Chinese-Forums

2021 CSC Scholarships

titisam

58 minutes ago, TL said:

Hi everyone. 

Any one who was called by the embassy  for 2021 CSC?

Yes, I recieved a mail from my embassy yesterday. I got the scholarship but I dont know what university because they wrote that I will be noted later about it. I have applied without pre-admission.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, Romio said:

yesterday. I got the scholarship but I dont know what university because they wrote that I will be noted later about it. I

Congratulations! What were your University choices?

I heard from some one that this year if all the preferred universities reject to admit the student, CSC won't get a 4th choice to place in the student... For type A... Is that true

• New Members
On 8/1/2021 at 4:42 AM, TL said:

Hi guys. Any one who put Tsinghua university as first choice?

I applied to Tsinghua University, but through type B, not type A. I got the final result about 10 days ago. Are you still waiting for the result? 

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi guys !

I applied at Tsinghua University via their own platform + CSC Type A, but the university admission process was delayed, so the CSC sent my application to my other choices. I eventually got admitted at Tsinghua (first choice), the admission notice says it is on my own full costs.

I just got a email saying I got the CGS, not stating to which university/program.

I'm already living in China. The embassy where I applied at doesn't reply to calls or emails (I wonder if they didn't go on holiday).

I would like to transfer the granted CGS to my first choice. Have anyone been in this situation ?

On 8/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, TL said:

Hi guys. Any one who put Tsinghua university as first choice?

• Helpful 1

Hi, it seems, I will be granted Type A scholarship through EU Window. The CSC system is saying "Application result has been sent to the dispatching authority (Application receiving agent)". I believe, I will be attending XJTU, as they contacted me in June to confirm the scholarship. Does anyone have any info from the EU mission? I've sent several emails to them, querying about the scholarship status. I've even called them, but couldn't reach them at the number provided.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback ! I applied for EU window too, but still have "In progress" on CSC system. I did not receive any confirmation from the university I applied for either. I guess I didn't got it after all (interestingly, I have an HSK6 score report)

I don't have any info relevant for you unfortunately, but few months ago when I wanted to inquire about the scholarship I couldn't reach them too.

5 hours ago, brigitte said:

Thanks for your feedback ! I applied for EU window too, but still have "In progress" on CSC system. I did not receive any confirmation from the university I applied for either. I guess I didn't got it after all (interestingly, I have an HSK6 score report)

I don't have any info relevant for you unfortunately, but few months ago when I wanted to inquire about the scholarship I couldn't reach them too.

I am sorry to hear that, maybe they'll still be able to grant you a scholarship. I applied for english-taught master degree, so they might not have finished the chinese-taught ones yet. It would be weird though if you didn't get it. Maybe some majors have better chance of success than others. I applied for Artificial Intelligence.

Hi guys - I got the CSC scholarship and am going to Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) to study Chinese starting in September 2021. I live in Montreal, Canada, Chinese visas are still not given out to foreign students here so I fully expect classes will be online. The university has told me to wait until September to get information about class schedules, placement tests, textbooks, etc. Is anyone else here going to BLCU? Any relevant information to share?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TL said:

Hi guys. Is there any one who hasn't yet gotten any communication from the embassy???

I still didn't get a word from the EU mission for example. Last year they sent out notices around 16-17.8. so they should send out the emails during the next week I guess. If I may ask, what is your application status in the CSC system?

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, TL said:

My application status is In progress. I haven't yet received any communication from the embassy.... What's your application status ?? @shsh 

As I mentioned earlier, my application status is: "Application result has been sent to the dispatching authority (Application receiving agent)". Still no email from EU mission.

On Thursday an email from XJTU came with information about online/on-site registration and further information. They also informed me that I've been officially admitted to the university and provided me with application number.

On other note, I inquired about getting a student visa at my embassy and they said it is possible, if you get an invitation letter from the university.

49 minutes ago, shsh said:

Slovakia, and I believe this rule is universal. But you need to get the invitation letter from uni and probably if there is not good enough reason, you won't be able to get it.

Yeah. I am from Ukraine, and I have already received my admission notice and visa application from an embassy. But they dont issue student visas. If you will get student visa please write here.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, shsh said:

Hi, it seems, I will be granted Type A scholarship through EU Window. The CSC system is saying "Application result has been sent to the dispatching authority (Application receiving agent)". I believe, I will be attending XJTU, as they contacted me in June to confirm the scholarship. Does anyone have any info from the EU mission? I've sent several emails to them, querying about the scholarship status. I've even called them, but couldn't reach them at the number provided.

Hello! I am in the same situation as you. I applied the EU Window Scholarship and I also have that status, which is supposed to mean that you're selected and admitted into the University. I tried to contact Mission of PRC to China (the dispatching authority) last week and I was told that the person who was in charge of the scholarships was on holiday and she will be back on August 19th. I hope we get some more information during this week. 

Do you know if that status means that you're 100% selected? Everyone says that but I still haven't received any official information. Thanks!! :) 

• Helpful 1

Guys...I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety right now?.....I haven't yet received any response from the embassy. When I contacted them 2 weeks ago, they said that they have a partial list and I'm not in the partial list. They said that the results are pending since different universities have different enrollment progress.... but now it's already 17th August and no communication yet??....this is so stressful..... my application status still says In progress. I was nominated by the ministry of education of my country...I applied for type A CSC scholarship without pre admission. Is there any one else who hasn't received any response from the embassy

39 minutes ago, TL said:

Guys...I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety right now?.....I haven't yet received any response from the embassy. When I contacted them 2 weeks ago, they said that they have a partial list and I'm not in the partial list. They said that the results are pending since different universities have different enrollment progress.... but now it's already 17th August and no communication yet??....this is so stressful..... my application status still says In progress. I was nominated by the ministry of education of my country...I applied for type A CSC scholarship without pre admission. Is there any one else who hasn't received any response from the embassy

I understand your anxiety, the EU mission is also quite unresponsive. Even though my I also applied without pre-admission letter, my situation is different. XJTU offered me a place back in May and my application status has changed recently. Recently I also got a response from XJTU, I've been officially admitted. As for your situation, I believe It is possible you will be placed somewhere. But to be honest, your chances are probably on the lower side, this late in August. You should keep in touch with your embassy.

It also seems that this year there were less total scholarships available. EU mission has offered only 101 places this year, while in the past years it was around 130-140 places.

I wish you luck in getting the scholarship! ^^

On 6/21/2021 at 2:32 AM, BEApplicant said:

postponing is optional

Hi guys, my university just contacted me yesterday asking me to choose between two options:

it's either:

1. Start with online course.

or

2. If you cannot attend online course on time, then give up your admission.

Actually, I wanna suspend first because online school is inconvenience.

So I'm wondering if you guys still have the option to suspend/postpone your study? (because we can't come to china yet?)