Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

"The physical form in September is valid..."

I hope she looks at my application. I always have this fear that it depends on who/when you talk to someone. I've also never had a package reach a Chinese destination.

1. BLCU application with delivery confirmation: LOST

2. Care package from family to my dorm in Beijing: LOST

3. CSC application with signature confirmation to embassy: LATE/LOST

I've gotten plenty of letters in China, but it seems I might as well e-mail anything important...

Well, the embassy will mail your application to CSC, and you don't have to worry about mailing it. I know how you feel, though. I worry a lot about things, but try to not worry. I don't see why your application would not reach the embassy.

Also, when I mail things and have things mailed to me, I have the address listed in English and Chinese characters. I don't know if you already do that, but it might help.

@flyingdream

Something to think about is the language issue. The courses are typically taught in Chinese, would you be able to participate in a course completely in Mandarin?

That issue aside, I am uncertain if you could participate in other courses after you had arrived with a CSC scholarship for language learning. I wish I had an answer for you. My inclination is to say that you could pay your way into some courses (kind of like an extension program), but I am not certain of this. Sorry.

If you've already been studying at one university in China, you have to get permission from your existing university to transfer to another university... regardless of whether you're receiving CSC money or paying your own way, and whether you're studying the same course or a different course.

@sidhi

Unfortunately, you know as much as I know. The contact in DC only told me that my September physical is valid. Anything else I could tell you would be speculation on my part.

My speculation: I am inclined to say that you have to provide a completed Foreign Physical Examination Form. I don't believe that giving them a copy of your visa will be sufficient. From what I have read on the Archived CSC thread, it seems to me that they actually use the physical exam form to start our visa process, and if you do not give them that, they probably could not proceed with the visa application process. Also, are you applying to the DC embassy? If so, I imagine that what the DC contact perso told me applies to you as well: If you have a Foreign Physical Exam Form from September, it is "valid".

For the foreign physical examination form, we have to submit photocopies but should we also submit photocopies of the chest x-rays + ecg too? or only photocopy of the physical examination form?

P.S. Can we make photocopies of the chest x-rays?

a photocopy of just the form is enough for the application - you can add the ecg if you want.

if you search the archived thread, youll see that you're supposed to hold onto the original x-ray, but you end up never needing it. my friend used it to cover a crack in his window for a year.

@Helios

I do not intend to change courses... but rather apply for a second course while doing the chinese language course.. because I want to apply for the course through CSC and many people say that i won't get it.So that's why i'm applying for chinese language instead. Even if i can't apply for it in the same university.. can i apply in a different one? Then i'll follow the 2 courses at the same time.

Hi extrapages and everybody. Long time viewer of the thread. Priceless.

Just thought I'd finally chime in to say that I just spoke to the education office at the Chinese consulate general in NY (do I sound like a recording that I've heard a million times!) and was told that this year no individual applicants (like me!) would be accepted for the CSC scholarship. Apparently, at least here in the northeastern US, you have to be enrolled in one of the few universities who have signed something with the chinese gov't. This was shockingly bad news for me, as I was ready to finally apply to do graduate work and finish my language studies in China.

I still have hope though because the woman on the phone half sounded like she didn't really know what she was talking about, and they've told lies before, and I don't really see how anyone could do a full degree program in China while taking classes at say Harvard or SUNY. Does anyone have any information on whether this is true or not? If so, is it possible to go through an embassy outside of my region, or would it do me any good to contact one of the US universities she mentioned?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

hey all you people

I'm Irish and applying for this years EU scholarship.. Got all my gear together now and about to send it off..

Just wondering if anyone knows what the chances of an over 25 getting onto the language program are for the EU window>>?

Just got the confirmation from the DC contact that my application is in hand. A part of me wishes less people apply, so I have less competition. Yet, without the help of the forum and especially extrapages, I would be lost.

Good luck to all and I have a feeling I have many more hoops to jump through before I'm done.

Just got the confirmation from the DC contact that my application is in hand. A part of me wishes less people apply, so I have less competition. ...

There's nothing wrong with a bit of self-interested hope like that... =P As much as we're all helping each other on here, and ideally we would all get accepted, its perfectly justified to hope for your own success.

Best of luck on your application!

P.S. Which schools did you apply to?... I'll be at Beijing Normal University, so let me know if you're going to be in the city too ^^

P.S. Which schools did you apply to?

1. Tsinghua

2. Peking

3. Renmin

I heard Tsinghua isn't accepting scholarships, but as long as I get something I don't care. I'm currently at BLCU, but I applied for two more years of language and three year masters of Chinese accounting. The masters in accounting limited my selection of schools. I would prefer to stay in Beijing.

For the duplicate copy of the application form. Can I just photocopy the filled application form with my photo on it? Or should I photocopy it with out the photo and glue a photo on it?

On the form it says "Each set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages"

Do they mean 20 single sided pages? or 20 double sided pages?

I have in all 13 pages which are printed on both sides for each set. Will they take it?

Edited by esroh