Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello everyone,

I hope that everything is going fine with your new adventures and your fulfilling academic lives.

This year, I have been very glad to be chosen as a CSC scholarship nominee.

However, there is a persistent rumor in my University (Northeastern University - 东北大学 ) that there are too many foreign students this year. Obviously, they have already sent 40 of us to another campus out of Shenyang (to Qinhuangdao, Hebei province). 

Despite all of that, we have heard that if we fail one of our mid-year exams (we have 4), the school is going to suspend our scholarship. It is still unconfirmed, the teachers are unwilling to give any comments, but so far, our studying conditions have been poor at best (registration issues, dorm issues, etc.)

Therefore, I was curious to know if anyone one on this forum has been confronted to this issue. If the rumor is confirmed, what should I do? Do I have to contact the CSC officer in Beijing? Do I have to write an email to the Canadian Embassy?

Many thanks in advance,

Breaknet

@LinZhenPu

I guess that you are right. Unfortunately, if those exams may disqualify somebody and he/she cannot receive her stipend/scholarship, it is very unlikely that I will be able to find one of those people.

It is a sort of ''failproof'' system.

Furthermore, I have tried once again with other teachers and they all kept silent on that topic...

I think you should talk to administration instead of teachers, there must be some office for international students. Every single Chinese university has an office in charge of international students. Go there and ask: "I have heard rumours that if you fail one of your exams, your scholarship is going to be cancelled. Is this true? My home is far, I have spent my own money for a plane ticket, I need to know what to expect. I am not planning to fail my exams, but I need to know what the rules are." Also, where did you hear these rumours? If it turns out the rumours are not true, you need to talk to the people you heard this from. 

Anyway, it is better to focus on passing your exams instead of hoping for the worst and fretting over it. 

• Like 2

• New Members

hello everyone!

I'm a student at the Qinghai minzu daxue with a full scholarship. I have some problems that I want to share with you. They are asking to CSC scholarship students to pay the registration fees (which should be free for us, and that's quite a lot, 800 yuan). They are also in late with the stipend, that they told us is going to be divide in a half for until the next year (so 1500 instead of 3000). Anyone is having the same experience?

Thank you :)

Judie

Hmm...800 RMB, it sounds like a processing fee for residence permit. Do you need to pay for your residence permit as well?

As for cutting your scholarship in half (and because you get 3000 I think you are master's student), I don't think they have the right to do that. I would definitely inform Hanban about it and ask them what does it mean, maybe even get in touch with both Chinese embassy on your country and your country's embassy here in China, they might be able to help.

• Like 1

Hi Judie

What does the registration fee cover? Residency permit is 400 RMB, and Physical Eval is 60 RMB if you already did it back home or I think 400 if you have to redo it... but I'm not sure, the one i had one back home only needed to be evaluated. These fees are usually not covered under CSC scholarship. 

As for them cutting your scholarship in half, you should tell them that you're a FULL scholarship recipient, there's no reason for them to cut it in half. Even plain old language students get 3000 RMB a month. I would get in touch with your embassy or maybe the chinese scholarship council to work it out. 

• Like 1

As a scolarship student you shouldn't have to pay any registration fee or tuition fees. In BLCU I didn't even have to pay for the residence permit procedures (it costs around 600rmb). They give you an additional 1000rmb at the start of the year to help you pay for all the administrative procedures, in my case I didn't receive the money but I didn't have to pay for anything during the registration /visa procedures.

I agree to say that your situation is abnormal, and you should contact your embassy or the institution in charge of your scolarship. There are no particular cases for CSC scholarships.

@Kemian the french embassy and the EU window are two separate entities,with their own quotas. You can apply with either institution.

• Like 2

Hello! I am also a scholar from CSC living in Tianjin and studying at Tianjin University. When I arrived here, I had to take the Physical Examination because I didn't do it in my home country. I had to pay 618RMB, but, if you do it in your country and bring the papers with you, you'll pay nothing more than 350RMB, because you will need to do blood exams. My visa cost 1000RMB because it is valid for 5 years, seen that I will do all of my academic duties in Tianjin. My classmates who are only doing language here paid 400RMB for a one-year visa.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello, and thanks for your comments!

So..the registration fees, according to the university, have to be paid by all the students no matter they have a scholarship or not (I imagine they need money and they make up with this). We had also to pay the residence permit (and, funny enough, they asked in the document for one year residence permit, even if we leave in July, so we could have paid 400 instead of 800 rmb..I discovered it too late). 

As for the scholarship, they said that are giving us half of stipend until the new year and they will give us the rest of the amount in January or February..at least they are willing to pay later :D

I will definitely inform both embassy, but I think that universities (especially the not famous and rich ones) have problems in dealing with so many scholarships and try to gain something, so we are a little helpless. 

I hope at least that this information will be useful for the next students! :)

Hi guys,its been awhile.now everyone is busy.

@judie, in my case my school paid me double full month allowance(sept and oct together before september ending )and i even resumed lately( september 15 instead of september 1)buh i got permission to resume late. My medical report was rejected,i paid 365 rmb for another complete test, resident permit 400rmb for a year, registration fee is free buh we told told to pay 600 for study materials(questionable fee), i dont know if you guys also pay 600rmb for study materials.

Hello everyone,

Recently, the International Student Office of my university has told us that, even if everywhere in China foreign students are allowed to live off-campus, our campus has a ''local specificity'' and, therefore, we can't live outside (and obviously, not receive the extra coverage provided by the CSC at the article III).

Once again, I will have to confront them later, but without a doubt, I would say that this is some bullsh*t that they are telling us.

Stay tuned

Can i directly apply to my target university for CSC scholarship ? (With the university number and send all the documents to the university ?)

http://iao.nuaa.edu.cn/news/csc-scholarship-2016-application-guideline-.html

""

2. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.

3.Submit all your application documents (hard copy) by post to NUAA (PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE AT OUR UNIVERSITY WEBSITE)  before the deadline.

"""

I read this to some university website, but we can also read (on another university website who have the same direct application procedure : 留学基金委不受理个人申请。无论录取与否,申请人材料均不退还。so i don't know... ?

In the first message :

Steps for direct application to universities for Post graduate applicants

1) Send your application to your preferred school

2) If admitted, school notifies you.

3) School sends it to CSC

4) CSC approves

5) School notifies you.

6) You get yourself into China

At any step of this process your application may be rejected. Again we don't know why, how, or when the decision is made. In the end, the school gets a final say on whether you receive the scholarship or not.

So, i can but, people already do this ? If i do this is not EU program quota ?