Chinese-Forums

2020 CSC Scholarship

boobaby

大家好!

I applied for undergraduate in Chongqing Uni throught CSC portal im 24 years old,should I already have an answer? 

The thing is I didnt apply throught the embassy but online thorught the CSC website,

with all documents needed, recommendation letters from chinese teachers, foreigner medical examination, HSK 5 etc...

Is mandatory to apply through the embassy for undergraduate? If rejected can I apply in august for undergraduate or next year(because of 25 years limit)?

If someone knows ill be really grateful.

@Vanderwen I recently called 人民大学 to ask if they were sending emails to the accepted CSC undergraduate applicants. They told me they never send emails to the accepted undergraduate students. According to them, the final lists are now being reviewed and the embassies will be the first ones to have access to them and notify us. I don't know about Chongqing university, but I imagine all universities follow a similar protocol.

In regards to your second question, in principle you should always apply through the embassy, especially for undergraduate. Still, you should check your country's Chinese embassy webpage and your country's government relevant CSC webpages. Every nation manges CSC applications differently, the best way to certainly know how it works for you is to check the relevant documents/webpages.

I wish you luck and hope you can ultimately apply. Don't give up and also make some phone calls.

• Helpful 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:02 AM, Adamss1 said:

@Jabri But I've already applied for CSC type B. I sent my documents straight to the university and then got the pre-admission letter.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, Esteban said:

Pre-admission letter doesn't mean you're nominated for a scholarship, it's just made to help you with any other scholarship application (especially CSC type A). You will later receive another notification if you're nominated for a scholarship. Good luck!

Yep, esteban is right 

• New Members

Hi all!

Applied for the Type-A embassy application for a non-degree Chinese language course. 

Am I correct in thinking I do not need to apply to each one of my three universities of preference, and that the embassy/CSC will on my behalf be dealing with the application/admission to any university that decides to grant me a scholarship?

Thanks

@乐天 this UIBE means they have accepted you, wait for their e-mail confirming this, regarding scholarship I am not sure, check your CSC status in such case should have change to "In Progress" if they have nominate you. Good luck. 

P.S. If your CSC status has not changed do not freak out, wait patiently for them to contact you, they will let you know if you have been nominated or in which terms they have accepted you.

• New Members

Hello All!

I am Jordan from USA.  I studied at 武大 in 2017 under CSC Scholarship for 1 year as a 进修生 to improve my mandarin. Hoping to return to China in Fall 2020 to get my masters in teaching Chinese to Foreigners. I applied for Type B Scholarship through the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. I had an interview with department leads a couple of weeks ago with my first choice university (华东师范大学) and was notified shortly thereafter that I had passed and would be accepted for the 2 year 汉语国际教育 masters degree program. I have not yet received any official documents from the university or CSC, but I assume everything is still being processed. I recall the last time it also wasn't until at least July that I received official notice. 

I am still in the USA and hoping we are able to get student visas and enter the country before the semester is supposed to begin. Anyone else still outside of China at the moment?

Hello my uni was telling me that I need to wait till they send me the visa documents and that they don't know when the China's border will be open. The documents will be sent until they know the specific time of openness.

Hello !

I am Gaffar, I applied csc type B and Shanghai Jiao Tong University is my university choice (pre-admitted master degree).

I just got email from SJTU that my scholarship has been announced (I got type CSC scholarship) today in my application account. But it said it is tentative, the final decision is made by CSC by the end of july.

Why SJTU give me this announcement if it is still tentative? should i be reassured? what is the chance i get the final CSC scholarship if there are notification like this?

@Gaffar I will explain, pre-admission just means you met the requirements for the university you have been admitted by them, but that does not mean financial support, as you applied for scholarship they are sending a notification that you have been nominated for CSC Scholarship, but the final decision is made by CSC itself, they will notify in July or early August about the result. Consider that this year the number of scholarship has been reduced, so this year being nominated by the university does not mean to get scholarship, you will need to be patient, I wish you good luck!

6 hours ago, potatochips said:

Anyone from Type A? Would like to know approximately when would be the release of results from CGS. because my embassy doesnt seem to be revealing much information.

And did anyone's status change?

I would say late July, probably a month from now.

17 hours ago, potatochips said:

Anyone from Type A? Would like to know approximately when would be the release of results from CGS. because my embassy doesnt seem to be revealing much information.

And did anyone's status change?

I applied Type A through the US Embassy in Washington DC. The contact at the embassy said to expect results in late-July to early-August, due to the Coronavirus slowing the process down.

My status is "In Progress" on the CSC portal and I've been formally admitted to Tsinghua on their graduate admission portal. Which universities did you apply to?