Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Killa14 and others who will apply in the years to come, please note that it's very important and best that you keep 'hints' and 'reminders' or just make note of the actual password used in the application as soon as you register. From experience and as of present, the CSC website's membership tool seems to only allow registration and login/logout functions. The password/username recovery function appears unoperational.

As far as the status is concerned, I think it doesn't really matter: Mine still shows "The application form is currently checking", despite the fact that I got accepted already.

@killa14  I wouldn't be terribly desperate or eager to go back into  your account.. other than to look at your status, you don't need to go back in after submitting your form... and then it's already been found that the status doesn't matter too much.

Don't worry!!

My contact at ANU emailed me for my passport and a photo as she's getting my applications materials together to send my acceptance package :)

A few months ago I asked about that (since ZUST sent it, and both schools gave me pre-admissions letters). She had said ANU doesn't send acceptance packages until CSC confirms the student will be a CGS recipient.

Since she's getting my acceptance letter ready.. when I emailed back I asked if that means I have been confirmed by CSC to the Uni (even if I haven't gotten anything yet). 

I've never been so on top of my email in my life.. lololol

1) What is your native country? Perth, Western Australia
2) Where did you apply? The Confucius Institute of the University of Western Australia. I believe CI-UWA aggregated applications and forwarded them on to the Chinese Embassy in Canberra who were the dispatching authority/agent.
3) When did you apply? March 30 2015
4) When was the deadline? 30 April 2015
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Language Student
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1) Shanghai Jiaotong 2)  East China Normal 3) Fudan
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No - I had a to get a pre-admission letter after being awarded the scholarship though
9) What agency number did you use? 0363 - Embassy of P.R. China in Australia
10) Where did you get your physical done? No physical examination was done - I need to get one done for my Visa application i have been told though
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I only notarized my academic transcripts and this was done at Australia Post (Justice of
12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea what a Chinese red stamp is!

About results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
14) How were you notified? Via an email from the Secretary of the Embassy (Education Office)
15) When were you accepted/rejected? 30 April 2015
16) What school and program were you accepted to? School of International Education - Intensive Chinese Language Program(for exchange student) at Shanghai Jiaotong University.

Pre Admission Letter obtained (2 June 2015), Admitted/Enrolled (12 June 2015)

Dear friends, 

I have another question which makes me feel a little bit worried. While I was applying for the scholarship, I used my current passport number and right now my application documents are being checked by CSC. But very soon I will have to change my current passport so naturally my passport number will be changed. Do you think this is going to be problematic ? 

Hello guys,

firstly, one of universities for which I applied emailed me yesterday and said to me that the final result will be announced during the next week.

secondly, I face an inquiry. I will truly appreciate it if some one answer me! I have applied for PhD at wuhan university in March, thus there were just one institute in my application form. After that, I contacted with another professor at Shanghai Jiao tong university, then I applied for its PhD program and placed it at the first preference, and wuhan university as the second preference. As I prefer Shanghai jiao tong, and both the universities choose me as their scholarship candidate, I am worry if the Chinese Government does't verify my scholarship at Shanghai JiaoTong, and thus decline it. Would you please tell me that I should waiting for what to happen?

Thanks a lot,

Azam

1) What is your native country? Ukraine
2) Where did you apply? Sun Yat-Sen University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University (via China embassy)
3) When did you apply? March 28
4) When was the deadline? April 1
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? For Confucius Institute Scholarship, not CGS
6) What program did you apply for? Masters of Marketing, with 1 year preparatory Chinese courses
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  Sun Yat-Sen University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? no
9) What agency number did you use? 8041 (Embassy of PRC in Ukraine)
10) Where did you get your physical done? Public hospital
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notarized the translation of transcript and notice of studying
12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Don't even know what are they used for

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? For now, only ZJU told me I wasn't accepted beacuse they don't accept masters students this year
14) How were you notified? n/a
15) When were you accepted/rejected? n/a
16) What school and program were you accepted to? n/a

• Like 1

@ katecheng

Hi dear,

They said to me that the final results will be announced during this week (or maybe at the beginning of the next week if we want to be more conservative!).

I directly applied to the university for PhD program.  

@M.KemalYildirim

I don't think so, I would email your dispatching authority (school or embassy) ASAP that it will be changed and they can advise on what to do. Most likely they will want you to get your new passport right away, don't wait. You really shouldn't be in china when your passport expires or whatever. It's only 2 months away. When you get the new number, email it or a scanned copy of new passport to the dispatching authority.. but as I said, I wouldn't wait to do this if it's "soon" like you said but it's a bit hard without extra details or a timetable.

Edit: I say this because as far as I know, the embassy/school is what helps you with your visa and that's really the reason why it's needed... but to be safe you can email CSC as well, they're pretty good about getting back about questions. In general most things can be solved with an open line of communication. Don't worry! :)

This is what has been sent below the email of the graduate school of SJTU! But, they still don't respond my email asking them about the final verified result. 

The formal admission letter and other documents (visa, accommodation, etc.) will be mailed out after June 20th.

You can check the scholarship result after you login at the online application system. http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/index.html

For visa questions, please contact cgkvisa@sjtu.edu.cn

For accommodation questions, please contact issc_minhang@sjtu.edu.cn