Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@洋人丹

Good stuff! I was nominated by embassy per the letter they sent me so that's good!

I have a friend that is betting me money that I WILL get it lolol. He's very sure that what you said, is indeed the case. Hopefully you both are right :)

The waiting game is killing me. My anxiety is thru the roof.  I'll still go to China with out CGS, but I can't afford to go for 2 years on my own dime.. maybe only 1.. and I'm not sure I can get as fluent as I'd like in only 1  year. My Chinese is 'meh' right now.

To EU applicants

I just noticed this:

2. Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).

3.Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.

Should we have asked for an award letter before sending the application?  :shock: 

@shinigami

1. Is the "Admission Letter" from a Chinese University necessary? (taken from http://www.chinamission.be/eng/zglx/t1234686.htm )

You are encouraged to contact Chinese universities for admission in advance. If you get one, please enclose it in your application package which may increase your chances of being admitted, and you are most likely to be assigned to that University by CSC. There is no problem if you don't have one; actually, every year, most applicants apply without it.

I was confused about that part aswell...

Also..."once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate)."...so if people in Brussels(they are dispatching authory for EU applicants?) forwarded our application, does that mean the "added" an award letter?... i am a little confusedabout that part...

@kosame @shinigami

The pre-admission letter, as mentionned on the EU window website, ia not necessary, it can help you to be assigned for the specific university but it is not necessary, they mentionned that most of the applicants apply without such a letter so do not worry :)

@kosame @shinigami

The pre-admission letter, as mentionned on the EU window website, ia not necessary, it can help you to be assigned for the specific university but it is not necessary, they mentionned that most of the applicants apply without such a letter so do not worry :)

The award letter usually comea from the dispatching authorities such as embassy for us who applied to EU window in Belgium, it is not really important I guess because we did not apply to our embassy...but directly to Belgium :) last year I obtained the scholarship without any award letter just the pre-admission letter which helped me to get to my target university :)

I am an EU Window applicant for a master degree in China Studies. My preferred universities are (1) Nanjing University, (2) Shanghai University, and (3) Zhejiang University.

As of now, my Laihua status is still the infamous 'Application form has been already submitted'. Is this a cause for concern? Are there any other people in the same boat? Thanks.

• New Members

Hi all.My name is Raphael and im from Greece.

I applied for a Chinese Goverment Eu Scolarship.

I choosed Tongji university first for business administration.

Waiting for the results now! 

Fudan didn't release results on their website until the first few days of July last year, so expect to wait awhile for the results to be posted. They might contact people before then, but who knows...

Other people can probably confirm that getting nominated by a school usually means you are going to get the scholarship though.

Does anyone know of any person who was accepted and nominated by a school that was then rejected by the CSC? 

@洋人丹: I hope you are right! I couldnt be happier if this is true. However, i am still thinking - isnt there different types of scholarships, i.e full, part, etc? If so, then we will not know what kind of scholarship we will get untill the end anyway...

1) What is your native country? Pakistan
2) Where did you apply? Beihang University
3) When did you apply? March 30th
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this is my first time
6) What program did you apply for? PhD Management Sciences
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Beihang University, Tsinghua University, Peking University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I sent an email vice dean international school, he sent me link of CSC
9) What agency number did you use? university's agency number, I don't remember
10) Where did you get your physical done? from a local government hospital
11) How did you get your documents notarized? government legal notary
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I received an email from my Beihang that I was selected and I should reply to confirm that I will surely join in September. I replied and then they went quiet .....like.......forever..???
14) How were you notified? a list of successful candidates was put on the website on 7th May which included me.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? accepted 27th April
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beihang

Now since the 7th May there has been no contact, no intimation, no reply to emails and I'm not sure whether CSC will reject or approve but I just know that university has included me in the list that was send to CSC for final approval. I'm kind of frustrated because they don't give any clue and you're unable to make any plans. I'm just preparing all the documents that might be required for visa so that if they wake up in August and send me the letter and form then, then at least I would have everything ready at my end.

• Like 2

• New Members

Sup guys,

So anyone going to 兰大? ;D

I was studied earlier at 兰大 and as I heard they mostly don't accept students from Europe and more willingly accept from Pakistan, central Asia and Vietnam. I only got there because as I mentioned before I was studying there and got high scores at their Chinese language learning course. Also for this scholarship applied two my friends from Latvia and they were rejected. Speaking short, 兰大 its not that friendly for those who apply through EU window program.  

1) What is your native country? Latvia
2) Where did you apply? applied directly to Lanzhou University (兰大)
3) When did you apply? March 9
4) When was the deadline? March 25 or 20
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yep, applied before for Chinese language 1 year learning course ( also at 兰大)
6) What program did you apply for? Masters of Business administration at 兰大 in Chinese with one year language training
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1) Lanzhou University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes
9) What agency number did you use? I don't remember, but agency number was for 兰大
10) Where did you get your physical done? Just normal doctor at local clinic
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Didn't have to do that 
12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I don't even have a clue what is Chinese red stamp lol

About results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted only for master degree
14) How were you notified? via email and later put in admision list at university homepage
15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 26
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 兰大 - Business administration 工商管理

• Like 2

@Maxime

The same for me, still submitted but It seems that the status on laihua is really not important at all! :)which program did you apply for? Master or language course? Good luck  :)

Katty: Thanks for your reassuring answer and good luck to you as well! I have been lurking these forums for quite a while now and noticed many users mentioning that their status didn't change, however, I was assuming the status was on 'processing' already, and didn't change into 'decision made' or something similar.

To briefly introduce myself, I am a Belgian applicant to the EU Window, I aim for a master degree in China Studies. My three preferred programs are all instructed in English, but I plan on learning Mandarin as an extracurricular activity. I have no background in region studies, or the humanities for that matter, since I hold a master degree in computer science. I consider this lack of background, as well as my current age (26), to be setbacks. Prior international experience, including a six-week volunteer internship in Harbin, and a demonstrated interest in China (language classes) should be my strengths. Let's see how everything unfolds...

To give back to this community, I plan on writing an elaborate version of my experiences with this application once my results are in.

Hi everyone!

I have a problem... Unfortunatelly, I forgot the password of my "laihua" account, and I ask for another password.

However, there's no any mail that they send me with another new,

I can't see my status...

Does anyone know how to do to get another password? I'm desperate. :c

@bientai

I'm pretty sure (I could be wrong) that special scholarships only offer one kind of scholarship. I just checked Fudan's site and it only lists one kind under their special scholarship, so it should be a full one.

i'm sorry if this has already been discussed...

but when I go to China with my PFEP, do I attach any of my medical tests?? Or is just the form okay?

Also, do I have to send anything before getting there??

Thanks in advance!

@Dongfeng

Fiiling the physical examination form also has been a little problematic for me as well. But I have managed to do so. Btw except for the mail I got from the university, I haven't gotten anything else yet. Do you think everything is allright ?

@yuufune,

Welcome to the chinese forum! 欢迎你到中国论坛~

So you applied for the year of language study then the masters at 兰大, but they accepted you just for masters, right? Did you ever test HSK?

I applied for a year of language and masters of international relations at Nanjing university (南大), but i wonder if me passing HSK 5 will affect me being included in the year of language study? 南大 hasn't uploaded their results yet.

Again welcome! tell us about 兰大 when you get there because it doesn't seem very well known compared to other unis. :)