Chinese-Forums

2020 CSC Scholarship

boobaby

Anyone apply graduate school SJTU here, and granted CSC scholarship? as we know 7 days ago from email notification, the admission package has not been sent yet for CSC, anyone know current status? I've contacted International student center SJTU, and still no replies.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, Esteban said:

Hi guys, any news from any European country's embassy ? 

On 8/18/2020 at 12:35 AM, Nuonuo said:

EU Window posted an announcement today regarding the winners of the scholarship, it seems we will be getting the results by e-mail. Anyone received any so far?

I sent an e-mail last Friday, they said that all the notifications were sent out on 13 August and this year they are not going to publish the list on the website. 

On 8/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, Shimrion said:

when I asked them the reason to reject me then they said that I did not provide my IELTS along with application. But, I checked from this scholarship guide that IELTS and TOEFL are additional documents but not mandatory. Please guide me

@Shimrion I think you should check these guides on official sites for the one you linked states: “go to your University from where you have recently passed your degree and ask them to give you an English Proficiency Certificate”. Chinese universities only accept TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge (not only if you want to get to a prestigious university), and in case you apply for an English taught program they are mandatory. If you apply for a Chinese taught program HSK is mandatory.

I’ll answer your second question here too, I was accepted by Tongji University, right now they are preparing the documents to be sent by post.

• New Members

Hi everyone, I just got the admission package from Fudan University and it contains the JW form to apply for a visa. However, the arrangement of the university is that if you are allowed to enter China, all expenses for the 14 days (compulsory self quarantine) should be self-supported. Does anyone have more info about it? How are other unis handling this situation?

On 8/28/2020 at 8:34 AM, 乐天 said:

Has any of the winners of eu embassy window scholarship winners received admission letter or information about registration from their universities?

Nope, I haven't heard anything yet after the email which said I received the scholarship. I replied back to them that I would use the scholarship and would like to attend the online call they were going to have to clear up how it will work this schoolyear. Didn't get a reply to that (yet). Also haven't received or heard anything from my university yet. 

Will add though that I will start my scholarship in march of 2021, not this september.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:14 PM, Joz said:

Hi everyone, I just got the admission package from Fudan University and it contains the JW form to apply for a visa. However, the arrangement of the university is that if you are allowed to enter China, all expenses for the 14 days (compulsory self quarantine) should be self-supported. Does anyone have more info about it? How are other unis handling this situation?

Before that, are your country currently issuing student visa right now, and do you find any flight (ticket) before semester registration?

My Unis, SJTU, said that all international students currently outside china should take online courses for this semester. If you currently in china, yes, you need self-quarantine urself before registration day.

Hello everyone! I'm in the UK. I have been awarded a CGS at Nanjing Normal University for 2020/2021. I got an email on September 2nd saying a DHL package was being sent with admission details / documents but it still hasn't arrived. Anyone in UK / EU had any packages / updates?

• Helpful 1

12 hours ago, alsanch1 said:

Anyone in UK / EU had any packages / updates?

Hi! I'm also in the EU. I have been waiting for Tongji to send my documents since July. They are saying CSC still didn't give them the packages. I've been asking around, but they are only telling me to wait...

1 hour ago, tomasilheu said:

Can you apply for the visa with those documents? 

Not yet, they aren't giving out visa for students yet, but if they were to give them out again I can apply for a visa with those documents. As I am starting in March of 2021 I have some hope that that will occur before my starting date.

I have received my admission documents and JW201 as well. The embassy in the UK says they are not giving out student visas at this time. The university says online class will start on the 28th. They sent a QQ group link but QQ won't let me register. Says my UK phone number is not safe XD. Do you guys know how to talk to / find alumni of the scholarship program / people who have been to our university ?