Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

加油 to those still waiting, and those who have not been accepted. I hope you can apply next year!

@Cantabile ZheDa told me that (unfortunately for me), they have indeed reserved rooms for the CSC students. I am applying for a stipend to live off campus and was told that they reserve a certain number of rooms, but often run out. If they run out, they will lodge the surplus students in (1) the 留学生宿舍 (at 川大, this was pretty much the nicer dorm aimed at short term students), (2) in a Chinese student dorm (this is only if you're doing a BA or an undergrad degree - graduate students will not be placed here) or (3) give you a stipend to live off campus. Honestly though, I have no idea if you can trust this. I feel like I've heard different stories from numerous people at the school whenever I contact them about anything.

@daren: I would contact the school and the CSC immediately. Before I had actually sent in the application, I had similar issues. The school would not recognize me as a student wishing to study in Chinese because I was a foreign student. Just talk to them! On the other hand, you might see this as a great opportunity to maximize your Chinese!

@Lance:Not sure what the MBBS is, but I did the same thing as the embassy students except I mailed my stuff directly to one school. I contacted them in advance to insure that I was sending it to the right address. I included the school application and the CSC application (so exact same as embassy applicants) and the school accepted me, then forwarded the application to the CSC. This is a good method if you only have one school on your list as the school might accept you but CSC reject you, which would then allow you to apply for the school's scholarships, provincial scholarships and city scholarships. I think Xiamen had a rather huge assortment of potential scholarships, for example, while ZheDa had a few. On the other hand, if you're applying for a high ranked school and are skeptical about your chances of gaining admissions, I'm not sure that you can send your app to more than one school.

Thanks but I haven't got the process clearly.please provide me with a detailed step by step if you don't mind and how to apply for provincial scholarship.MBBS is medicine and is this method possible for undergraduate

@Alex_Hart:  Thanks so much my friend for your response and help.

- I did send the university an email last week but still no answer from them. I think maybe they have mistaken and thought I understand the chinese language very well because of my family name which is chinese loll. That's why maybe they enroll me to study my major in chinese language.

- Also when I tried to contact CSC by email, I have an autoreply saying that they don't accept any more application etc...

Sorry to bother you again Alex but can you please let me know what did you do after you encounter the same issues I am having now ?

As you said, maybe it will be a great opportunity for me so as to maximize my Chinese but I don't know if one year will be enough for me to assimilate the language completely. Thanks again a lot.

Darren

@Alex Hart

Yes I am leaving the states Sept 7th and arriving Sept 8th around 6pm in Hangzhou. I talked to Angelina and she said the dorms are open 24/7 so I should be able to get a room. I definitely am going to email the school with my itinerary so they know when I am arriving. My schedule says classes don't start until the 19th THANK GOD so I will have plenty of time to adjust to my new home. I plan on going all in with really living the culture and language. I am SO excited!!!!!!! 

BTW since I am arriving into Hangzhou I figured I'd just take a cab over to the school from the airport. I don't think they'd pick me up...??

• Like 1

@daren2503: Sure! Add me on wechat: hahrvee

Also it says that registration is between August 31st-September 2nd on my admission paper. Maybe it's different for 1 year Chinese course?

@grawrt: I will try to contact again. Hope I can get a reply soon.

Gonna go to the consulate in a few days to get my visa. Do you guys have any experience on this like does it take too long to get it?

Hooray!!!! I finally did it!   :)))

1) What is your native country? Ukraine
2) Where did you apply? MoE Ukraine
3) When did you apply? March 20
4) When was the deadline? March 31
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for?  Master in IR (English taught)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. SISU 2. UIBE 3. CCNU

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yeap, but I have not a pre-adm.letter
9) What agency number did you use?  embassy number of the PRC in Ukraine
10) Where did you get your physical done? local hospital
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't need to since everything was already in English
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? YES :)))))))))))))
13) How were you notified? email from MoE
14) When were you accepted/rejected? Got the email on August 2nd, will get the documents on 04/08
15) What school and program were you accepted to? 2 year master degree in IR (English language), Central China Normal University

16) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

Thanks everyone for your support and help !

For all those who are still waiting- hope you will be accepted ASAP and wish you good luck. Your patience will be rewarded )))))

• Like 2

@haerviu: Thanks for the reply mate.. Concerning the Visa application, I got my Visa in only 2 working days... it was very quick here 

@I.M and @Breaknet:  Thanks for your reply and encouragement my friends.. Are you from BLCU too please ?

Can anyone from BLCU tell me if the university provides transport facilities from the airport to the university ? And do you know if the accomodations are opened before the Registration due date please because I will be arriving 2 days before the registration offices will be opened ?

Thanks a lot

Darren

• Like 1

@dvsbuk

Yup, you are right! I was.. waiting for MOFCOM . I was nominated by ECCO of the PRC  here, in Ukraine. 

BUT I was accepted on Bilateral Program earlier, than MOFCOM...

so.. due to the rules of CSC I cannot be a recipient of of 2 Chinese Governm.Scholarships at the same time.... as a result I won the first (Bilateral) scholarship, because the enrollment was earlier than MOFCOM (^_^)

• Like 1

@hannafit Congrats

I will also be in Hangzhou at Zhejiang GongShang Uni, so I hope to meet you in Hangzhou :)

Anyone else in Hangzhou?

@daren2503

If you study hard you can definitely do it, don't worry, just give your best :D

Yaaaay congrats!! I look forward to meeting you too! When do you arrive in Hangzhou??