Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hi all I want to apply for undergrad again. So my question is, is WASSCE/KCSE or the country national exam result recognised in China for undergrad admission. Also does this mean these are GCE A levels?? Just curious because I intend to apply with a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education result and not sure if this is accepted.

5 hours ago, msteve60 said:

Seriously? Several days later and the online application is still down for "server maintenance"? I've emailed the embassy about it but no reply. Anybody else experiencing this? Could it be related to Spring Festival?

This requires patience. I think it could be both due to a server maintenence or the spring festival. One uni told me they would be back on 10/02

Hi guys, I have a dilemma and I would love your opinion 

This year my home university has a surplus of language scholarships provided by the Chinese embassy. 

I would like to do a master in China. My home university will make an exception for me to change the language to a master scholarship, but only for one year. Which means that I will have to reapply in my second year of master.

But the problem is that once you receive a scholarship, the chance of getting a scholarship for the second time will be a lot harder (it happened to my friend, who first got a language scholarship and then applied for a master, but got rejected).

Should I apply for the scholarship through my school (where the chance is big, but it's only a 1-year scholarship)

or should I apply for the CSC (which will cover both years of my master, but the chances of getting one is a lot smaller).

Thanks!

Which part of the statement don't you understand? If you're doing a PhD program, the maximum period of the tuition fee coverage is 4 years, 2 or 3 years for master's programs, 4 or 5 years for undergraduate programs.

Hey guys,

I just found this forum and thread and I am glad I did.

So who am I? I am a brazilian student who did a 2 and a half years undergraduate in Finance. And also did a MSc in Finance in a UK university; i also did a couple of years of internship.

I started my application, but I am a little worried about how much marks are taken into account. I had an overall 83% at my undergrad, which was quite good. But for the MSc i only fot a Pass, with 53%.

So my question is, would a low mark at a Master degree damage my chances of getting a scholarship? The uni application fees are quite high for me so I am asking so I can at least spend the money knowing that I have some chance.

Thanks.

@LinZhenPu thanks for your reply although you sound disturbed by my noob questions. My apologies. Firstly, I am not applying to PhD as I know the difference between PhD and MBBS(M.D if you want). And why I said I don't understand the tuition fee statement is that on the MBBS page they list the scholarship covers 6,000RMB per year and yet on the general scholarship page they simply state for undergrads 4 or 5 years tuition fee will be covered. This is why am confused as to whether it will be full fee or partial fee. Am sorry for my ignorance.

@Homni SJTU is one of the most applied to unis. But if you're from a UK uni I think you do stand a chance although your marks seem pretty low. But hey, CSC is all about luck so worth the try.

Hi all, 

We really should have started a new 2017 CSC topic some time ago - this one is waaaaaaaay too long already. Is there anyone who'd be able to start one, add the info from Chris's first post here, and maybe keep it up dated with new info?

• Like 2

Thanks Angelina. I'll leave it up to you how you want to do it - in the past we've had separate topics for different areas - EU, US, etc. When it's done I'll close this one and make yours sticky. 

Good luck to all applicants!

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/53543-2017-csc-scholarships/

It is a bit complicated because many students do not know about all the scholarship opportunities available to them. Let's have a main one 2017 CSC and make new ones if there are enough applicants interested. Maybe Asian Future Leaders will need a separate topic.