Chinese-Forums

2021 CSC Scholarships

titisam

20 hours ago, China2021 said:

I have "in progress" for my Type A application status as well. Have you done your interview as yet?  I heard from a friend that once you get a confirmation letter after the interview then you don't have to worry but I did not receive one after my interview and I'm freaking out. Has anyone here done the interview for Type A and received a confirmation letter afterwards or do we just have to wait for the results in July?

Please I also applied for type A and have status as in progress. When did you get invitation for the interview as I didn't get any.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BEApplicant said:

Please I didn't get any invitation for interview not to talk of nominated. Please did you apply to your preferred university and if yes what was your status in the university portal?

so what I did was:

1. I applied on the university's website directly (paid the fees etc.)

2. Applied on the CSC website for the university I want (Did Type A & B, I made 2 accounts) and also the SGS website since I'm applying for a uni in Shanghai

3. The Chinese embassy in my country called me for an interview in March (This was when my CSC Application status became "in progress")

4. My university called me for an admission interview in March as well 

5. I did both interviews, received a pre-admission letter from my university (status on university portal shows admitted + I have the pre-admission letter)

6. Emailed the embassy to check if I was nominated to CSC for the scholarship, they told me no, but CSC status remains as "in progress"

7. In conclusion, I have so far gotten into my university, failed the Type A scholarship, and am now slowly waiting to see the outcome of my Type B (status on CSC is still just "submitted") and SGS scholarship (status on SGS is also still just "submitted") applications

Hey guys, sorry to burst your bubble but "in progress" basically just means they've touched or looked over your application. It doesn't mean you've gotten anything.

How to quote someone post here? 

according to my experience 4  years ago, most applicants with "in progress" status got their scholarship later. Means they are most likely to be recommended to CSC. anyway finger crossed until August, chinese embassy in my country  usually announce the results in August.

5 hours ago, shepherdspie said:

Singapore

OK. I would still remain hopeful and wait for the final results. I saw this same thing happen to someone in the 2019 trend and she later got a message that she received the scholarship. Don't lose hope just yet.

7 hours ago, yangyizhi said:

You would highlight the content and then you'll see quote selection under the highlighted text. Once you click that then the text should be posted in the comment section then all you'd have to do is write your comment under that. 

1 hour ago, China2021 said:

I saw this same thing happen to someone in the 2019 trend

Really! So they actually told her she wasn't on their nomination list but she somehow received it later on?? Man that is the dream. 

Honestly feels bad to have gotten into the university but not received the scholarship, it's like having one foot in the door but not really ? 

1 hour ago, shepherdspie said:

Really! So they actually told her she wasn't on their nomination list but she somehow received it later on?

Yeah. That's why I'm saying wait until the final results. Don't lose hope as yet.

22 hours ago, yangyizhi said:

You select the text you want to quote, then a small pop-up that says 'Quote selection' should appear. Click that and you're quoting! Please quote sparingly, not entire posts, just the bit you're referring to.

Good luck on the scholarship applications everyone!

On 5/3/2021 at 2:21 AM, Lu said:

You select the text you want to quote, then a small pop-up that says 'Quote selection' should appear. Click that and you're quoting!

This is easier than I expected

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 1:09 AM, China2021 said:

I have "in progress" for my Type A application status as well. Have you done your interview as yet?  I heard from a friend that once you get a confirmation letter after the interview then you don't have to worry but I did not receive one after my interview and I'm freaking out. Has anyone here done the interview for Type A and received a confirmation letter afterwards or do we just have to wait for the results in July?

I also did my interview for Type A and still haven't received any mail from my preferred uni? It's been almost two weeks now

6 hours ago, melaniehow said:

I also did my interview for Type A and still haven't received any mail from my preferred uni? It's been almost two weeks now

@melaniehow I wouldn't expect anything to come until late July. The process takes a little bit to find out if you get accepted/rejected.

• New Members

Hello ?

I am just wondering what the odds of getting the CSC scholarship are?
I have accepted letter and pre-admission from SJTU for the master program 
anyone knows when should i expect to get result for the scholarship 

Thank you in advance for your time ?

3 hours ago, MGH said:

anyone knows when should i expect to get result for the scholarship 

Ooh what programme are you in?

I’ve been accepted by the MIB programme, my department’s coordinator told me the results will be out in Early July

Right now you can probably try asking the school if you’re one of their nominated candidates though. It’s not 100%, but if you’re nominated it means the school wants to give you the CSC scholarship and all CSC has to do is agree

• Like 1