Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Kambili 给力 after two years language study, your chinese must be  钢钢狠 now. 

Since you are in Nanjing, can you please share some news regarding CSC type B result? How about your school, are you still waiting?

I am looking forward to Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics CSC Type B result for Phd Flight Vehicle Design...

Im actually back in Europe now, my visa was valid only until the end of July, so I had to get my ass out of there by then :) My Chinese is all right I guess, although I have been studying it before going to Nanjing for sometime too...I applied for a masters course at Nanjing University, type B scholarship(directly to uni). This was really convenient as I could drop by anytime and pester them in person:D Also went in person for the interview... But the NanDa csc results have not come out yet till this very day. So all I can do is wait...@DaGe

@Kambili so we should wait more, the year of fire rooster seems to be tough on us.

I just visited RenDa website and last year JW201 and admission letters were ready before mid July for 2016 intake. Don't know whats wrong this year.

I did masters from Beihang Beijing couple of years ago and opted Nanjing this time. Wish you hear good news tomorrow...

• Like 1

@hejmeddig

Please answer the following questions

When did you received the mail that you are admitted?

How did you get(is it through email or postal)?

Is there anyway one can confirm if he has been admitted to HIT?

Thanks.

Nanjing is very pleasant city, you’ve made a wise choice :) Fingers crossed for your application. Myself,  Im only concerned whether they’ll agree to grant me scholarship the second time, cos that would equal me being a parasite on Chinese government for five years altogether! :D@DaGe 

Well, all 60 of the US scholarship winners JW201 forms and admission letters were apparently "lost in the mail" last week. According to the embassy contact, DHL claims they delivered the package, yet no one took a record of receiving the package at the front desk. Something doesn't add up here...wouldn't someone have to sign off for that?

So @igoeth mail discrepencies happen all the time, I wouldn't be too worried. I received the email from the Washington DC embassy this morning as well. The Chinese visa, has a really quick turnover rate. As in, the longest it takes to get one is 3 days-- and in our cases, they'll probably expedite it for one or two days. So even if we don't get our jw201 until the 26th or 27th, theoretically, if you live close enough to an embassy or consulate, you can easily get the visa. My flight to China is on the second of September. Rather than wait for the admissions package for my master's, I just called my university's International Students Office and asked them what dates were for registration, and the semester ending, which in my case is September 4-7 and mid-January. And then bought my tickets from there. So if you're extra worried, you could do that. @artfullounger you need to buy your plane ticket before you can apply for the visa, at least that was my experience last year when I studied at my American university's Chinese campus in Shanghai. You need your letter of admission, the JW201 form, passport, round trip-plane ticket (for under a year, I suppose they'd accept a one-way if it's longer), passport photo, and the actual visa application. Oh! And bring photocopies of everything. At the New York Consulate, I know that after you've gone through security, you go up to a small kiosk where someone asks you what you're doing, and then they review all of your paperwork to ensure that you have it (if you don't, you're sent away to come back again with the proper paperwork) then you choose a number, wait to be called, get called up to a booth. (If I'm recalling correctly, there are about 5 or six tellers, with a good chunk of them devoted to actual Chinese citizens, so the visa wait can be long) After that, you hand them all your paper work and passport. They review it and then (CHECKING YOUR TICKET) give you a receipt with what day you should return. (And if your flight is really soon, they expedite it) You return, after at most three business days (so if you got there Friday, you pick it up Wednesday of the next week at the latest), and then pick up your passport with the visa in it. You pay for your visa at this time. Americans pay $140 (it was $130 last year, but I've heard it's gone up), and everyone else pays $30. 

• Like 2

@artfulloungerNope card is fine. But I recommend several things in preparation for going to China. Buy a VPN subscription and have it up and running on all your tech before you leave for China. It will be extremely difficult to get a VPN from within China, because of recent increased restrictions on usage. Do not use a free one, because it absolutely will not work in China. You don't realize how crippling the Great Firewall is, until you can't even open an email to check what the address of your university is. I was walking around Pudong International Airport crying my eyes out thinking I was about to be homeless in China before a stranger helped me out.