means you are going to get the scholarship though.

Does anyone know of any person who was accepted and nominated by a school that was then rejected by the CSC? 

@洋人丹

When you say, "nominated by the school" do you mean strictly for those who applied for CGS thru the Univ?

Or does that include those who apply thru embassy and have a pre-admission letter from the University for the program applied to?

My letter from ANU says specifically "We accept for CGS for language program" etc etc.

1) What is your native country? USA - Philadelphia region

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.
3) When did you apply? March 15th
4) When was the deadline? April 10th or 15th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, first attempt!!
6) What program did you apply for? 2 Year Chinese Language Program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Anshan Normal University, Dalian University of Foreign Languages, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? To ANU and ZUST, Yes and I got pre-admissions for both
9) What agency number did you use? 8011 I think?? The one for the Embassy in D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? My family doctor
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Yes.. all of them, even my letters of reference copies are notarized copies!
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? PENDING
14) How were you notified? PENDING
15) When were you accepted/rejected? PENDING #thestruggleisreal
16) What school and program were you accepted to? PENDING

• Like 1

@Donglian

Accepted to school and also nominated for the scholarship  by the school. I don't think people admitted and selected by schools generally get declined by the CSC in the final step. I'd imagine sending stuff to the CSC after getting selected by a school is more a formality than anything else.