Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

AOn ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, SuCheng said:

dont need to be worried,  if both university recommend u as candidate then csc will send u mail and ask which one u prefer,  but for it also need csc approve u for both universıty, thats also a bit hard :)

Are you sure about this SuCheng??:lol:

I don't think CSC will let us choose anything. I understand that CSC will send your file to the universities you wrote in your application. If the first one chooses you, that's it, they return the file to CSC, but it they don't accept you, your file goes to your second choice and so on. If you are not accepted in any of your three choices, CSC will try to place you in a different one. This is what I have understood by reading the experiences from previous years. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Washe said:

The thing is I applied to 3 different schools and all three of my application status' have now changed to "In Progress" so I am now getting worried that all 3 might reject me :wall

What? Reject? I dont think so,  it's even good that 3 of them are in progress so dont worry. What universities are those if I may ask?

Good luck.

I think unis will reject u before changing your status to in progress...

I know for my tsinghua application anyway it never changed to in progress, just declined

Pretty sure if it says in progress you have a very good chance. Then again it will probably differ from uni to uni

Hi guys. Does anyone know how hard it is to renew a one year scholarship at a Chinese Uni. Specifically how hard are the courses taught in English?! Thanks. Still waiting on though I have no idea if my application was sent to csc or not. Good luck to all.

Scholarship confirmation as on csc website. Reference http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3056

1. University reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates.

2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with approval of the CSC.

3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.

4. The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before June 30th. University sends the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship recipients

5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.

6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.

• Like 2

@abdul Thanks! I forgot that they have this in the CSC website, and reading it again clarifies the process to me again.

Posting the info on Bilateral Program. I think this is the coursed through the embassies.

1. Application documents of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.

2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.

3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship Recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.

4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate-general before July 31st. The Chinese embassy or consulate-general will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship recipients.

5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.

6. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.

@ctan15 yeah it's on the official CSC page. Moreover, I forgot to mention that the above process is only for "Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese- University Program".

For University program final results are usually declared on or before June 30th. 

• Like 2

@VL02 Hi! I applied through AUN and it seems the process is the same as in embassies. I also have an "In Progress" status and AUN said that they have already recommended me for the scholarship and my application is now in CSC for checking. From my understanding, after CSC checks my application, it should go to the universities for admission. application :)

• Like 1

@ctan15 i was applied to Chinese embassy in my home country for bilateral program. i also have pre admission letter from the Univ, but i sent to Embassy not same date with my another document. I think i send the pre adms letter is past the deadline. Is that okay?

Its difficult to contact our embassy.I already emailed but never get response. :roll: