Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

Hey, I realized the first post of the thread sort-of addressed this quetion, but I thought I'd ask to confirm with those who have already received the scholarship in the past.

I received confirmation from Beijing Foreign Studies University that I have received CSC Scholarship and have been accepted to their school. I sent them an email regarding the dormitories and was told that all international students are responsible for pre-booking their own rooms based on their own needs.

The first page says that the schools will have rooms already pre-booked for scholarship students. Is this true in all cases?

How am I supposed to know which type of dorm to book if I don't know what the CSC is covering or willing to pay for?

thanks in advance~

• New Members

Apparently the scholarships for ontario canada have already been decided. We all got this email a couple of days ago.

Dear all,

Just received the fax from CSC, telling that you have been awarded the scholarship. I'll let you know when to come to my office for the formal admission letter immediately after I receive them, which are just on the way to my office.

Congratulations.

Hey, I'm applying for CSC through Xiamen University (for Masters programme), talking about the results I've recived following email form XU:

"Dear Madam,

The materials for Chinese Government Scholarship is still under review and the results will come out at the end of this month. We will put the result on our website in June, so please refer to http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/ then.

Best regards,

Admissions Office, Xiamen University"

So...unitl June (I hope)

After reading villagepark's post I rushed to check my email as well! Residents from Saskatchewan, Canada's CSC scholarships have already been decided as well! The first email confirmed that we had received the scholarship and to what school we will be going to. There was also a second email asking for a posting address for them to send us our information! I'm so excited!

• New Members

Uh, HELP.

I need an assessment of the viability of my application considering the approaching deadline. I just found out about this scholarship 2 days ago, but despite the keenest interest, I don't know if I have enough time. I'm an American currently living in Hunan, where I teach, so getting all the documents from my alma mater in the US would take some time, even if I were at home. But this thread says I have to mail my application to the PRC Embassy in DC, just to have them mail it back to Beijing? There's nothing more direct I can do?

If you go with the latest estimate, April 30, I have 11 days. I can certainly complete the online application tomorrow, but getting my notarized transcript via international mail... I guess my question is whether the deadline is applied to all application materials or just the online one?

I realize information is scarce, but I would like best guess whether I should just abandon this. Is there any recourse, and when is the next round, in a year?

着急地,

Dan

Hi Dan123,

I'm sorry to say you are probably too late for this year's application. You will need to wait until next year to apply again. I think it would take at least two weeks for your application to reach DC even if you sent it today. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to fill out the online application, but don't expect anything.

You may also have options with other scholarships through the school or city. We don't really cover this type of scholarship, so feel free to post your own topic on the matter.

I would also like to congratulate those who have already been accepted! (sorry Dan)

@aizjev @kimmie

just read it here in our forum, i can't remember the username of where i read it from. its seems accurate so i accepted it as truth, and i used the agency number he wrote, and its correct too. i hope you already applied because i was at CHED last April 11 and told me the deadline was April 15, so i was in luck with timing. you can always call them, look for Ms. Cora, 4410750. and, read the whole forum, it's really helpful.=)

Albertan students have also gotten a response, although it is vague as all hell. Ie, "Apparently you have a scholarship, but we don't know to what school yet".

I'm going to see if I can switch my scholarship though, as I got the scholarship for language study, but I've been accepted to Tsinghua for a master's program. We'll see how that goes, I'm not expecting to be able to switch it, but it's worth a shot.

And for the record, it's possible to get the CSC scholarship as long as you want, it seems. This is the 4th year running I've had it-- granted, it's been a partial scholarship for 3 years, but it's definitely possible to reapply and get it over and over.

Hi all,

I just found out about this scholarship yesterday. I realize that the deadline is on Apr 30th 2011 (yeah, it's a little bit too late now).

I'm currently living in Jakarta - Indonesia, so I'm thinking that I might still have enough time to submit the application to the China Embassy.

Do you think it's still worth to give it a try?

Thanks in advance.

when should I be expecting a reply? I'm from Pakistan?

Not forgetting that the Prime Minister of China recently(5 months ago) announced 500 full scholarships to Pakistani Undergraduates :)

I'm confused on one question.. :\

I did not chose all the three choices of Universities in the forum, I just selected two

one was "Nanchang" and the other was "Shangai Jiao Tong" ..

now that I've came to know about, that Shangai Jiao Tong" does not offer B.E in Mechanical Engineering but Nanchang do..

now, I wanted to ask.. If Nanchang does not accept me, would they transfer me to some other school or just cancel my application?

@aunamni

As a new member your first few posts need to be approved. You posted the same question, so only one post was approved. This topic is getting very long, so I'm being a little strict in order to consolidate information. You should be able to send messages now. If you have any questions about this feel free to pm me.

@hiten

I'm sorry to say you are probably too late for this year's application. You will need to wait until next year to apply again. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to fill out the online application, but don't expect anything.

You may also have options with other scholarships through the school or city. We don't really cover this type of scholarship, so feel free to post your own topic on the matter.

@Awais Kazi

It really depends on your program, but many applications are sent to other universities. You may be accepted to a school that was not in your top three choices.

• Like 1

The 2011 CSC Scholarship is coming to an end. We have a new topic started for the CSC Scholarship Results - 2011 to discuss scholarship results. Thanks to everyone who participated this year and I hope all the lurkers will join us in the next couple months. If you still have questions about the application process you may post it in the new topic, or message me directly.