Chinese-Forums

2020 CSC Scholarship

boobaby

2 hours ago, boobaby said:

@Sankarist congratulations. You will be awarded. Be rest assured

Thank you for that. It's way reassuring. 

24 minutes ago, AndreyUp said:

@Sankarist congratulations. What university nominated you? I am waiting answers from Chongqing University, Chang'an University and Hunan University.

It's Zhejiang Normal University.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:46 AM, ajkihn said:

@Sankarist when you are nominated the chances of getting the scholarship is very high basically you are admitted by them and with an assigned supervisor it is up to CSC to finally award you, so congratulations on you nomination

Thank you for the clarification.???

On 5/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, Wickeda said:

Is the UK Embassy different than the EU embassy? (I'm asking because of Brexit)

Yes, they are two different institutions, even before Brexit. All students from the EU countries can apply through the EU window (based in Brussels), while only UK citizens can apply at the UK embassy. 

Great to see more and more people getting response with regard to ur CSC application. Congratulation guys and be prepared to have an amazing adventure in China ! :)

Just sharing some of my experience, if the university tells you that they've nominated you and have forwarded your name to CSC, just still don't keep your hopes high yet. It could be that your name is only in the waiting list. It happens to me in 2017-2018 application. 2 universities nominated me but at the end, I didn't get the scholarship. I applied again the next year in the year 2019-2020 session and finally won the CSC type B scholarship. On the other hand, if it is the embassy that nominate's you, I would say your chance to win the scholarship is pretty high.
At this time, you've done everything you can. So, just wait until the middle of July or even August. So, good luck everyone !  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

I applied for UIBE (Master of Business Management taught in Chinese), my status on school portal is APPROVAL while on CSC portal is still SUBMITTED only :((

I have completed one-semester scholarship (from Confucius Institute) at Sichuan University. I am glad to answer all your questions about SCU and HSK (I got 269 for HSK6 with 100 points for Listening skills)

Here my Youtube channel where I shared my life in Chengdu as well as Chinese learning experience: https://youtu.be/uu66hZT1nJ0

15 hours ago, 苏英俊 said:

my status on school portal is APPROVAL

Did you apply through Type A or Type B? I also applied to UIBE Type A and haven't heard anything from them. I applied for an international trade program (Chinese taught)

Hey guys!  I was wondering since I have applied for A and B category and for now like from both categories unis nominated me...Is it the CSC who decides which uni is good for me or I have right to choose it?  Or how does it work in this kind of situations?  Thanks again ?

On 6/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, Adamss1 said:

Hello guys
Does anyone have an idea of what getting an official pre-admission letter from the university mean? does it mean that you've been already nominated for the scholarship?

It means they want you to use the pre-admission letter to apply through the embassy. It does not mean you've been nominated. It's more like your profile or application stands out so they tried to help you for your application so you come to their university

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:02 AM, Adamss1 said:

But I've already applied for CSC type B. I sent my documents straight to the university and then got the pre-admission letter.

Pre-admission letter doesn't mean you're nominated for a scholarship, it's just made to help you with any other scholarship application (especially CSC type A). You will later receive another notification if you're nominated for a scholarship. Good luck!