Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

I just received my Admission Notice from Tsinghua and Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) today. I will head to the Chinese Consulate in New York City first thing Monday morning to apply for the visa. Then I shall book the ticket to Beijing and then enjoy a pre-study ten-day trip to Germany.

Let it begin! Finally!

Warm regards,

Chris two Times

Question for you guys doing a one year or two year program. What does your visa duration say? Mine says from 6/2016 to 7/2018. Wonder if that means I need to be out by July or by the end of July, because I believe school goes a week or two into July. 

1) What is your native country? Nigeria
2) Where did you apply? Nigeria
3) When did you apply? 9 Apr 2016
4) When was the deadline? May
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? PhD
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Zhejiang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? Institution agency Number
10) Where did you get your physical done? General Hospital
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary Public 
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? YES 
13) How were you notified? email from institution 
14) When were you accepted/rejected? Got the email on 1st, August
15) What school and program were you accepted to?Zhejiang University

Congrats to everyone whose gotten their packets and good luck and keep the faith to those that are still waiting.

I have a question to the other forum members going to Tsinghua. Are you guys going to the Shenzhen campus (for post grads) or the Beijing campus?

Good news guys!

Mrs Chen just replied to my email and said she found my name on the selected candidates list and to wait my admission letter until it is send from southwest jiaotong university.

Is this a contact from the University? Or from the embassy? Which country are you from?

On monday I received an email from the commercial office of the Embassy saying : "congratulations you are admitted to Tsinghua, I will contact you with the details"

At the beggining I was super excited but now I can not stop thinking, what if I am just admitted but have no scholarship yet.

I kwnow many would tell me to call te Embassy, I already did, the communication is too difficult.

What I was thinking is that the Embassy wouldnt tell me I was admitted in an University if I wasnt granted the scholarship I applied through them, it doesnt make sense

What do you guys think?

@lmam

In my case I was already given the scholarship by ECCO through Ethiopian Ministry of Education the only thing I was waiting for was the admission and now now I got it. 

Friend am sure soon will hear good news about the scholarship too.

I finally got a phone call from the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia today (August 4th)! Can't wait to be studying in Beijing! However, the Embassy staff told me that I have to go to the reception ceremony on August 16th, or else my scholarship will be canceled. It's very nice that they have a reception ceremony for scholarship recipients. I think the Embassy in Indonesia is the only one that does it? But I wish they'd do it sooner so I don't have to miss the orientation activities at Tsinghua...

1) What is your native country? Indonesia
2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia
3) When did you apply? April 8th (last minute)
4) When was the deadline? April 10th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Masters of Advanced Computing (English taught program)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University only as my first preference
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, and I sent in my pre-admission letter along with my CSC application
9) What agency number did you use? 3602 (Chinese Embassy in Indonesia)
10) Where did you get your physical done? I asked a local education agent who specializes in sending students to China about which medical lab they usually refer their students to. But it's really just a regular medical laboratory.
11) Did you get your documents notarized?  No, but I sent in an original copy of my transcript (I bought an extra copy from my former university). The transcript also says that my degree has been conferred, so I didn't send in a separate degree certificate.
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes!!!
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, from Tsinghua
14) How were you notified? The Chinese Embassy in Indonesia called me on August 4th, telling me to come to the reception ceremony on August 16th.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Tsinghua told me that I got the scholarship on July 6th (after I emailed them asking why my admission package had not arrived yet, even though they said they'd send it to me on June 13th). I got a phone call from the Embassy on August 4th. 
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University, Masters of Advanced Computing
17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

Hopefully this is useful for other Indonesian students currently applying / wishing to apply for the CSC scholarship through the Embassy. It's been incredibly frustrating for me going at it alone, not knowing anyone else from Indonesia in the same situation as me. The Embassy previously said that the scholarship recipients would be announced at the end of July, so I was extremely worried that there had been some miscommunication between CSC and Tsinghua and that I didn't actually get the scholarship. Moreover, if that were to actually happen, there would be no one at Tsinghua who could send me my admission package since they're still on holiday, so I would not be able to study there at all!  Oh well, I'm glad that everything has been sorted out now. 

• Like 2

Hello guys I'm new on this platform but I think so far I have been able to catch up with everything. CONGRATS to all those who have been accepted. And I will like to know if there is any Ghanaian who applied for MOFCOM via the embassy on this page. Thank you  :)