Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@zhandingjietie What I see is the language studies slots would be reduced but I don't think they will terminate the language program anytime soon. In fact, isn't the language program option has just been categorised under the global or senior scholar programme since 2 years ago?(correct me if I'm wrong). CSC just make the change and I think they would let it remain that way.

Hey all, I'm new though I've been reading this and last year's threads for a while now. My questions is if applications through the DC Chinese embassy are grouped separately from those through the NYC Chinese Consulate.

• New Members

Does anyone know what happens to our applications if we don't receive a scholarship?  Does the university still admit us as potential self-supporting students, or is the university application denied at that point, too?  Thanks!

@zhandingjietie I personally think that those HSK 5-6 holders apply mostly for graduate students and beyond so the preparatory language course would still broadly apply for undergrads. It's important to consider that most of them (us) don't really have a chinese proficiency at all and the amount of applicants inside that group is smaller compared to the other ones.

@MC2 According to SJTU website: "If you didn’t get scholarship type A, your application will be transferred to type B, or type C or type D automatically." I suppose it is the case with most universities, if not all of them

14 hours ago, MC2 said:

Does the university still admit us as potential self-supporting students, or is the university application denied at that point, too?  Thanks!

Before being considered for a scholarship, you have to be admitted to the university first. If you don't get pre-admission, you won't even be considered for a scholarship. So yes the university still keeps you as a self-supporting student (that's if you got pre-admission)

@artfullounger That is an interesting point. I would guess that they probably are grouped differently. However, the DC embassy has been very responsive in email throughout the process. Did you try giving NY a call or an email? Maybe you should drop by in person if you're in the city.

"Did you try giving NY a call or an email? Maybe you should drop by in person if you're in the city."

Not yet, since I didn't directly apply through the consulate, rather I applied through the IIE to be my sponsors, they're American (partially government) organization that is known for administering Fullbright Scholarships. I'm not particularly worried about that part since I accidentally found out my application was being sent out to my selected schools, implying that I had made it past the CSC stage. They definitely seem to be less communicative than the embassy, however.

Hello boys and girls "my first comment" was following for a while though, got accepted at Renmin Univ- applied directly- what's really getting me annoyed is this wait for the CSC results. last month the Univ asked for application fees 600 RMB which I transferred, and they told me CSC results are expected by end of June. I really don't know how I'm going to wait :wall. Anyone going to Renmin and can give me an advice please ?

On 5/15/2017 at 11:14 PM, aymen said:

Regarding contacting PR China Mission, their email is useless. You should call them instead, that's how I managed to get hold of them. The lady was very helpful. 

Hey, which number did you call? I've tried calling them a couple of times, but no answer. Is your status still "Submitted."?

31 minutes ago, Rytis95 said:

Hey, which number did you call? I've tried calling them a couple of times, but no answer. Is your status still "Submitted."?

tel:+32 2 772 95 72 - 8318 - 8318 is the extension.

I decided not to apply through China Mission as I only really want to study at Sichuan University. I hesitated, but after communicating with the international student office, it seemed I had high chances of being accepted. However I am now feeling very anxious as my status is still stuck on submitted and I haven't heard back from SCU. I now wish I had also applied through the EU window programme as well... Last year I was recommended by SCU but my name got mixed up with someone else's on the CSC's website and I ended up not getting the scholarship. It would be devastating if I don't get it this year.

Thanks. Called them just now. A really nice lady answered the phone. She said my application has been received, but she couldn't give me any more information regarding whether my application has passed the first round.

I managed to get a hold of the EU Window as well and was told that they had finished the first round of processing and the materials will be sent to the CSC soon. However, they had not been sent yet.

• New Members

I am new to this forum but I am really glad I found it! I have these burning questions which have been asked by a couple of guys above but no answers still, what does the status really means? My girlfriend applied for scholarship via CSC this year (2017) she submitted all necessary documents via the dispatching authorities in Tanzania. She also had a pre-admission notice from Wuhan University! At submission everyone assured her that she will be selected mostly because she had that pre admission notice. But till now her status is reading "SUBMITTED"???? What does submitted really means? Does it mean somebody is already accepted? Or the application is already at a respective university for review? And what about those with admissions already to specific university?  And what about "IN PROGRESS" status? does it mean they are still trying to find the applicant the University? And is it really the next step to submitted? Any answer will help guys, this is killing me!