Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Congratulations to everyone who's got their scholarships confirmed!

I'd like to invite you all to find the specific topic for your university via our University Index - you might find some recent discussion and reviews from current students, and you're welcome to introduce yourself. Remember, many students are not on scholarships and won't look at the CIS or CSC topics. I've also added links to recent posts above. 

If the topic for your university is empty or not very active - please help us make it active. Say hello now, and when you get to your university come back and tell us what it's like. You all know how useful that will be for future students. 

Congratulations again!

We can do that easily! Start a new topic here introducing yourself and explaining what you'll be studying, why you are going to this university, etc, and I'll move it into the Universities forum and add it to the index. I can't guarantee you we have other students going there, but maybe we do, and hopefully you can add information over the next year, to help the 2015 students.

Anyone else need a new topic? Just use the same link above. 

a bit late, but anyway... Congrats to everyone! We've done it, guys! I hope we will love our staying in China and enjoy our universities! I would like to thank you all for helping to resolve scholarship issues and also for your support in difficult and frustrating moments! I am very glad that I've found this forum. It's been very useful for me, and I think that future novices now have a great opportunity to learn from our mistakes and get more necessary information. Thank you all again!

I have got a question, now what shoud we do? just waiting for any news from uni or Confucius institute or we should write them something on our own? I don't see any list of candidates accepted for the scholarship too.

By the way... of course, it's quite unlikely, anyway... Is there anybody going to the Ludong University in Yantai?

I have been awarded a Confucius Institute Scholarship for 6 months from September but cannot take it due to work commitments. Does anyone know if I reject it will it lower my chances of getting one in the future?

hey guys, one quick question: Are you going to purchase flight ticket right away since we officially got accepted? or you will wait till the documents arrive, just in case something goes wrong?  

My CI told me to wait till my admission letter would come, I think its better to wait. But I'm worrying a bit about tickets ;/

Btw I really recommend you guys to search for flights on these websites:

http://www.itasoftware.com/ (here you can only check the cheapest option without buying) and

www.orbitz.com (here you can buy tickets)

Sometimes time of waiting between flights is a bit longer but price is much cheaper, I have found the option for me to wait 23 hours in Hongkong and I'm quite happy abt it:))

Thanks for the information, Ros4leen!

Guys, does anybody know when our studies at University begin? It's the only thing unawareness of which is preventing me from buying a ticket.

Btw, when are we supposed to receive our admission note? 

So it seems buying tickets now is a bit risky. I will wait then.

I contacted my U and they told me they will send the documents directly to my home address and it will be about mid July as they said. 

And as far as I know classes begin in September first or second depending on which one is the Monday. To be certain, you can always go to your U's website and find the academic calendar, and It should give you some sense about it!

P.S.: tickets are so expensive!

anyone still remember bout me? my status just change this morning to 申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金

(意见:授予2014年度孔子学院奖学金,请学校及时

联系推荐机构或申请人办理入学相关手续。)2014年

度获得全额奖学金。this is miracle for me. What I believe is that we should always be optimistic.. anyone to Bfsu? congratulation to everyone here...:-)

I'm so happy for all of you. See? There was nothing to worry about! :)

The documents will be sent to the address you put on your application (where it indicated mailing address). If you put your CI's address then they will send it to your CI.

I advise you to tell the university that has accepted you, to mail your documents to a home address or a post office box that belongs to you. Last year, there were several delays because some institutes are departments in universities and these universities were closed for July and August summer holidays.

Buy your ticket whwn you know the date when the university will accommodate CI students for free. If you arrive too early you migjt have to pay, so make sure you are there on time. As ticket prices increase if you buy them on short notice, you should probably buy your ticket soon.

My dear friends, remember that some schools may delay with your first allowance. You may receive it even a week or more after registration. So to be on the safe side, make sure you take enough money with you, enough for a few weeks or even a month.

For one-year students, you will have to do your physical examination for your residence permit. If you do everything in China it will cost almost 500 yuan. Although this is not much, if your country offers physical examination for free or for less than this amount, it might be wiser for you to get it done in your country.

Good luck!