Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Just to share my exprience in this topic. I did my undergraduate degree at Sun Yat-Sen University and then applied for a scholarship to continue to masters in teaching Chinese. At the moment my status is:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取
(意见:该生材料准备齐全,具有良好的汉语基础,同意录取。)
接收院校:中山大学

As it's the university I graduated from, it's not a big surprise that they chose me, but still have to wait for Hanban's confirmation/approval.

• Like 1

Thank you, shuoshuo! What university did they suggest you?

I wrote to my second choice uni, and they replied that they don't find my documents. And they also say my docs must be sent by the reccomending institution not by the first uni which rejected me. Well, this is what they wrote: "你好!

你的材料是给推荐机构,我们现在没有收到你的材料。因为第一志愿不是我们学校,所以我们直到前天都没有看到你的信息。现在进入汉办的调剂系统,我想过几天会有具体消息。" can anybody tell me please what 你的材料是给推荐机构 means? Should i ask my CI to send them my docs?

naruto kun, It does not say it has been rejected but say nothing good either. It seems your choice of U has been decided not to grant scholarship for you! was this your first choice or second U? How likely do you think it is the Hanban's decision?

Naruto kun - Not a good status. You can try to contact Hanban (the email address on the online application page in your account) and see what the issue is and if it can be resolved.

yes it roughly says that "Hanban find this guy a U to go" but you said it is your first choice so I am a bit confused with why they pass it to the Hanban, it should have changed to the second U you have chosen. 

Footnote: as we also see in ana_bra's case, the high ranked universities reject and we have no clue who they accept, if any! 

and others who have chosen either relatively low ranked Us or sister Us have got accepted. guys correct me if I am wrong

ana_bra: is 北京大学 your first choice university or it's already the second one? 

Actually, I don't understand who sends the docs to the second university in case the first uni doesn't accept you...?? For example, my second uni says they've received nothing, even if it's the 4th day I have my second uni as 接收院校

its really strange that despite the fact that your second uni is already your host institution they don't see your docs;/ When my second uni didn't see my application it was caused by the fact that my first uni didn't cancel my application in the system. And I was told that its not that someone is sending your documents, but when 1st uni cancel your application its automatically sending to your 2nd uni

If your first choice university rejects you, they will tell Hanban. Hanban will then ask appeal to your second choice university to accept you. If your second choice university rejects you, the ball goes back to Hanban's court. So the status will not change directly from first choice uni to second choice uni. They do not liase with each other. They liase with Hanban. It is also Hanban's decision, how far they want to pursue other universities. In some cases, if your first and second choice universities do not accept you, it ends there.

According to some articles, you are encouraged to apply to other universities to help your application. So if your choice universities do not accept you, an alternative might be willing. This may help Hanban find placement for you.

shuoshuo:
what do you mean by saying "you are encouraged to apply to other universities to help your application" ? Aren't there just 2 universities we're allowed to apply to, those ones we indicate in our application? how is it possible to apply to others? and if it's possible anyway, what should we do in this case, then? 

ana_bra:
I have the supposition that this kind of status can also mean that Hanban is in the process of redirecting the application from the first uni to the second one, because when I asked my second uni about this status they said s they're still entering in the system ( that's why they haven't received my docs yet), and perhaps in a few days there can be some more information available. 

Last year when I was applying, we were told to find universities that will accept us to help Hanban with the process, in case our first and second choice universities did not accept us. But ultimately, I didn't have to because after my first and second choice universities officially rejected my application, a third university accepted me immediately. I.e. they accepted my application on the same day that the received it. So I was extremely fortunate.

If I'm not mistaken, there is this option in the form that asks the applicant if they would be willing to accept other universities assigned to them if they are unsuccessful with their 2 choices.

shuoshuo:

You're right, there's such an option. But should I personally send my docs to other universities I choose or I should do it again through my local CI? And also another question: when Hanban asks another university to review your application, is it usually written in 接收院校 what university it is?how was it in your case?

Hi everyone! My status is
申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 

(意见:同意录取。)
接收院校:南开大学
It's been more than 2 weeks, should I get worried? Or should I relax? Did anyone have this status? How has it changed? Sorry, I'm getting worried, It's been awhile
By the way, Nankai is my firs choice!
Thank you and good luck to everyone!

I have the same status, there is nothing to worry about. in about two weeks, Hanban should get back to us. According to some here, the third step of application process is just a formality if you pass first two steps successfully. So it is time to relax and wait for Hanban's decision!