Chinese-Forums

2020 CSC Scholarship

boobaby

• New Members

Are the results for undergraduate students going to be out in June? It's normal to not have any emails about being preselected from the universities? :( My application says it's in progress but that's all, sorry I'm a bit anxious

13 hours ago, javiera said:

Are the results for undergraduate students going to be out in June? It's normal to not have any emails about being preselected from the universities? :( My application says it's in progress but that's all, sorry I'm a bit anxious

Did you apply for the CSC type A? If it helps you I'm in the same situation, no emails and no news. I guess (and hope) in July/June we will know.

@javiera @Serg with type A, getting some news before July is really up to each university. In my own experience, last time I applied (3 years ago), I didn't hear anything from the University until the end of July, but this time has been different. I received an email from one of my three choices saying that I have been admitted and they even gave me the name and contact of my supervisor. You could email to all of them and ask if you have been selected. Hopefully they give you some information. 

@乐天 In principle the course should start in September, but with the current situation is hard to know if there will be some changes. As far as I'm aware, most Chinese university students are still not allowed to be present in university classrooms.

@edwinpv14 Your response is highly appreciated, I can relax a bit. I might probably try to get in contact with the universities as you suggested. Do you have any experience with this? Do you think getting in contact will be useful or will it affect the chances of getting the scholarship? I'm probably overthinking but it's better to ask.

Again, thank you and good luck to everyone.

@乐天 @Serg Here is the answer of Peking University about the unknowns of the next academic year: 

"There are a few possibility. First, the start of classes could be delayed. Second, some classes may start remotely and then switch to in person, or some students may have to start classes remotely, until the are able to enter China. Third, students (and faculty) entering China may be subject to a 14 day self-quarantine before they are allowed to enter campus. It is possible that none-of these measures will be taken, or that some mix of these measures will be taken. For now it is still too early to tell. "
So we still have to wait few months to be sure about it. I personally think that in September, Chinese universities probably would be open.

@dvdnnn Sorry man then I don't really know, I also applied in February through embassy and it changed to in process few weeks/one month ago. I just sent them an email saying that I sent my application at the time I did, and they told me that they received it. No more news since then. Maybe you can ask them directly

@Serg yes, I did the same back then and sent emails to all of them. Only two universities responded. One said they couldn't give any information about it and the other said they have received my documents from CSC and that they would let me know the final decision soon.  It was not a yes or no to the scholarship but it helped me to relax a little about the results. I don't think contacting them will affect your chances at all. 

@Jake13KickGuys, do you know if it is possible to get the scholarship two times in a row? Im in a masters now and I would like to apply for the language program next year. Thanks!

To answer your question, yes, it is possible to get scholarship twice, I met several students on a second scholarship after completing Master's degree, I am also applying for PhD this year, but for ANSO scholarship that demanded me to have a year gap after my last scholarship, so it varies, but if it is CSC no problem.

Good luck

@azonglis Does the "In progress" status change really mean much in terms of if you've been selected by your embassy and are on the list to get accepted somewhere? Or it mean nothing at all? 

@azonglis I do not remember, but status in the system does not say much, but usually "In progress" is a good sign that you are being considered, many never had their status changed and still got scholarship, I remember I got news in August...

L/M/Z (tourist/business/work) visas/residence permits can't be transferred anymore to a student visa/residence permit without first leaving the country (as of 2018-2019 in Chengdu, at least). So the process now is:

a) Applying from inside the country if you are in China and already on a X2 visa or a student residence permit (X1 form, +180days in the country). In reality this only applies if you are doing an extension (getting another half a year or another full year course) or a change of school/University, but the latter has some limitations depending on province/City... as always 没办法.

b) Fly to your home country, make sure you bring the university documentation they may not be willing to send you via - email and start the process from the embassy there. 

c) In super rare occasions, you can do b) in Hong Kong, but I am not sure of which nationalities are still able to do this. Brits were not able to by last year... talk about the wonders of post-colonialism. Also, keep in mind that in any case many Chinese embassies around the world (I. e. japan/korea and even HK for some purposes) require you to either be a citizen from the country you are applying from or a resident of such country. 

Hello everyone. What are one's chances to get the scholarship when the university has nominated you for a CSC Type B scholarship? I am asking because one university emailed notifying me that I'm on the nominated list and that CSC results (approved) will be out early July.