Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Dear Lanicaa11,

I applied for Scholarship directly to SJTU, I filled in their online questionnaire and sent required originals of documents by post. From their part I don't see any bad news, I would say that I have never seen anything that could characterize as negative decision on my candidature on their web system. It is written everywhere such words: admitted, approval, agree with getting the Scholarship, Doctoral Programs type A1 and Type A1 CGC. But they want me to visit CGC web system for seeing results. I don't understand why they say positively if they don't have final CGC results... "?" I feel that I must write them about sending me originals of visa-documents, if I receive them, I will be able to say that everything is OK, because I wrote them in advance that I wouldn't study at this university unless I become a Scholarship awardee, I have no enough money to study on my own.  

Yours Sincerely

Dear JDF,

Did you send them Foreigner Physical Examination Form? I didn't,... for example. Maybe the Government Council doesn't want to approve Type A1 without this form? And they used to scrutinise applications which don't include Physical Form?

@JDF: Did you apply already for visa?

In my case, the school has replied already by e-mail and I did submit the admission letter to the ambassy (as they requiered me to do). Normally I am supposed to wait for the feeback of the ambassy of my country. Since then (end April), no news...is that normal?

@alexei

well apparently u have been accepted by jiaotong, but now they have sent ur papers to csc cause final answear has to give csc. they have to approve it, but im sure jiaotong will send u quickly visa papers

@stanis...

I haven't applied for Visa. I don't know which university you've applied for. The possible delay in your visa because some of the universities haven't announced CSC results yet, like Shanghai Jiaotong University. Might be possible your embassy is waiting for your scholarship result. Because studying on scholarship and studying on self finance basis has different visa requirements. Only admission notice is not sufficient to get visa, as you said you've only submitted admission notice to your embassy in April. Besides it depends if you've applied directly to universities in China or you've applied through your embassy. I think in coming two weeks things will be mature enough for you to get the visa

I applied for the CSC scholarship  through my Uni in London. I received  an email from the Chinese Education department a month ago saying i have got the scholarship and that i should contact my chosen Uni's in China and ask for an pre admission Notice i managed to get all three of my pre admission but only send one  pre admission back to the CSC authority, as i was advice to only send the one that i really wanna go to otherwise they would choose. now that all thats done does anyone know when we would actually receive the Documents from CSC authorities to bring to the visa office....? 

@Aleksei

My online application system is showing an additional option today "Pay Tuition Fee"

Other than this all is same, which is agree with getting the scholarship. Doctoral Program CSC A1.

How about your status? Are you also having any extra option like mine? I can't understand the purpose of this new option of paying the Tuition Fee.

Dear JDF,

Yes, I see the same option - Pay tuition fee, when I clicked on this line, I saw: Action组件D:\ISC-web\action\SJTU_ISC.Action.Student.Payment_TuitionFee.wsc未找到,请先注册组件或检查actions配置文件。(There system errors. Please Contact us.). We can see here that technical error has occurred in their system. I hope that this is just a technical error. Otherwise, we will be compelled to pay tuition fees or refuse to study in China (if we don't want to pay, or we can't afford it).  

I suggest to wait a little, because 22 days ago I saw in the column "Application status": "Overdue" instead of "Admitted", but after waiting 1 day more, my status had been returned to "Admitted" again...  

Aleksei

Hope for the best. Because I was also being told by the admission office that I am guaranteed with scholarship type A. But as you said earlier, we can't be sure unless we receive the official notice for our result. Either in the form of email, online status or admission documents.

At present the only option is to wait wait and wait :-)