Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Hello guys! Is there anyone who applied ECNU independent enrollment CGS? I haven't heard from them since they got my application. I'm not even sure that they have even checked it actually. So I checked in the q&a of the uni, seems like last year 29th-1june is when the applicants get to know anything about the progress. Did anyone get the email about being accepted? 

@SuCheng I have applied directly to two universities, one is tsinghua and another is Zhejiang and they have accepted me. Tsinghua has already recommended me as a candidate for the scholarship however I haven't received any news about scholarship from Zhejiang university. I am afraid, if zhejiang university also recommend me for the scholarship, I may loose chance for getting scholarship at Tsinghua. I want to choose Tsinghua only so what should I do? 

Random thought. Do you know anyone whose status has been changed to "In-progress" but did not get the scholarship?

We have info from the previous batches that those that have the "In-progress" status do actually get the scholarship and that some who got the scholarship still have "Submitted" as their status. Just wondering if it can also happen the other way around.

From what I've heard a lot of people end up getting scholarships even though they were never changed to "In Progress" there are thousands of applications out there and most just get updated. I've also heard that once a university nominates you, you very rarely miss out on the scholarship, unless you've been nominated as a back up. Backups would get their status changed to "in progress" but wont get it unless someone pulls out.

• Like 3

@abdul dont need to be worried,  if both university recommend u as candidate then csc will send u mail and ask which one u prefer,  but for it also need csc approve u for both universıty, thats also a bit hard :)

1 hour ago, SuCheng said:

if both university recommend u as candidate then csc will send u mail and ask which one u prefer,

Oh forreal? I thought that the CSC chooses the strongest in your major