Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

Hi everybody,

First thank you very much for this website, I had a lack of information before coming here.

Well i do have several questions though :

-I plan to apply for the Scholarship for September 2010, on their website it is written that the dead line is in April, why's that people talked about something in December ? Is it too late ?

-I haven't signed up for any university yet, do I have to do it before applying for the scholarship ?

-I saw that someone talk about an avocat to get its diplomas notarized, a stamp for my university is enough right ?

Thank you very much

Hi Mr.Zele,

Many things depends on your nationality/homecountry (so from where you apply, US/European country/Austrial etc).

But some general:

Transcripts means a list of class/subject/exams and grades/marks you got.

Diploma, is the paper you got after finishing secondary(high)school / college/ university, that states you got a degree/or some kind of qualification.

It can happen, that your "diploma" consist the transcripts also. Lucky you, in that case you only need to send that.

Hi Lantos,

Thank you very much for you answer, I'm from France and my English isn't perfect.

To get it notazied, do you think that a stamp by my unisersity is enough ?

Also I would like to apply for the "Chinese Language Student" Scholarship, since it's very easy to get enroled into Chinese course in Chinese University, I haven't filled up the inscription papers of University's inscription yet. Do I have to do it before giving my Scholarship file ?

Oh from France... c'est formidable. My English is also bad, but i don't care (until it's understandable). :D

Then you apply CSC scholarship via France-China bilateral agreement or via EU window?

Because if you apply the EU window, you should translate your papers if it is written in French (i guess the "le bac" or your "licence") ... because they only accept documents in English or in Chinese. In this case, the institution that makes the translation (it can be a university, public notary or some kind of official bureau de traductions) can "notarize" the documents - I think that's the easiest way.

If you apply some kind of local francais-chinois scholarship, i guess the easiest way to notarize your photocopies is, that you go to the instituion (either university or lycee) that has issued your papers.

And as extrapages already told, to apply CSC scholarship (as a language student) you don't need to be a university student.

oh are you French too ? That's cool !

Well I don't really know about the France-China bilateral agreement or the EU window. My plan was to fill up the CSC paper and to give it to the Chinese embassy. Can you tell me more about it please ?

Ok thanks, I will ask my university if they can notarize my diploma, otherwise if by any chance you live in Paris, do you know where I can have it done here ?

Merci beaucoup Lantos !

Hi everyone,

My name is Diana. Im from New Zealand... just graduated from my BA/LLB (Law and Arts majoring in chinese) conjoint degree last year... I am in the process of applying for my scholarship now.

I would like to study either journalism, MA in law, event management or film or just chinese language in Beijing.. Still trying to make up my mind... so please MSG me if you have studied any of these or related subjects in china as that would really help!

Well I just read the post #83 on this thread by jste143 and i was wondering if anyone else know anything about the CSC applications from New Zealand? Can we apply for the scholarship through the chinese embassy here or is the confucious institute the only way to getting the scholarship?

Im going to see the confucious institute now and will post up more on what I find out from there.

Thanks. Peace! and happy chinese new year everyone :clap

Went to see Lisa at the Confucious institute today. She told me that i will have to apply to the confucious institute for the scholarship and there are only 10 schorlarships for a full years language study in china. so i wont be able to choose to study journalism or anything else except for chinese language, which is fine by me too... im just a bit dissapointed that theres only 10 scholarships awarded here.

she also said there are more and more ppl applying for this each year >.<

hope that helps anyone seeking for the CSC scholarship from nz.

peace:-?:-?

1. If I just want to study chinese like everybody else here, do I fill in

Apply for: Chinese Language student

Discipline: Literature

Major: Chinese language ?

Also, for the question 'Do You Need Elementary Chinese Study Prior to the Major Study?" should I answer Yes or No? I only have a year of chinese under my belt so I still consider myself a novice. I wrote down no though, meaning I can at least understand enough to get by. Is this correct?

Also, for the question 'Do You Need Elementary Chinese Study Prior to the Major Study?" should I answer Yes or No? I only have a year of chinese under my belt so I still consider myself a novice. I wrote down no though, meaning I can at least understand enough to get by. Is this correct?

I would just put down "no" (you don't need elementary Chinese study and when they ask you to indicate your Chinese proficiency, fill in "poor" or "none" based on how much you actually covered. I think this language requirement option is more for people who will be studying in Chinese (BA, MA, Ph.D etc), and who are not yet fluent, as opposed to people who are going to study the language itself.

Here in Greece things are diffcult.I m searching at least two weeks now for somebody who can help me tell what is the situation about the scholarship here in Greece but nothing.I called to the chinese embassy but they don't know much.The woman i talk to told me to search for the number of chinise mission in europe.Any advice?Can I do it by myself?i mean can I just get the application and all the propers papers,and just send them?Please help

@travelgirl: you should ask at the Confucius institute in Athens, they obviously will know if there is any CSC (or other) scholarship for Greek students...

If they answer NO, then you can apply the usual whole Europe scholarship (EU Window). But your chances will be worse, since there are 27 countries, 500 million people, lot of students applying, and only 100 scholarship (and BTW one is mine, so only 99) :)

For EU scholarship you can find infos (i guess you already found) on the Chinese EU mission in Belgium homepage.

@MrZele: I'm not French, but I know more-or-less about France, and i even learnt French. So you should first contact the the cultural/educational section of the chinese embassy in Paris, and ask them if there is any special (or CSC) scholarship for French citizen. I am absolutly sure there will be (because French students are rarely applying (and getting) the EU window scholarship, so I guess there is something better for them). And let's hope, they can/will answer all your questions about the details, preconditions etc.

Anyone who got the medical exam done in Korea remember how long it took you to get the results back? I'm planning on going Monday but I fly out of Korea on March 5th. That gives me a little less than 2 weeks to get the results but I want to make sure that's enough time.

Hi, I also decided to check out my luck :)

I decided to enroll for general scholarshp to embassy of China in Poland. Chances are better than for EU window and I think I am decided to study in China. Currently I am on a one year course in Xi'an. I hope to get at least another one year language course in Shanghai and really wish to end up at International Law undergraduate degree.

I have one question about Foreigner Physical Examination Form - Soon I will do Examination for my visa here in China, if I will send them copy of this paper which guarantee me visa here, is there any sense of filling out this form, which is essential for applicants outside China?

As well I have here notarized copy of my high school diploma in English. I am afraid of sending that one copy since it may be useful in the future, and I am 100% sure I won't find here Polish-English translator. If I make a copy of this notarized translation, I can just send it as it is or I should make another notarization?

I would be helpful for any informations :)

sarpedon,

i dont think it takes two weeks. you can ask them when you go to the hospital, but i think it was only a few days...!

wrobel,

send a copy of the examination you will do for you visa. its the same physical exam. and you should definitely make copies of the translated diploma! you never know when youll need it again...! official documents are very important and china, and your diploma is one of them.

Thanks a lot :)

I was planning sending Certificate of verification which I get after physical examination done but maybe they need physical examination form for some unknown reasons...

Time to find Chinese friend who knows how notarization works in this crazy country :)