Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Jina From my experience reaching out to the Uni and your embassy can make the process way shorter. The first time I applied I was waiting till the end of July. After that I got info that emailing and phoning can get you results way earlier. Like I phoned my embassy and got the documents as soon as they arrived in the country. In the end the second time I applied I had my documents weeks before other candidates from my country. 

I know pestering them may make people nervous  but it gets you results. At least in my experience it was like that.

• Like 2

I just got an e-mail from the Harbin Institute of Technology saying that my CSC materials had been received at their school and that they were searching for an advisor for me. I applied through EU Window so I think this means the CSC forwarded my materials to them.

• Like 1

Hi, guys. On laihua my status is "In progress".

University send me such note:

This letter is to inform you that BTBU promoted you as our best candidate to CSC. Your application documents together with your admission documents were already submitted to CSC. The attached Admission Letter and JW201 form are for your reference. Please be aware that the attached documents can not be regarded as the certificates of wining CGS or be used as Visa application documents. CSC will conduct the following process and finally issue you the JW 201 Visa form with their official stamp on it.

Again, thanks for choosing BTBU! We've also enclosed our <2017 Student Letter> that you may be albe to learn about our registration details in advance.
Looking forward to meeting your soon :)

When I can get my result of CGS?)

I am applying through the embassy for the government scholarship.

I submitted two hard copies of my scholarship in March, and on these hard copies I wrote that I want to apply as a bachelors degree student; this was a mistake, and later I changed to a general scholar on the csc website. My status now says "in progress."

I was wondering which form of the scholarship application does the csc actually read? Do they read the hardcopy or the online version? Will they post the hardcopy to the university? What is the point of the hardcopy?

I emailed the csc about my change of category already, but there was no reply, and last week I rang csc and a man said it was no problem, but he just checked my online application, I don't think I explained my point to him clearly enough.

In my original duplicate copies I wrote that I just want to study for one year in the proposed duration of study time, so do you think that they will know that I am really applying as a general scholar and not a bachelor degree student?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Anyone here have experience with the "Physical examination form" for foreigners?

1) is it required for a X1 chinese student visa at the Chinese consulate (staying longer than six months). Some schools admissions letter says to prepare one but the Chinese consulate here says it is not required

2) is it difficult to get done in China?

thanks

• New Members

Hello everyone! I have a question. Is it normal for my application details as even on 3rd of July, my application details is still 'submitted' instead of ''in process'? Anyway wish that everyone managed to get the scholarship. :clap

@Nhq0117

so when you prepared document you needed to make medical, for them to be valid in China : You have to go to the ministry of health(in your country ) and  Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them to legalize it, to prove that it is existing hospital/ health institute that made it (the steps probably varies depending on countries

), but you also should know when you are here in China, you will have to change visa to residence permission, and for that, you will need that legalized medical report ( that is no older than 6 months). if it is older they will make you redo it in China, cost depends on which city you will be (250 yuan (in Wuhan) till 600 in other cities) CSC don't cover this.   

Hello everyone! 

First I would like to wish you good luck and congrats to whom have already got the scholarship ✌

I have applied for a scholarship type A , so it was the chinese embassy in my country which told me about this opportunity, and chose me ..

So whenever you say that you have applied through the embassy, you mean the same as me? or you just delivered your papers there? 

I already read most of the comments here, but just to be clear: If my application says 'In progress' measn that i have more chances to get the scholarship??? 

Last thing: Anyone applied to CUFE? or China University of Geoscience Beijing?? 

Thanks 

@Ambra Yes, it means that you've passed the screening process in your country and the embassy has recommended you. Your documents then is sent to CSC in Beijing and CSC forwarded your documents to your choice university. I think you could try to contact your first choice university by now. Try to ask whether they've received your documents. 

• Like 1

Those who applied at British Embassy if you did not get email for this event,

you didn't get the scholarship.

I called the embassy and they said I definitely got the scholarship,

but the actual university placement has not been decided yet!

They said they should email this week to British students about the university placement.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 12.18.18.png

• Like 1