Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

its the same physical exam form to get a visa.

you must fill it out - you can find it on the website. i dont know who sent you an email saying that the physical exam is not necessary - but i highly doubt it. do as you wish.

if you are just studying chinese, you may not need a study plan - but it is different for each country. there are no examples of the study plan but guidelines can be found in the archived threads from before 2010.

i dont understand why the indonesian embassy would take the csc scholarship applications, but if that's what the csc person said - then i guess indonesia is different.

let us know how it goes.

@sidhi:

The physical examination form you need can be found at:

http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/f2c42b606ab44637a232205d11e4b1dd.shtml

I do remember reading somewhere that you can submit applications via your home country's embassy in Beijing. It may have been on the CSC website that I saw that. I guess it just depends on how much you trust what you've been told and how much you trust the embassy to send it in for you.

***Update***

At http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/11678d1ad1114276a296ca1f3da38f99.shtml it says:

"The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th, 2010 via either the Chinese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s home country or the embassy of the applicant’s home country in China. "

Anyone here ever tried that?

i talk with hanban scholarship person"I think you do not need to go to different organizations to apply for the scholarship, which is forbidden as well. As for the physical examination, you do not need to do it now. You can finish it if you get the scholarship. And I do not know any factor the increase the possilities of sucsess besides of you applying according to the instruction." its official email from them

can i apply for 2 or more program?how about is all accepted?

i dont know if its forbidden

i really want get that scholarship

help me dude

Hi All,

I just recently found out about the CSC scholarship, and I am frantically trying to put my application together by proxy as I am currently residing in Nanjing.

I have read the entire "CSC Scholarship - 2010" thread, and there seems to be a lack in consensus regarding the absolute deadline for American submissions. I'm going to try and contact the Chinese embassy in DC, LA, and SF tomorrow to determine if they can elucidate this matter. Does anyone know of a contact person at any (all?) of those embassies? If not, I will just have to rack up some Skype minutes on hold. :cry: If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to share.

Thank you all for contributing to this forum! Without it, I would be even more confused.

I just tried to call the Chinese embassy in DC. It rang once, went silent, and then gave me the evil beep...beep...beep. The west coast embassies are still closed, and will have to call them early tomorrow morning CST.

Great news, Brian US! I was unsuccessfully calling the main line at the DC consulate.

Thank you for finding this out! I may be able to get my application completed in time! :)

Just got off the phone with the Chinese embassy out of DC with a few questions. The rep confirmed the deadline is at the end of April and a physical is only good for 6 months. As mine is dated for September 1st I was worried about cutting it close. My delivery confirmation shows it arrived Feb 22nd, but the rep stated it still may take a few days to get to her office. I informed her of my case with how I already have a visa and my physical was done in China. She seemed more concerned about an up to date HIV test, so she asked me to be tested again. After clarifying that I would need to be tested in Beijing and then mail it, she stated it would not be necessary.

There was also confusion with her informing me that I could just have a physical if I were accepted at the school in China. I flat out asked if the physical was even required for the application, but she said it was still needed. I'll probably do a follow up call mid March.

@sidhi,

You can apply for more than one scholarship under the CSC rules, but you can only accept one. If you apply for more than one CSC scholarship, they will only award you one (if any) and they will choose which one they give you.

As for the other scholarships, I don't know about them myself.

I guess you've looked at the other CSC scholarships too? Coming from Indonesia you might be eligible for other scholarships (like the study in Asia scheme) http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/fe71fa67c4e34233a75ecb6e08827c80.shtml

If I was you, I'd just apply for everything under the sun I'm eligible to apply for. Read the instructions and information carefully for each scholarship to make sure you're allowed to apply for both, etc. *Usually* you can apply for whatever you want but you can only accept one scholarship.

Hope that helps.

@Helios,

Here in Australia, I called more than 5 times (or even 10, don't quite remember) over two weeks before anyone picked up. When they did pick up, the phone had been ringing for at least a couple of minutes (literally).

So my advice is to be persistent in trying to call, and don't hang up until the line cuts off! :D

@extrapages

Helios and mdp299,

ive sent the DC contact information. good luck!

let us know how it goes...!

Thank you! I think Brian US already figured out the deadline issue.

@ricardo

When I call, it rings once and then fails. Now, I have the DC contact person, and that will be much easier, I imagine.

Thank you for your advice to be persistent!

you are right ricardo

btw i printed already the physical exam form

a lot of things attached there.so what shall i do now to get stamp officially?

how much for it?shall i commit all test that i did in august cost 600 rmb again?

is there any one stay in beijing now can call me

since i learnt about the scholarship i ve been wondering which 3 three colleges should i apply.My first choise is BLCU,because everyone i ve asked proposed this one.Then I m thinking of RENMIN and then maybe one in Shangai.What about you?which ones do you think are better?

Medical Exam:

@Brian US

I have the same concern as you regarding the medical form. I had one completed this past September to get my residency permit in China, and now I am not sure if I need to get another one completed. I'm currently trying to get a copy of my health form completed in September AND trying to get a new one completed -- but time is running out to beat the deadline clock, and I don't know if I will have time to get a new exam completed! Can you give me your opinion on the issue?

A Deadline Question:

It's my understanding that our applications need to arrive at CSC by April 30th. As such, does anyone know when do our applications, at the latest, need to arrive at the Washington, DC office so that they can be forwarded in time?

DC Contact Person:

@extrapages

I just received a phone number and email address of another contact person at the DC office (Ms. Xiao). It's my understanding that you do not want this information posted publicly on this thread. Is there any way to share this information with you privately so that you can share it with others? Thanks!

Mailing Address Question:

This is kind of a silly question, but does the Chinese Consulate in DC have a specific address they want the CSC applications mailed to?

Thanks all!

Helios, you can send it to me via private messaging.

did you look at the email i sent you? i also gave you ms. xiao's number after i got it from BrianUS... and i sent you the address that you send it to in DC (it's not the chinese consulate but the embassy that deals with the csc applications.)

@extrapages

Of course, I read your email, but it did not contain the email address for Ms. Xiao, it just had the phone number, which she was not answering. I then obtained her email address, and this is what I want to send you.

Regarding the address. I wasn't sure if that was the address to reach the contact person or to submit our documents. Now I know! Sorry!

I will PM you Ms. Xiao's email address now. By the way, I emailed her once, and she responded quickly! :)

Thank you for your help, extrapages!

@Helios

You said you already received an e-mail from Xiao, so did she confirm your physical as still good? As of yesterday she didn't have my application, so I was going to do a follow up in a week. I plan to find out about a physical when I get back to China just in case. It seems they don't know/don't care when I talked last, so it's up in the air.

@Brian US

My question to her:

"I currently work in China as a teacher, and I completed the Foreigner Physical Examination Form in September 2009. Do I need to get another physical examination form completed to apply for the CSC scholarship, or may I use a copy of my September physical exam form for my application?"

Her reply:

"The physical form in September is valid..."

My analysis:

Based on the email she sent me, she is okay with my September physical. I think I'm going to forgo on getting another one completed as I am running out of time, seriously.

I hope this helps!