Jump to content
Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

2021 CSC Scholarships


titisam
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Quart said:

Any update in the "scholarship detail" on SJTU application portal?

Not yet! That will be in early July I think, after CSC approves everything. 

 

But I will likely ask to postpone it for at least a year, as I'm not too keen on doing online class and I'm worried about becoming like my seniors (the batch from 2020). They are likely graduating without ever having set foot on campus...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

1 hour ago, shepherdspie said:

I'm not too keen on doing online class and I'm worried about becoming like my seniors (the batch from 2020). They are likely graduating without ever having set foot on campus...

What about stipends? Will they be paid stipends?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BEApplicant said:

hat about stipends? Will they be paid stipends?

No, stipends/living allowance will only be paid when you are physically in China. If you’re not, you won’t receive the amount you missed out on when/if you return or upon graduation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members
On 6/19/2021 at 1:13 AM, luckjp said:

Anyone have any updates on their application?

Hello there! I was contacted by my Embassy last Friday telling me that I have been admitted into my preferred university while my status on CSC portal is still In Progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members
4 hours ago, melaniehow said:

Hello there! I was contacted by my Embassy last Friday telling me that I have been admitted into my preferred university while my status on CSC portal is still In Progress.

Hi, congratulations! Mine is The application result has been sent to dispatching authority Type A. I am eagerly waiting for a mail from an embassy or ministry of education. What country you from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, melaniehow said:

Hello there! I was contacted by my Embassy last Friday telling me that I have been admitted into my preferred university while my status on CSC portal is still In Progress.

Same event and same status with me. Congratulations to you. Meet you in China (online).😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members
1 hour ago, luckjp said:

I've been selected for Type A, but I am still waiting to hear which university I will be going to, so the suspense is killing me haha.

 

Hopefully I find out soon, or I may go crazy 😂

Hasnt your embassy told you what university? I mean if they have told you that you are selected then they should have said what university and duration or maybe like a list of scholarship holders from your country. As far as other people said me Type A means that your dispatching authority (Chinese embassy in your country or Ministry of education in your country) has to announce the result. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roman Zadorozhnyi said:

Hasnt your embassy told you what university? I mean if they have told you that you are selected then they should have said what university and duration or maybe like a list of scholarship holders from your country. As far as other people said me Type A means that your dispatching authority (Chinese embassy in your country or Ministry of education in your country) has to announce the result. 

I was told the result of the University is still coming in, but I am accepted for the scholarship itself. They said as soon as they are able to, they will inform me of the University. So maybe they are waiting for everyone's result first? Not quite sure. (This is from the US embassy btw)

 

I will probably have to wait until the end of July to find out completely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members
2 hours ago, luckjp said:

I was told the result of the University is still coming in, but I am accepted for the scholarship itself. They said as soon as they are able to, they will inform me of the University. So maybe they are waiting for everyone's result first? Not quite sure. (This is from the US embassy btw)

 

I will probably have to wait until the end of July to find out completely.

What universities have you chosen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Roman Zadorozhnyi said:

I was told the result of the University is still coming in, but I am accepted for the scholarship itself. They said as soon as they are able to, they will inform me of the University. So maybe they are waiting for everyone's result first? Not quite sure. (This is from the US embassy btw)

 

I will probably have to wait until the end of July to find out completely.

Zhejiang University, Nanjing University, Southeast University (Preference in that order)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members

@luckjpDid you email the US embassy to confirm your scholarship acceptance or did they reach out to you? I also applied through the US embassy and my application result says it was sent to the dispatching authority but I've yet to receive an email from the embassy. I chose Yunnan University, Zhejiang University, and Harbin Institute of Technology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, curiouscam said:

Did you email the US embassy to confirm your scholarship acceptance or did they reach out to you? I also applied through the US embassy and my application result says it was sent to the dispatching authority but I've yet to receive an email from the embassy. I chose Yunnan University, Zhejiang University, and Harbin Institute of Technology.

I emailed them asking them what my status meant and they said in their system that I am accepted for the scholarship and they would notify the results for the school later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I've only just discovered this thread so I'm still playing catch-up.

 

I've just been accepted by my University but my CSC application still just says "submitted", which I believe means that nobody has even read it yet. My CSC application is type B. 

 

I also want to defer if my course is going to be online. One of the reasons I applied to China was for the China experience!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Members
5 hours ago, 马M said:

Hi everyone, I've only just discovered this thread so I'm still playing catch-up.

 

I've just been accepted by my University but my CSC application still just says "submitted", which I believe means that nobody has even read it yet. My CSC application is type B. 

 

I also want to defer if my course is going to be online. One of the reasons I applied to China was for the China experience!

Congrats! In case of my enrollment I am going to ask for 1 year delay too. I think this year 99% will be online I saw that some universities have already noted their international students that next semester will be online. Lets keep each other updated. What university have you applied?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, just wanted to announce some good news! I won a full Type B CSC scholarship to do my Master’s in Business at SJTU :) 

 

Wanted to ask if anyone has experience with requesting to defer the offer for a year? My programme is only 2 years and the way things are now, at least 50% of it is gonna be online. Really not keen on that, I want the full physical experience in China itself you know

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote
10 hours ago, Roman Zadorozhnyi said:

Congrats! In case of my enrollment I am going to ask for 1 year delay too. I think this year 99% will be online I saw that some universities have already noted their international students that next semester will be online. Lets keep each other updated. What university have you applied?

Sure thing, I applied for Fudan University (复旦大学). It's my first choice, so I'm super happy I got accepted! I'm now just waiting for CSC approval. I'm predicting that I'll be deferring until next year and will probably have to reapply for the scholarship. Which Universities have you applied to? Have you received any responses yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, shepherdspie said:

Hey guys, just wanted to announce some good news! I won a full Type B CSC scholarship to do my Master’s in Business at SJTU :) 

 

Wanted to ask if anyone has experience with requesting to defer the offer for a year? My programme is only 2 years and the way things are now, at least 50% of it is gonna be online. Really not keen on that, I want the full physical experience in China itself you know

Congratulations! And honestly, deferring is up to you I guess. If you only care mainly about the living in china aspect, I would defer if you can. If you care about finishing your degree, I wouldn't defer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, luckjp said:

ongratulations! And honestly, deferring is up to you I guess. If you only care mainly about the living in china aspect, I would defer if you can. If you care about finishing your degree, I wouldn't defer.

Thanks so much! Do you think I’ll lose the scholarship if I ask to defer?

 

The main problem is I support myself financially. I recently received a raise at work and I work in academic research, so it’s also very relevant to my master’s and building up my CV. It’s really hard for me to give my source of income up to attend online classes for at least a year, especially since we won’t be receiving any of our stipend 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shepherdspie said:

The main problem is I support myself financially. I recently received a raise at work and I work in academic research, so it’s also very relevant to my master’s and building up my CV. It’s really hard for me to give my source of income up to attend online classes for at least a year, especially since we won’t be receiving any of our stipend 😕

Its possible that you could do work and school at the same time while in your own country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lu unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...