Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Obscuritea: pretty sure it just means that we're supposed to arrive at the universities during the fall semester 

@Voyager: correct me if I'm wrong but it says 请学校及时联系推荐机构或申请人 which means that Hanban is asking the universities to contact the CIs and the applicants. I dont think we're supposed to contact anyone.

@Voyager: I suspect that now we have to wait until the universities send our visa application forms to our local CIs. In the meantime you can get your physical examination done (which is what I'm planning to do :)

Congratulations to everyone! Looks like I'll be going to Nanjing University this fall :) Just a question, on my 'Register' page, under '年度奖学金资格'  I've got written  '全奖'  but I actually only applied for the one-semester scholarship. Is this a mistake? Or am I reading it wrong?

@crispychips The 全奖 I believe just means you have the full scholarship for that semester, as opposed to a partial scholarship (which apparently some people have gotten before, looking at past posts).

Woohoo! Congrats everyone, so happy for all of you. Voyager- you just have to wait for your accepting institution to contact you or send your documents to you. You can always send them an email to clarify your mailing address.

Congrats guys!

Hi all! I applied for the one semester scholarship and like a lot of you my notice changed to 奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金
(意见:授予2014年度孔子学院奖学金,请学校及时联系推荐机构或申请人办理相关手续)2014年度获得全额奖学金, so does this means I have the scholarship for sure ? :D. I've had a lot of contact with Renmin already as its an exchange programme as part of my degree but my enrollment status says 未报到, I presume this is ok?

I have a question!

I decided to apply for the CIS scholarship in the last moment!

My passport expires in April 2015 and didn't have time to get a new one!

So does anyone know what to do next?

To get a new one and to travel with both the old and the new one or?

• New Members

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I'm afraid you won't get a visa if your passport is not valid for sixth months after the expiration of the visa you apply for. Also I really don't think that you can keep your old passport after you apply for a new one. Of course you can keep it physically but using it might be illegal.

Are you sure you cannot have the new passport issued? There's still some time after all.

Also, anyone going to BFSU? :)

Gaomeili - are you going for one semester or one year? Either way, you will have issues because if you want to head back home or travel durijg the January winter holidays you will not be issued a ticket. You may be issued a one-way ticket now, when you leave for China. But try to find out if your consulate in China may be able to help you renew your passport while you are there.

That said, try to renew it before you leave and tell them it's urgent.

I will get new one. That's not a problem!

The problem is that the visa application that I will get from the uni will be with the number of my old pass.

That's all! Hope won't have big issues with the visa!

Although, thank you guys for the replies!