Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Jianhui Rough translation of the second screenshot, which is the relevant one:

Hello,
Welcome to Wuhan University, we are happy to inform you, that we have
already received your materials from the CSC. You have already 
been pre-admitted to our school, please wait until the organization
through which you applied releases their final notice. Our school's registration
period is from September 4th to September 8th, we are anticipating your arrival!

• Like 3

• New Members

@hejmeddig 我看得懂这个email, but thanks for translation anyway!

I'm just curious, does it mean that CSC already decided to give me the scholarship? Like I said, I have applied through embassy, and some people say that CSC decides about rewading someone with scholarship beofre sending documents to university, is it true?

12 hours ago, Jianhui said:

I have applied through Chinese embassy for EU. Does it mean I already won scholarship or I still have to wait for CSC final decision? 

I called Tsinghua University and they told me that I got the scholarship (also EU WIndow). What they told me is that if you do get the scholarship, then the embassy will send you the admission package. If you don't, the University will send you the admission package. That's what they said in the second email: that you got the scholarship and the admission package will be sent to you by the Chinese embassy in Brussels. 

• Like 4

• New Members

Hello guys,

I am waiting for the application results and as my friends' past experience shows, I will have to wait till July.

There is one problem, if if I get the scholarship, I will have to pay for the flight ticket which is very expensive and I can't find any funding in my country. Is it the same in your country or your flight ticket cost will be reimbursed? 

Hi Guys NEED YOUR HELP! :)

I have been accepted to Northwestern Polytechnical University 西北工业大学. Even though it is nowhere near my 3 options, CSC sent my application there and was accepted. On the other hand, I was also accepted to Peking University but with no news (still) about the scholarship. So, now I am weighing my options.

Do you now anyone who will be studying, is currently studying or studied at Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU)? I literally cannot find any blog/story/experience online about the school from any foreigner student. I only found hard facts and rankings and it doesn't look so good, however, I don't want to judge the school solely on rankings. I also like the courses offering NPU that's why I am still considering it.

If you were in my position what would you do?

HELP!!!

Does anyone know where I can see my CSC application number?

There's something wrong with my application, so I contacted the embassy. They ask my application number, but I can only find my serial number on the buttom of the pdf ver. application, which looks like changing every time I download the pdf file.

Thank you in advance!

• New Members

@Rytis95 @Jianhui has your status at Laihua changed from Submitted to In Progress? Mine's still submitted, I've sent emails to universities I applied to asking for a slightest hint on what's going on with my application but still no answer, EU Window Offices didn't reply my email either. I know it's "only" two to three weeks left until the official results will be published, but I'm already a bundle of nerves...

@vabbian the agree that the quality of pekin or tsingua might be better. But that doesnt mean u cant get quality education at other university.one of the reasons i didnt apply to perkins or tsingua is dat d location that is the cost of living der is high.

2. The guess the number of application they are receiving wud be higher dan others. Meaning dat the chances of getting d scholarship der z nt high

@ctan15 if u can wait fine. But if i were in your shoes i would consider d scholarship package and accept and take the one i see

• Like 2

I like the forum and i wud advice the administators build and android or ios app for dis. Let it be like whatsapp or facebook. Notifications pop up. I guess a lot of people would would download it.

• Like 1