Chinese-Forums

Site upgrade!

roddy

Also, you can now choose to publish an entry in the future, rather than immediately. So you could, if you wanted, write up three entries,  publish one now, and set the others to appear automatically in a week and two week's time. 

Looking at the blogs overview page, would it be possible to add the date of the latest publication on the left or right column (without affecting page layout / length)? I do not know if everyone else regards this as an improvement.

Have the admins decided yet where mini-blogs / progress reports should be put?

I can't find the draft function in the blog editor, used to be I could write some, save it as a draft, then go back to it add and edit, save as draft and so on till I felt ready to publish, this seems to have disappeared. It was useful.

When you want to save your entry, deselect the green 'Publish' slider. That saves it as a draft and it'll be visible to you, but only you. When you want to edit it go to the entry page and there should be an 'entry actions' menu, from which you can edit or publish. Let me know if that's not the case - I'm looking at it with admin permissions, so might be different for you.

Mati, I've added dates to that page. Was that what you meant? I wasn't going to bother, but I wanted to practice making changes like that without direct template edits so used this as an example. 

" Have the admins decided yet where mini-blogs / progress reports should be put? "

Was I deciding that?

A couple of issues with the mobile site, which I tried out today.

First, on the listing of topics, the poster's name is right below the linked topic. Unfortunately, the poster's name is also linked, to the profile. So it's very easy with big fingers using a small phone to hit the profile instead of the topic. Suggest either unlinking the name or moving it to one side, so it's not right under the topic.

Second, when signing on you now get one of those noxious drop-down notices -- become more and more common these days -- nagging you to sign up for site notifications of some sort. Please turn that off!

Which actual page is that, the home page? We're passing mobile usability testing but I can have a look. 

The browser notifications - was this the first time you logged in with this browser? It should store your preferences. Those are controlled more from your end than mine, by the sound of things you might want to just stop them altogether. For Chrome.

That's odd. It's the New Posts page, or whatever it's called, but the names aren't linked to anything now. Will let you know if the problem returns. (Maybe I was somehow on another page; it's hard to keep track of the layout sometimes.)

As to those irritating notices, I use Firefox and have just changed my Settings so that Site Preferences aren't deleted along with cookies and everything else each time I exit. Again, will see if this resolves the issue. Thanks.